Monast Lc Tablet
By EMCURE PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Monast Lc tablet is used for the management of symptoms such as runny & stuffy nose (allergic rhinitis), blockage in airways, sneezing, itching, watery eyes and other allergic symptoms. It is a combination of two medicines, montelukast and levocetirizine. Monast Lc tablet works by reducing the constriction and swelling of airways and blocking the production of chemicals responsible for producing symptoms of allergy. Monast lc is advised to take this medicine, preferably at bedtime, as it may cause dizziness....
|You Save||₹23.63 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Montelukast(10.0 Mg),Levocetirizine(5.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Headache, dry mouth, tiredness, blocked nose, dizziness|
Check more medicines with composition as Montelukast(10.0 Mg) + Levocetirizine(5.0 Mg)
10 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Monast Lc Tablet
Uses of Monast Lc Tablet
To treat allergic rhinitis.
Contraindications of Monast Lc Tablet
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredients of Monast lc like levocetirizine, cetirizine or montelukast.
- If you have kidney problems or undergoing dialysis.
- If you are unable to digest lactose and glucose (galactose intolerance).
Side effects of Monast Lc Tablet
- Dry mouth
- Blocked nose
- Increased liver enzymes
- Pain in the stomach and abdomen
Precautions and Warnings of Monast Lc Tablet
Can I take Monast Lc tablet during pregnancy?
The safety of Monast lc in pregnancy is not established. Do not take this medicine unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Monast Lc tablet while breastfeeding?
It is not safe to use Monast lc during breastfeeding as Levocetirizine passes into human milk and can harm the baby. It can cause drowsiness in the breastfed baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Monast Lc tablet?
This medicine may cause dizziness or drowsiness. Be cautious while driving or operating any machinery after taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Monast Lc tablet?
It is advised to avoid alcohol consumption during the treatment, as it might alter your alertness. Do not drink alcohol if you are taking any medicines for sleeplessness, as the side effects may worsen.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are taking medicines for allergies (corticosteroids) like Prednisone and Prednisolone.
- You are already taking painkillers like aspirin, as it can increase the risk of asthma.
- You experience a rash or breathing difficulty.
- You are suffering from a psychiatric illness.
- This medicine can cause anxiety, aggression, lack of sleep and suicidal thoughts. In case you experience any of these, immediately inform your doctor.
- You are suffering from a genetic disorder called phenylketonuria.
- You are not able to empty the bladder.
- This medicine is not meant for relief from acute asthma. Use your inhaler for asthma relief in an acute attack.
Mode of Action of Monast Lc Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Montelukast blocks certain natural substances called leukotriene, which cause symptoms of allergy. It reduces swelling, relaxes airways and helps to make breathing easier.
- Levocetirizine blocks histamine, a natural substance, which is produced by the body during allergic reactions.
Directions for Use of Monast Lc Tablet
- Take Monast Lc tablet as directed by your physician.
- Monast Lc tablet can be taken with or without food.
Interactions of Monast Lc Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Monast Lc tablet contains Levocetirizine and Montelukast. Any interaction which is seen with any of these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination too.
- Medicines used to treat psychotic disorders may cause drowsiness if used concomitantly.
- The use of Medicine used to treat fits such as Phenytoin together with this medicine can affect the effect of this medicine.
- Antiviral Medicine such as Ritonavir may interfere with the effectiveness of this medicine when used concomitantly.
Storage and disposal of Monast Lc Tablet
- Store this medicine below 30°C.
- Try to protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep it away from the reach of children.
Dosage of Monast Lc Tablet
Symptoms of overdose include drowsiness, aggression, restlessness, thirst and headache. In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose Monast lc, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I have depression. Can Monast Lc tablet worsen it?
A: Monast Lc tablet is known to cause side effects like anxiety, depression, irritability and suicidal behaviour. It would be best if you are cautious as there can be an increased frequency of suicidal thoughts. In case it occurs, immediately inform your family and doctor.
Q: Can I take Monast Lc tablet during an asthma attack?
A: No, it will not help in an acute attack of asthma. It is advised to take appropriate rescue medicine like inhalers given by your doctor during an asthma attack. Keep taking Monast Lc tablet as well and do not stop it abruptly.
Q: Can I take Monast Lc tablet in pregnancy?
A: Yes, it can be used if prescribed by a doctor. Due to inadequate information on its safety in pregnancy, you should avoid self-medicating this medicine.
Q: Can I stop taking Monast Lc tablet if symptoms of allergy go away?
A: No, you should take this medicine for the duration prescribed by your doctor. Stopping this medicine in between the treatment may revert the allergic symptoms.
Q: What is Monast Lc tablet?
A: Monast Lc tablet is a combination medicine that is used for relieving symptoms of allergic rhinitis (runny nose, blockage in airways, sneezing, chest congestion, itching, watery eyes and stuffed nose).
Q: Can the use of Monast Lc tablet cause dry mouth?
A: Dry mouth is one of the side effects that can be seen after taking this medicine. However, these symptoms are usually mild and resolve on your own. Also, everyone doesn't have to experience the same.
Q: What are the contents present in Monast Lc tablet?
A: The contents present in Monast Lc tablet are montelukast and levocetirizine, which is an antiallergic medicine that helps to relieve allergy symptoms like runny nose, sneezing, watery eyes, cough or other allergic symptoms.
- MONTAIR LC [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 14 March 2022]
- MTnL Tablet [Internet]. Centaurpharma.com. 2021 [cited 14 March 2022]
- Montelukast 10 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 14 March 2022]
- Levocetirizine 5 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 14 March 2022]
- Levocetirizine [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 14 March 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 14 March 2022]
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.