Minoz Od 100mg Capsule
By RANBAXY LABORATORIES (SUN PHARMA)
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Minoz Od 100mg Capsule is an antibiotic containing Minocycline as its active ingredient. It is used to treat a wide variety of bacterial infections of the skin, respiratory tract, urinary tract, private parts, etc. This medicine should be used only under medical prescription. Take it as prescribed and for the duration, it is prescribed. You should complete the entire treatment with this medicine and not stop it mid-way on your own without consulting your doctor....
|You Save||₹82.80 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
Check more medicines with composition as Minocycline(100.0 Mg)
Uses of Minoz Od 100 MG
Minoz Od 100mg Capsule is used in the treatment of urinary tract infection, respiratory tract infections like pneumonia, eye infection, skin infection like acne, sexually transmitted diseases like gonorrhoea and other various other infections caused by bacteria....
Contraindications of Minoz Od 100 MG
- If you are allergic to Minocycline or any of the ingredient of Minoz Od 100mg Capsule.
- If you are suffering from an autoimmune disease called systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE).
- If you are on dialysis or need one.
- If you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or breastfeeding
- This medicine should not be used in children below 12 years of age.
Side effects of Minoz Od 100 MG
- Sensitivity to light
- Fever (uncommon)
- Drowsiness, vertigo, visual disturbances and impaired hearing (rare)
Precautions and Warnings of Minoz Od 100 MG
Can I take Minoz Od 100mg Capsule during pregnancy?
Minoz Od 100mg Capsule must not be taken during pregnancy as it may be unsafe. It may affect the teeth or bone development of the unborn baby. Please consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby before starting this medicine.
Can I take Minoz Od 100mg Capsule while breastfeeding?
Minoz Od 100mg Capsule must not be taken while breastfeeding, as it passes into the breastmilk. It may cause permanent teeth discoloration. Please consult your doctor before using this medicine while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Minoz Od 100mg Capsule?
Minoz Od 100mg Capsule may sometimes cause dizziness, vertigo, headache, light-headedness, visual disturbances like blurred vision, impaired hearing. Thus, you should be caution or avoid driving while on treatment.
Can I consume alcohol with Minoz Od 100mg Capsule?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while on treatment with Minoz Od 100mg Capsule.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney or liver problems, it should be administered with caution in such patients.
- You are suffering from a condition that causes muscle weakness (myasthenia gravis).
- You notice any severe allergic reaction or unwanted side effects after taking Minoz Od 100mg Capsule.
- You notice any symptoms like yellowing of the skin, appetite lost, stomach pain, which may be signs of liver damage.
- You must avoid being in the sunlight or ultraviolet light for too long as this medicine can make your skin too sensitive.
- You should let the doctor, or the laboratory person know that you are using this medicine while going for a lab test, as this medicine may interfere with the lab tests.
- Minoz Od 100mg Capsule is not recommended for use in children below 12 years of age.
Mode of Action of Minoz Od 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Minocycline in Minoz Od 100mg Capsule works by inhibiting the synthesis of essential proteins required by the bacteria to carry out vital functions, which ultimately stops bacterial growth. Thereby, it helps in curing the infection....
Directions for Use of Minoz Od 100 MG
- Minoz Od 100mg Capsule should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, whilst in an upright sitting or standing position. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Minoz Od 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Minoz Od 100mg Capsule may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Inform your doctor if you are taking any medicine that affects your liver.
- Concomitant use of Minoz Od 100mg Capsule along with blood thinners like warfarin can increase the risk of bleeding.
- Concomitant use along with antibiotics like penicillin or antacids can alter the effects of this medicine.
- Other medicines like Oral contraceptives, ergometrine, sucralfate, quinapril, isotretinoid, ergotamine should be used with caution along with Minoz Od 100mg Capsule.
Interactions with food items
Minoz Od 100mg Capsule can be taken with or without food.
Storage and disposal of Minoz Od 100 MG
Store Minoz Od 100mg Capsule in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat. Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Minoz Od 100 MG
Symptoms of overdose may be dizziness, nausea and vomiting. Seek medical attention in case you have consumed too much of Minoz Od 100mg Capsule.
Missed a Dose
In case you’ve missed any dose of Minoz Od 100mg Capsule, take it as soon as you remember it. If it is almost time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Minoz Od 100mg Capsule an antibiotic?
A: Yes, Minoz Od 100mg Capsule contains Minocycline, which is an antibiotic.
Q: What is the use of Minoz Od 100mg Capsule?
A: Minoz Od 100mg Capsule is used in the treatment of urinary tract infection, respiratory tract infections like pneumonia, eye infection, skin infection like acne, sexually transmitted diseases like gonorrhoea and other various other infections caused by bacteria.
Q: Can I stop taking Minoz Od 100mg Capsule on my own?
A: No, you should never stop taking Minoz Od 100mg Capsule until advised by doctor, even if you are feeling good. Stopping this tablet in between the treatment may cause recurrence of infection.
Q: How long should I take Minoz Od 100mg Capsule?
A: The dose and duration of Minoz Od 100mg Capsule will depend on the response to treatment. Follow your doctor's instructions and do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.