Minado 500mg Tablet
Minado 500mg Tablet Description
Minado Tablet is an anti-migraine medicine. It contains a combination of naproxen and domperidone as active substances. Naproxen is an anti-inflammatory medicine, while domperidone is an anti-emetic
agent. It is used in the treatment of migraine headaches. It is also used in inflammatory (pain and swelling) conditions of the joints like rheumatoid arthritis and other forms of arthritis. It works by blocking the effect of inflammation-causing substances and producing relief in symptoms. This medicine also controls nausea and vomiting. Avoid taking this medicine if you have a heart rhythm problem or history of ulcers due to pain killers. Long-term treatment with this medicine can affect your liver and kidneys. Take this medicine as suggested by the doctor and in the dose and duration prescribed. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history. This medicine should not be used in children below 5 years of age.
|Contains||Domperidone(10.0 Mg) + Naproxen(500.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Migraine, pain, inflammation|
|Side effects||Headache, sleepiness, dizziness, rashes|
Uses of Minado 500mg Tablet
- Minado Tablet is used to relieve pain, swelling, and discomfort associated with different forms of arthritis and other conditions.
- It is also used to prevent migraine (intense headaches with nausea, vomiting, and sensitivity to light and sound).
Contraindications of Minado 500mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to naproxen, domperidone, or any other ingredients of Minado Tablet.
- If you have an allergy to painkillers like aspirin or ibuprofen. If you are not sure what these medicines are, please confirm with your doctor.
- If you have a history of ulcers or bleeding.
- If you have any problems with your heart, liver, or kidney.
- If you're pregnant or think you may be pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have a pituitary gland tumour that releases an excess of prolactin hormone (prolactinoma).
- If you have an obstruction, blockage, or perforation (tear) in the intestine or any part of the gut.
- If you have any condition due to which there is a salt imbalance in your body (low levels of potassium or magnesium or high level of potassium).
Side effects of Minado 500mg Tablet
Precautions and Warnings of Minado 500mg Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You have any stomach and intestinal diseases.
- You smoke or consume alcohol regularly.
- You are above 65 years of age.
- You had or have problems with your heart, liver, or kidney.
- You have diabetes or high blood pressure or high cholesterol.
- You have asthma or any problems with your breathing.
- You are planning to have a baby, as Naproxen may interfere with female fertility.
- You are using other medicines that may cause bleeding and ulcers in the stomach.
- You have to undergo any blood or urine tests.
- You are taking medicines or painkillers for headaches too often.
- You are above 12 years of age with a body weight below 35 kgs.
- You are taking apomorphine.
- You have developed an allergy or skin rash after taking this medicine.
- You have an autoimmune disorder called systemic lupus erythematosus or any tissue disorder or any blood clotting issues.
- You have Parkinson’s disease, asthma, colitis, or Crohn's disease.
Mode of Action of Minado 500mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Minado Tablet contains a combination of naproxen and domperidone as active substances.
- Naproxen belongs to a group of medicine that blocks the effect of inflammatory chemicals. So, the symptoms like redness, pain, inflammation, and swelling improve gradually.
- Domperidone is used to control nausea and vomiting. It prevents food from coming back up in the oesophagus (food pipe), which may occur due to stomach irritation caused by naproxen and other painkillers and in migraine attacks....
Directions for Use of Minado 500mg Tablet
- Minado Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Do not consume more than the dose prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Minado 500mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Minado Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- You may experience abnormal heart rhythm when taking this medicine along with medicines like amiodarone, used in abnormal heart rhythm, particular care should be taken when using medicines like haloperidol and escitalopram used in psychiatric illness, antibiotics such as erythromycin, antifungals such as ketoconazole, lumefantrine used in malaria, cisapride used for gastric problems, mizolastine used in allergy and anticancer such as vandetanib....
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with diltiazem and verapamil used for the treatment of heart problems is not recommended.
- It decreases the effectiveness of atenolol and water pills such as furosemide used to treat high blood pressure.
- Maintain a minimum gap of 10-12 days between the use of this medicine and mifepristone.
- The chances of kidney damage increase if Minado Tablet is taken along with cyclosporine and tacrolimus which are medicines used to prevent organ rejection.
- The chances of stomach ulcers and bleeding increase if used along with steroids like prednisone, painkillers, blood thinners like warfarin, and bisphosphonates used to treat weakened bone.
- You may experience fits and convulsions if taken along with antibiotics such as ciprofloxacin and ofloxacin.
- The side effects related to blood increase if taken along with zidovudine used in the treatment of HIV infection.
- You should take this medicine at least 1 hour before or 4 to 6 hours after cholestyramine used in the treatment of cholesterol problems.
- Other medicines like phenytoin, lithium, methotrexate, digoxin, probenecid, gliclazide, and sulfamethoxazole should be used cautiously along with Minado Tablet.
Storage and disposal of Minado 500mg Tablet
- Store Minado Tablet below 25°C protected from moisture, sunlight, and heat.
- Keep this medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Minado 500mg Tablet
Missed a Dose
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Minado Tablet be taken on an empty stomach?
Q: What is Minado used for?
- Minado Tablet is used to relieve pain, swelling and discomfort associated with different forms of arthritis and other conditions.
- It is also used to prevent migraine (intense headaches with nausea, vomiting and sensitivity to light and sound).
Q: Is Minado a painkiller medicine?
- Naproxen 250mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 19 May 2022]
- Motilium 10mg Film-coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 19 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 19 May 2022]