Metzok 50mg Tablet
Metzok 50 MG Description
Metzok 50 tablet is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension) and various other heart-related conditions such as angina (chest pain), heart failure, thus preventing further complications. It c
ntains Metoprolol as an active ingredient. Metoprolol in Metzok 50 tablet lowers the raised blood pressure and has its action specific to the heart muscles. It acts by relaxing the blood vessels, thereby reducing the load on the heart and decreasing the blood pressure. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. Do not abruptly stop taking this medicine. Uncontrolled high blood pressure may further cause harm to the heath of an individual by increasing the risk of damage to various organs such as the eye, brain, heart, kidney, etc. Following a healthy diet and active lifestyle can aid in controlling the disease condition and blood pressure in an effective way along with this medicine.
Uses of Metzok 50 MG
Contraindications of Metzok 50 MG
- If you are allergic to metoprolol or any other ingredient of Metzok 50 tablet.
- If you have diabetes associated with frequent low blood sugar levels (hypoglycemia).
- If you are suffering from low blood pressure (hypotension).
- If you have any heart condition such as heart block, uncontrolled heart failure.
- If you have any pre-existing medical condition such as asthma, respiratory infection, liver or kidney disorders, etc.
- If you have an electrolyte imbalance, acid-base imbalance.
- If you are on medication like verapamil, diltiazem, disopyramide (heart medicine).
Side effects of Metzok 50 MG
- Decreased heart rate
- Difficulty in breathing
- A sudden drop in blood pressure when you stand from a seated or lying down position (orthostatic hypotension).
- Abdominal pain
Precautions and Warnings of Metzok 50 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience or have a history of an allergic reaction after taking Metzok 50 tablet.
- You have any pre-existing medical conditions such as diabetes, heart condition, liver or kidney disease, psoriasis.
- You have respiratory conditions like asthma, obstructive lungs disease (COPD).
- Metzok 50 tablet should not be used in children below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Metzok 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Metzok 50 MG
Interactions of Metzok 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of this medicine if taken at the same time.
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are currently consuming, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for any disorder....
- In particular, if you are taking any pain killers, other anti-hypertensive medicines, anti-tuberculosis medicines, anti-allergic medicine, anaesthetic like lidocaine, medicines for erectile dysfunction, medicines for mood and sleeping disorders, antidiabetic medicine like Insulin, etc....
Storage and disposal of Metzok 50 MG
- Store it below 25°C. Protect from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Metzok 50 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What will be the consequences if I stop Metzok 50 tablet on my own?
Q: What special precautions should I follow when on Metzok 50 tablet?
Q: What should be discussed with my healthcare provider before I start the medication of Metzok 50 tablet?
Q: I have asthma. Is it safe for me to take Metzok 50 tablet?
Q: Is Metzok 50 tablet a beta-blocker?
Q: Is Metzok 50 tablet a blood thinner?
- Metoprolol Tartrate Tablets BP 50mg - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 20 July 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 20 July 2021]
- Metoprolol Tartrate Tablets BP 50mg - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 20 July 2021]