Metzok 50mg Tablet
By USV PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Metzok 50 tablet is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension) and various other heart-related conditions such as angina (chest pain), heart failure, thus preventing further complications. It contains Metoprolol as an active ingredient. Metoprolol in Metzok 50 tablet lowers the raised blood pressure and has its action specific to the heart muscles. It acts by relaxing the blood vessels, thereby reducing the load on the heart and decreasing the blood pressure. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. Do not abruptly stop taking this medicine. Uncontrolled high blood pressure may further cause harm to the heath of an individual by increasing the risk of damage to various organs such as the eye, brain, heart, kidney, etc. Following a healthy diet and active lifestyle can aid in controlling the disease condition and blood pressure in an effective way along with this medicine.
Uses of Metzok 50mg Tablet
Metzok 50 tablet is used to treat high blood pressure mainly, along with certain heart conditions such as angina (chest pain) and heart failure.
Contraindications of Metzok 50mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to metoprolol or any other ingredient of Metzok 50 tablet.
- If you have diabetes associated with frequent low blood sugar levels (hypoglycemia).
- If you are suffering from low blood pressure (hypotension).
- If you have any heart condition such as heart block, uncontrolled heart failure.
- If you have any pre-existing medical condition such as asthma, respiratory infection, liver or kidney disorders, etc.
- If you have an electrolyte imbalance, acid-base imbalance.
- If you are on medication like verapamil, diltiazem, disopyramide (heart medicine).
Side effects of Metzok 50mg Tablet
- Decreased heart rate
- Difficulty in breathing
- A sudden drop in blood pressure when you stand from a seated or lying down position (orthostatic hypotension).
- Abdominal pain
Precautions and Warnings of Metzok 50mg Tablet
Can I take Metzok 50 tablet during pregnancy?
The use of Metzok 50 tablet is not recommended during pregnancy unless it is prescribed by your doctor. Inform your doctor about the pregnancy and also if you think you may be pregnant.
Can I take Metzok 50 tablet while breastfeeding?
The component of this medicine passes into the breastmilk and may cause harm to the breastfeeding infant. You should not take this medicine unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Metzok 50 tablet?
Metzok 50 tablet can make you feel dizzy or sleepy. So, be cautious while driving after taking this medicine
Can I consume alcohol with Metzok 50 tablet?
Alcohol might increase sleepiness or cause a drop in your blood pressure. Therefore, avoid drinking alcohol while taking the Metzok 50 tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience or have a history of an allergic reaction after taking Metzok 50 tablet.
- You have any pre-existing medical conditions such as diabetes, heart condition, liver or kidney disease, psoriasis.
- You have respiratory conditions like asthma, obstructive lungs disease (COPD).
- Metzok 50 tablet should not be used in children below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Metzok 50mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Metzok 50 tablet works by relaxing the blood vessels, thus slowing down the heart rate. By doing this, it reduces the workload on the heart of pumping the blood effectively.
Directions for Use of Metzok 50mg Tablet
Metzok 50 tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Metzok 50mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of this medicine if taken at the same time.
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are currently consuming, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for any disorder.Read less
- In particular, if you are taking any pain killers, other anti-hypertensive medicines, anti-tuberculosis medicines, anti-allergic medicine, anaesthetic like lidocaine, medicines for erectile dysfunction, medicines for mood and sleeping disorders, antidiabetic medicine like Insulin, etc.Read less
Storage and disposal of Metzok 50mg Tablet
- Store it below 25°C. Protect from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Metzok 50mg Tablet
Excess of Metzok 50 tablet may cause decreased heart rate, low blood pressure, nausea, vomiting, heart failure, decreases blood sugar and oxygen levels, altered electrolyte levels and coma. If you have taken too much of this medicine then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking a dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. However, if you are close to the next dose, do not take the missed dose. Try to follow the Metzok 50 tablet dosage regimen regularly. Do not take extra doses of the medicine to make up for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What will be the consequences if I stop Metzok 50 tablet on my own?
A: If you stop taking the Metzok 50 tablet suddenly, you can suffer from chest pain, irregular heartbeat or heart attack. Your doctor might tell you to decrease the dose gradually. Don’t suddenly stop taking metoprolol, a beta-blocker medicine without talking to your doctor.
Q: What special precautions should I follow when on Metzok 50 tablet?
A: If you experience any symptoms of dizziness, syncope, vision problems, sexual dysfunction, slowing of heart rate, etc., then immediately report to your doctor. The doctor will then adjust your dose depending on your blood pressure, heart rate, level of the medicine in your serum and other such relevant factors.
Q: What should be discussed with my healthcare provider before I start the medication of Metzok 50 tablet?
A: You should give an account of your past or present diseases like liver, kidney or heart-related disorders, diabetes mellitus and thyroid disorders if any. You must inform your doctor about your ongoing prescription and non-prescription medicines, nutritional supplements, vitamins, herbal medicines, etc. Women should share information about pregnancy, use of oral birth control pills and other vital information like history of pregnancy-induced high blood pressure if any.
Q: I have asthma. Is it safe for me to take Metzok 50 tablet?
A: Some conditions like asthma might affect the use of Metzok 50 tablet. Inform your doctor in detail about all the medical condition and medicine, before taking the Metzok 50 tablet.
Q: Is Metzok 50 tablet a beta-blocker?
A: Yes, Metzok 50 tablet is a selective beta-blocker, which is specific to the heart muscles.
Q: Is Metzok 50 tablet a blood thinner?
A: No, Metzok 50 tablet is not a blood thinner medicine. This medicine acts by relaxing the blood vessels, which eases the blood flow and decreases the load on the heart as well as improves oxygen supply. Thus, reduces the risk of heart-related conditions and pain such as chest pain in angina.
- Metoprolol Tartrate Tablets BP 50mg - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 20 July 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 20 July 2021]
- Metoprolol Tartrate Tablets BP 50mg - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 20 July 2021]
Last Updated on: 26 Jul 2021 | 07:16 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved