Metoz 2.5mg Tablet
Metoz 2.5 MG Description
Metoz Tablet contains Metolazone as the active medicine which is a water pill i.e. it helps in removing excess water from your body through frequent urination and helps in reducing blood pressure and
swelling which is caused by water retention. It is thus helpful in preventing heart diseases by controlling your blood pressure. Take this medicine in a dose and duration prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
|You Save||₹23.33 (15% on MRP)|
Uses of Metoz 2.5 MG
Contraindications of Metoz 2.5 MG
- If you are allergic to Metolazone or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are having difficulty in Urination (anuria).
- Severe disorder of liver leading to loss of consciousness (Hepatic coma, Precoma).
Side effects of Metoz 2.5 MG
- Dizziness on standing up suddenly from a lying position
- Drop in Blood Pressure
- Feeling sick
- Muscle weakness, cramps
- Joint pain
- Rashes and Urticaria
Precautions and Warnings of Metoz 2.5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are suffering from a severe liver disorder.
- If you are diabetic, then this medicine can increase your blood sugar levels. Regular monitoring of blood sugar level may be needed.
- You feel very weak or dizzy, muscle pain or cramps.
- Monitor your blood pressure regularly.
- You have pain in joints, inform your doctor and get uric acid levels checked.
- Your doctor may advise you to test electrolyte (sodium, potassium, magnesium, calcium) levels.
- You have difficulty in passing urine.
- Tell your doctor about any other medicines or herbal preparations that you have been taking.
Mode of Action of Metoz 2.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Metoz 2.5 MG
- Take Metoz Tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water.
- This medicine can be taken after meals or as directed by your doctor.
- Take this medicine preferably during morning hours to avoid sleep disturbance due to frequent urination at night.
Interactions of Metoz 2.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Metoz Tablet with Lithium (medicine for some mental conditions) should be avoided, as it can cause Lithium toxicity.
- Concomitant use with other blood pressure medicines should be avoided unless needed; as it can lead to excessive lowering of blood pressure.