Metacortil Lite Cream 15gm
Metacortil Lite Cream 15gm Description
Metacortil Lite Cream 15gm is a combination medicine used in the treatment and prevention of moderate-to-severe melasma (dark and discoloured patches on the skin) to lighten the skin tone or appearan
e and senile lentigines (dark spots or age spots in older people due to exposure to the sun). It contains a combination of three medicines - mometasone, tretinoin and hydroquinone. Do not use it for a prolonged duration unless prescribed by your dermatologist, as it contains a steroid. Avoid sun exposure immediately after applying for this medicine. Use this medicine exactly as instructed by the doctor.
|You Save||₹30.60 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Hydroquinone(2.0 %) + Mometasone(0.1 %) + Tretinoin(0.025 %)|
|Side effects||Itching, redness, burning, irritation, thinning of the skin|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR MELASMA|
Uses of Metacortil Lite Cream 15gm
Contraindications of Metacortil Lite Cream 15gm
- If you are allergic to mometasone, tretinoin and hydroquinone or any other ingredients of Metacortil Lite Cream 15gm.
- If you have skin conditions such as eczema (infected skin due to allergy), rosacea (small red pustules on face), rashes around the mouth (perioral dermatitis) or damaged skin anywhere in the body.
- If you have a viral or fungal infection of the skin, any ulcers on the skin or tuberculosis.
- If you need exposure to the sun for prolonged periods (using sunscreen lotion is advisable).
- If you have a skin tumor or a family history of skin tumor.
Side effects of Metacortil Lite Cream 15gm
- Itching, redness, burning, irritation, thinning of the skin
- Skin sensitivity at the site of application
Precautions and Warnings of Metacortil Lite Cream 15gm
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of allergic reactions after the application of topical creams.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You think rashes or infections have developed on the skin after using this medicine.
- A prolonged application may lead to side effects such as Cushing's syndrome (weight gain, fatty deposits under the skin, moon face, purple patches on the skin.), increased sugar levels in the blood and urine....
- Avoid exposure to sun rays as it may be harmful after applying this cream.
Mode of Action of Metacortil Lite Cream 15gm
How Does It Work?
- Metacortil Lite Cream 15gm contains a combination of Mometasone, Tretinoin and Hydroquinone as active ingredients and works by the combined action of these three components.
- Hydroquinone inhibits an enzyme known as tyrosinase, which is responsible for the production of a pigment called melanin. Melanin is responsible for skin pigmentation and melasma.
- Tretinoin is a metabolite of Vitamin A and is keratolytic. It is responsible for the elimination of melanin that has been formed. It also has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Mometasone is a corticosteroid, and it works by blocking the production of inflammatory chemicals like prostaglandins and leukotrienes. Mometasone narrows and constricts blood vessels, which are dilated (widened) and leaky and allowing other inflammatory cells into the skin to promote the inflammatory response....
Directions for Use of Metacortil Lite Cream 15gm
- Use this medicine as directed by your doctor.
- Apply it on a healthy skin surface. Avoid applying on cuts and wounds.
- Wash your hands before and after using this medicine unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- If your eyes come in contact with this cream, then rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Metacortil Lite Cream 15gm
Interactions with other medicines
- There is limited information available on the interaction of this medicine with other medicines. However, as it contains a combination of Mometasone, Tretinoin and Hydroquinone, any interactions may be seen with these three components, when taken alone may occur with this combination....
- Since this medicine is to be used externally on the skin, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions....
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid interaction with Metacortil Lite Cream 15gm.
Storage and disposal of Metacortil Lite Cream 15gm
- Store this medicine in the original container in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- Do not freeze.
Dosage of Metacortil Lite Cream 15gm
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How should I use Metacortil Lite Cream 15gm?
- Apply it gently as a thin film and rub or massage it thoroughly after applying until the cream absorbs into the skin.
- Exposure to the sun should be avoided, and use a broad-spectrum sunscreen to prevent the sun's radiation from reaching your skin.
- Do not use this cream more than as advised by the doctor. This cream should not be used for a prolonged duration to avoid side effects such as skin thinning, irritation.
Q: What are the precautions to be taken while applying Metacortil Lite Cream 15gm?
- Do not apply anywhere near the eyes, nose, mouth or any infected or exposed surfaces.
- Do not occlude (applying a polythene film) after applying this cream or use it under bandages.
- Limit sun exposure and use a broad-spectrum sunscreen while going out in the sun to avoid damage to the skin by radiations.
- You should cover the areas of skin where this medicine is applied when outdoors.
Q: What is melasma?
Q: What are the causes of melasma?
Q: Can I use this medicine for acne and pimples?
Q: How does Metacortil Lite Cream 15gm work?
Q: Is this medicine good for the face?
- Yes, it is good for the skin of the face, which is the usual area affected by melasma.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 27 April 2021]
- Drugs H. Tretinoin Topical: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 27 April 2021]
- Mometasone-based triple combination therapy in melasma: is it really safe. [Internet]. [cited 27 April 2021]
- Drugs H. Mometasone Topical: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 27 April 2021]
- Hydroquinone Topical: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 27 April 2021]