Melzap Md 0.5mg Tablet
Melzap Md 0.5 MG Description
Melzap Md tablet is s prescription medication used to treat various mood disorders. Melzap Md tablets are used for anxiety disorder, panic disorder, and depression. All types of mood disorders affect
the way a person feels and behaves. There is no definite reason behind them. Sometimes common emotional reactions like worry, anger, etc., can trigger them. The medication can also reduce the frequency of epilepsy (seizures/fits). Melzap Md tablets have clonazepam as the main component. The mode of action of Me,lzap Md tablets is by decreasing the excess action of exciting nerve cells in the brain. It acts by balancing certain chemical messengers and generating sensations of calm and well-being. The dosage of Melzap Md tablets should be carefully checked as it may lead to physical dependence (symptoms return when the medicine is stopped). These tablets can also generate sudden changes in behavior and mood. It increases suicidal thoughts and tendencies. Somnolence, fatigue, dizziness, etc., are a few of the expected side effects of Melzap Md tablets. Suddenly discontinuing Melzap Md tablets can result in withdrawal symptoms like involuntary shaking, sweating, sickness, muscle ache, etc.
|You Save||₹8.68 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Anxiety disorder, seizure disorder, comorbid depression, panic disorder|
|Side effects||Dizziness, fatigue, memory problems, confusion, depression, blurred vision, muscle pain, difficulty speaking, increased salivation, suicidal thoughts Dizziness, fatigue, memory problems, confusion, depression, blurred vision, muscle pain, difficulty speaking, increased salivation, suicidal thoughts|
Uses of Melzap Md 0.5 MG
- As per CDSCO and USFDA, Melzap Md tablets are used in treating symptoms associated with the treatment and management of many psychological conditions such as
- Major depressive disorder (MDD)
- Anxiety disorder, and Panic disorders (both are types of mood disorders)
- Comorbid depression (depression associated with other chronic disorders)
- Epileptic conditions such as myoclonic and akinetic seizures
- Absent seizure (when all other medicines have failed)
Contraindications of Melzap Md 0.5 MG
- If you have a known hypersensitive reaction to any component of Melzap Md medicine,
- If you are seeing sudden mood changes and self-harming or suicidal thoughts,
- If you have a previous history of drug or alcohol abuse/addiction
- If you have any respiratory diseases or lung conditions such as asthma or chronic pulmonary lung disease (COPD)
- If you have severe liver disease
- If you are diagnosed with Porphyria, a red blood cell-related disorder
- If you have an eye disorder such as narrow-angle glaucoma, this medicine will increase the fluid pressure inside the eye
Side effects of Melzap Md 0.5 MG
- Memory impairment
- Double vision
- Difficulty talking
- Excess salivation
- Suicidal thoughts
- Trouble breathing
Precautions and Warnings of Melzap Md 0.5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You need to do anything that requires steady focus; this medicine can cause difficulties with concentration
- You are an older patient over 65 years of age. Melzap Md tablets can cause exaggerated side effects due to slow metabolism
- You've withdrawal signs such as sweating, stuffy nose, vomiting, nausea, etc. The dose of the Melzap Md tablet needs to be slowly tapered
- You have surgery or a dental procedure planned
- You notice any adverse effects that are persistent or get worsen in time
- You are obese. The dose needs to be monitored
- You have a kidney condition
Mode of Action of Melzap Md 0.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Melzap Md 0.5 MG
- Take the Melzap Md tablet as advised by your doctor in the prescribed dosage
- Do not take more tablets or increase the dosage, even if you cannot notice their effects
- You can take Melzap Md medicine with or without having food
- Try to swallow the whole tablet with a glass of water without breaking or chewing it
- Tell your doctor if you want to take other medications with the Melzap Md tablet
- If the package of this tablet is already opened, do not take it.
Interactions of Melzap Md 0.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Notify your doctor if you use sedatives or antidepressant pills such as MAO inhibitors before taking Melzap Md medicine. The reactions between these medicines can cause serious unwanted effects. So a gap of a minimum of 14 days should be maintained if you want to use any of them...
- If you are using the Melzap Md tablet, inform your doctor if you are in pain or have a fever. But do not self-medicate on opioid or narcotic pain relievers (such as codeine, oxycodone, fentanyl, tramadol, etc.), anti-allergy medicine, cold or cough medicine with this tablet as it can cause extreme drowsiness...
- The dose of Melzap Md tablets may need some adjustments with antibiotics, antifungals, HIV medicine, etc. As these medications can alter the effectiveness of Melzap Md tablet
- Melzap Md tablet has a lot of interactions with other medications, so notify your doctor about your entire medical history. Be cautious while taking other medicines with Melzap Md tablets.
Interactions with food items
- It is always better to avoid coffee, energy drinks, and cola. Also, try to avoid eating lots of chocolate. All these products have high amounts of caffeine. It is a central nervous system stimulant and will lower the calming effects of the Melzap Md tablet...
- Do not consume a lot of grapefruit juice if you use Melzap Md tablets as it will increase the levels of Melzap Md medication in the blood
Storage and disposal of Melzap Md 0.5 MG
Dosage of Melzap Md 0.5 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Vijay Y
MBBS, MD in Clinical Pharmacology
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does using Melzap Md tablet every day cause physical or psychological dependency?
Q: How long would it take for me to see any changes after using the Melzap Md tablet?
Q: Can I use these Melzap Md tablets if I have obstructive sleeping disorders like sleep apnea?
- Morishita S. Clonazepam as a therapeutic adjunct to improve the management of depression: A brief review [Internet]. Human psychopharmacology. U.S. National Library of Medicine; [cited 20 Mar 2022]. Available from:
- KLONOPIN TABLETS (clonazepam). Accessdata.fda.gov. [cited 20 Mar 2022]. Available from:
- CZicamam: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. MedlinePlus. U.S. National Library of Medicine; [cited 20 Mar 2022]. Available from
- The efficacy and safety of Zicam in patients with anxiety disorder taking newer antidepressants: A multicenter naturalistic study [Internet]. Clinical psychopharmacology and neuroscience: the official scientific journal of the Korean College of Neuropsychopharmacology. Korean College of Neuropsychopharmacology; 2016 [cited 20 Mar 2022]. Available from:
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 20 Mar 2022]. Available from: