Meltolan 15mg Tablets
By ALKEM LABORATORIES LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Meltolan Dt 15 MG Description
Meltolan 15mg Tab contains Olanzapine which is an antipsychotic.
|You Save||₹25.05 (15% on MRP)|
Check more medicines with composition as Olanzapine(15.0 Mg)
Uses of Meltolan Dt 15 MG
It is used in the treatment of schizophrenia.
Contraindications of Meltolan Dt 15 MG
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredients of this medicine
- If you have a history of increased pressure in the eyes (glaucoma)
Side effects of Meltolan Dt 15 MG
- Weight gain
- Excessive sleep
- Feeling dizzy when getting up from lying or sitting position
- Increased levels of prolactin in the blood
- Unusual movement of face or tongue
- Feeling of restlessness (akathisia)
- Increase in liver enzymes, increase in sugar in blood and urine
- Feeling of hungriness
- Dry mouth
- Swelling of hands, ankles, feet
- Joint pain
- Loss of strength
- Decreased libido in males and females
Precautions and Warnings of Meltolan Dt 15 MG
Can I take Meltolan 15mg Tab during pregnancy?
- It is not recommended to take this medicine if you are pregnant
- If a woman is taking this medicine in the last trimester of pregnancy, then the baby may have shivering, weakness, sleepiness, breathing and feeding difficulties
Can I take Meltolan 15mg Tab while breastfeeding?
Tell your doctor if you are breastfeeding as Olanzapine passes into breast milk and may harm your baby. It is advised not to breastfeed your child when you are taking this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Meltolan 15mg Tab?
This medicine is known to cause sleepiness and dizziness, hence driving or operating machines should be avoided while you are taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Meltolan 15mg Tab?
It is advised to avoid alcohol consumption along with this medicine as it may worsen the side effects like sleepiness or dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of fits
- You are an old aged person and have loss of memory
- You experience unusual movements of face or tongue
- You may experience weight gain, monitor your weight regularly, seek dietician's help
- You may experience high blood sugar level and high level of cholesterol and regular blood tests are needed to keep a check on these
- You have a family history of blood clots (This medicine is known to cause blood clots)
- You are suffering from stroke
- You have a blockage in your intestine
- You are suffering from the prostate problem (frequent urination, burning sensation during urination, etc.)
- You are suffering from blood disorders, heart disease, diabetes, Parkinson's disease, liver or kidney disease
Mode of Action of Meltolan Dt 15 MG
How Does It Work?
Olanzapine helps in restoring the chemical balance of various chemical substances in the brain which may cause mental illness.
Directions for Use of Meltolan Dt 15 MG
Swallow the whole tablet with water or as prescribed by your physician.
Interactions of Meltolan Dt 15 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat anxiety or make you sleep
- Medicine used to treat fungal infection like Ketoconazole
- Medicines used to treat Parkinson’s disease
- Medicines used to treat fits like Carbamazepine
- Medicines used to treat depression (antidepressant) like Fluvoxamine
- Medicines used to treat infections (antibiotic) like Ciprofloxacin
Interactions with food items
Olanzapine may be taken with or without food.
Storage and disposal of Meltolan Dt 15 MG
- Store at room temperature (below 30°C)
- Keep out of reach of children and protect it from light and moisture
Dosage of Meltolan Dt 15 MG
- Symptoms of overdose include rapid heartbeat, aggressiveness, unusual movements (of face or tongue), reduced level of consciousness, confusion, fits, sweating, drowsiness, muscle stiffness, slowing of breathing rate, high or low blood pressure, abnormal heart rhythm...
- Seek emergency medical attention if you happen to take more of this medicine
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Meltolan 15mg Tab a sleeping aid?
A: Meltolan 15mg Tab is typically used as a medicine for schizophrenia. It is not prescribed for insomnia.
Q: Does Meltolan 15mg Tab work straight away?
A: No, the medicine will not work immediately. You will generally feel its effects in a short while; however, it can take many weeks as well.
Q: Can I stop taking Olanzapine on my own?
A: No, do not stop this medicine on your own. If your doctor considers it necessary, then he/ she may decrease the dose of the medicine gradually before stopping it. If you stop it suddenly, then you may experience sweating, tremor, nausea, vomiting.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
CBD Oil for Pain: A Comprehensive Review on Its Effectiveness
Key Highlights: Introduction Lately, CBD oil has been in the limelight as a potential natural answer to various health concerns. These include many forms of pain relief. Extracted from the cannabis plant, CBD oil is praised for its possible healing effects without the mind-altering impacts often linked to marijuana. In this in-depth blog post, we
What Causes Queefing: Unraveling Myths and Understanding the Facts
Key Highlights: Introduction Think of queefing as just a release of gas from the vagina. It’s common and normal. It is experienced by many women. There’s no reason to feel embarrassed or worried about it. It’s not always a sign that something’s wrong. In this article, we’ll cover the topic thoroughly. We’ll talk about why
Why Do We Have Wisdom Teeth? Unraveling the Mystery with Science
Key Highlights: Introduction Wisdom teeth have long captivated researchers, dentists, and everyday people alike. Although these teeth often cause more harm than good, they continue to grow in most of us. In this article, we will explore the scientific reasons behind the existence of wisdom teeth, the evolution of human jaws and diets, potential issues
Benefits of Tongue Scraping: A Guide to Better Oral Health
Key Highlights: Introduction We can’t ignore the impact of oral health on our general well-being. We may be able to boost our oral health with simple practices like tongue scraping. Despite the routine brushing and mouth rinsing, cleaning the tongue often gets side-stepped. Let’s delve into why tongue scraping may be beneficial. We’ll discuss its
Benefits of Getting Off Birth Control: A Research-Based Overview
Key Highlights: Introduction The first pill to avoid having babies was formulated about in the early 20th century. Since then, birth control has become a common way to plan families. As of today, many options are available for family planning. People weigh the pros and cons of hormonal birth control as compared to these other
Mysterious Flu-like Illness Is Doing the Rounds in China: Here’s What You Should Know
Introduction Barely two years after the last great outbreak of COVID-19, China is once again in the news as reports of a respiratory illness that seems to be pneumonia are emerging from the country. Naturally, people are eager for details and governments are monitoring the situation. Who is falling sick in China, why is the
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.