Melanocyl 10mg Tablet 40'S
Melanocyl 10 MG Description
Melanocyl Tablet contains Methoxsalen as the active medicine which is a naturally occurring compound, found in some plants. On activation from UV light, this medicine leads to repigmentation of skin
in patients with vitiligo (white spots), psoriasis(dry, scaly and flaky skin patches) and very fair skin tone (albinism).
Uses of Melanocyl 10 MG
- Re-pigmentation of skin patches in vitiligo and psoriasis along with UV light therapy.
Contraindications of Melanocyl 10 MG
- If you have a known allergy to methoxsalen or any other component of this tablet.
- If you suffer from liver disease.
- If you are sensitive to sunlight.
- If you suffer from porphyria, lupus erythematosus, or white patches due to any infection.
- If you are under 12 years of age.
- If you are taking any medicine that can cause photosensitivity (allergic reaction to sunlight).
Side effects of Melanocyl 10 MG
- Disturbed sleep
- Low mood
- Abdominal discomfort
Precautions and Warnings of Melanocyl 10 MG
Other General Warnings
- You suffer from liver disease.
- Your skin is sensitive to sunlight.
- You notice a change in your liver enzyme levels.
- You experience burning or blisters on the skin.
- You are taking this medicine for cosmetic purpose only.
Mode of Action of Melanocyl 10 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Melanocyl 10 MG
- Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor on a full stomach.
Interactions of Melanocyl 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines causing photosensitivity should not be given along with Melanocyl Tablet.
- Concomitant administration of abacavir, aceclofenac, acemetacin, acenocoumarol, acetaminophen, acetylsalicylic acid, acyclovir should be done with caution as the effective dose of medicine can be affected....
- Discuss with your doctor any other medicine, herbal preparation, and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible drug interactions.
Storage and disposal of Melanocyl 10 MG
- Store at 15-30 degree C in a dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.