Melanocyl 10mg Tablet 40's
By FRANCO INDIAN PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
40 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Melanocyl Tablet contains Methoxsalen as the active medicine which is a naturally occurring compound, found in some plants. On activation from UV light, this medicine leads to repigmentation of skin i
n patients with vitiligo (white spots), psoriasis(dry, scaly and flaky skin patches) and very fair skin tone (albinism)....
Uses of Melanocyl 10mg Tablet 40'S
- Re-pigmentation of skin patches in vitiligo and psoriasis along with UV light therapy.
Contraindications of Melanocyl 10mg Tablet 40'S
- If you have a known allergy to methoxsalen or any other component of this tablet.
- If you suffer from liver disease.
- If you are sensitive to sunlight.
- If you suffer from porphyria, lupus erythematosus, or white patches due to any infection.
- If you are under 12 years of age.
- If you are taking any medicine that can cause photosensitivity (allergic reaction to sunlight).
Side effects of Melanocyl 10mg Tablet 40'S
- Disturbed sleep
- Low mood
- Abdominal discomfort
Precautions and Warnings of Melanocyl 10mg Tablet 40'S
Can I take Melanocyl Tablet during pregnancy?
Limited information is available on the safe use of Melanocyl Tablet in pregnant women. It should not be consumed in pregnancy.
Can I take Melanocyl Tablet while breastfeeding?
Melanocyl Tablet should not be taken by breastfeeding mothers as their safety has not been established in nursing mothers.
Can I drive if I have consumed Melanocyl Tablet?
Do not drive if you feel low or uncomfortable.
Can I consume alcohol with Melanocyl Tablet?
Alcohol is not known to interact with this medicine. However, if you consume alcohol too often discuss it with your doctor.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You suffer from liver disease.
- Your skin is sensitive to sunlight.
- You notice a change in your liver enzyme levels.
- You experience burning or blisters on the skin.
- You are taking this medicine for cosmetic purpose only.
Mode of Action of Melanocyl 10mg Tablet 40'S
How Does It Work?
Melanocyl Tablet contains a naturally occurring substance Methoxsalen which is activated on UV light exposure. Methoxsalen acts on the level of your DNA and leads to repigmentation of skin patches in
people with vitiligo or psoriasis. It is also beneficial in producing a tan for people with very light skin colour(albinism)....
Directions for Use of Melanocyl 10mg Tablet 40'S
- Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor on a full stomach.
Interactions of Melanocyl 10mg Tablet 40'S
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines causing photosensitivity should not be given along with Melanocyl Tablet.
- Concomitant administration of abacavir, aceclofenac, acemetacin, acenocoumarol, acetaminophen, acetylsalicylic acid, acyclovir should be done with caution as the effective dose of medicine can be affected....Read more
- Discuss with your doctor any other medicine, herbal preparation, and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible drug interactions.
Storage and disposal of Melanocyl 10mg Tablet 40'S
- Store at 15-30 degree C in a dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Melanocyl 10mg Tablet 40'S
Consumption of more than the prescribed dose may lead to a burning sensation and blistering of the skin. If you have taken too much of this medicine then contact your doctor or reach out to the neares
t hospital immediately....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine then take it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose then skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How soon can I expect to see results from Melanocyl Tablet?
A: It takes few weeks for the effect to show up after starting treatment with Melanocyl Tablet, however, you may be advised to continue the therapy for 6-9 months to get effective results.
Q: What precautions should I take when on Melanocyl Tablet therapy?
A: Follow the precautions listed below when taking Melanocyl Tablet. Wear protective sunglasses when stepping out in sunlight or during irradiation with a UV lamp. Apply a good sunscreen when not taking UV radiation. Take Melanocyl Tablet on a full stomach to avoid nausea and abdominal discomfort. Do not take any other medicine without consulting your doctor. Get routine blood investigations as advised by your doctor.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 14 Apr 2021 | 10:06 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% Off + 20% cashback on 1st medicine order + Flat Rs.100 off on min spend of Rs 749 on select styles on Myntra.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved