Melalite Forte Cream 30gm
By ABBOTT HEALTHCARE PVT LTD
30g Cream in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
2 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Melalite Forte Cream 30gm contains Hydroquinone as its active ingredient. It is used to treat dark skin discolouration that is caused by the sun or facial marks due to pimples, dark patches or spots on the skin. Do not use this medicine to treat any other skin conditions than that prescribed by your doctor. It is meant only for external application and should be applied exactly as recommended by your doctor. You may experience some application site reactions as side effects while on treatment with this medicine, but they normally fade away with time. However, if you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens, you should contact your doctor immediately. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Melalite Forte Cream 30gm
Melalite Forte Cream 30gm is used to treat hyperpigmented skin conditions like freckles, melasma (dark and discoloured patches on the skin).
Contraindications of Melalite Forte Cream 30gm
If you are allergic to Hydroquinone or any other ingredients of Melalite Forte Cream 30gm.
Side effects of Melalite Forte Cream 30gm
Burning or stinging sensation, irritation, itching, redness at the area Melalite Forte Cream 30gm is applied.
Precautions and Warnings of Melalite Forte Cream 30gm
Can I use Melalite Forte Cream 30gm during pregnancy?
Melalite Forte Cream 30gm should only be used if prescribed by your doctor as there is limited safety information available. In case you have been prescribed this medicine, avoid using it in larger skin areas for a prolonged duration.
Can I use Melalite Forte Cream 30gm while breastfeeding?
Melalite Forte Cream 30gm should be used while breastfeeding only if prescribed by the doctor as there is limited safety information available. However, caution should be exercised while using this medicine and you should avoid using it on the breast or areas near the breast or any large area of the body for a prolonged duration.
Can I drive if I have applied Melalite Forte Cream 30gm?
Melalite Forte Cream 30gm is a topical preparation and may not affect the driving ability or ability to handle machinery.
Can I consume alcohol if I have applied Melalite Forte Cream 30gm?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol and Melalite Forte Cream 30gm, it is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of regular drinking.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop an allergic reaction or an infection after using Melalite Forte Cream 30gm. Immediately contact your doctor.
- You are applying for the medicine on a larger skin area, broken skin or under skin folds.
- You have any type of skin infection.
- You do not notice any improvement in your condition after applying Melalite Forte Cream 30gm for 7 days.
- You notice a blue-black darkening on your skin, immediately contact your doctor.
- You must avoid being in the sunlight for too long.
- You should avoid getting any medicine into your eyes, nose, mouth, open wounds, armpits, private parts. In case of such an exposure, you should wash the affected part thoroughly with water.
- Melalite Forte Cream 30gm should not be used to treat any other condition than that prescribed by the doctor.
- This medicine is not recommended for use in patients below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Melalite Forte Cream 30gm
How Does It Work?
Hydroquinone in Melalite Forte Cream 30gm works by inhibiting an enzyme known as tyrosinase which is responsible for the production of a pigment called melanin, which is responsible for skin pigmentation and melasma.
Directions for Use of Melalite Forte Cream 30gm
- Melalite Forte Cream 30gm is meant for external use only.
- Use it as directed by your doctor or pharmacist.
- Read the instructions on the label or leaflet before use.
- Clean and dry the application area.
- Wash your hands before and after using this medicine unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- Apply a thin layer of this medicine on a healthy skin surface free from cuts and wounds.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Melalite Forte Cream 30gm
Interactions with other medicines
Since Melalite Forte Cream 30gm is to be used externally on the skin it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, you should always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions.
Storage and disposal of Melalite Forte Cream 30gm
- Store Melalite Forte Cream 30gm in the original container in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
Dosage of Melalite Forte Cream 30gm
As Melalite Forte Cream 30gm is meant for external application, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, excessive use of this medicine may cause a slight burning sensation and redness of the skin. Upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you have overapplied it, wipe out the excess medicine with tissue or cotton.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed applying Melalite Forte Cream 30gm, apply it as soon as possible. Do not overapply this medicine just to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Melalite Forte Cream 30gm?
A: Melalite Forte Cream 30gm is used to treat hyperpigmentation (patches of your skin appear darker than normal) such as melasma, freckles, senile lentigines or any dark skin discolouration which is caused by the sunlight, age, hormonal changes, etc.
Q: How to use Melalite Forte Cream 30gm?
- You should use Melalite Forte Cream 30gm as instructed by the doctor. Read the instructions on the label or leaflet before use. Wash your hands before and after using this medicine unless your hands are the area to be treated. Clean the affected area and apply a small amount of medicine.read less
Q: Can Melalite Forte Cream 30gm also be used in children?
A: No, Melalite Forte Cream 30gm is not recommended for use in children and adolescents as there is limited safety data available.
Q: What should I do if my eyes come in contact with Melalite Forte Cream 30gm?
A: If you get any medicine in your eyes, rinse with water thoroughly, keep your eyes open when you rinse. And contact your doctor.
Last Updated on: 17 Mar 2021 | 05:53 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved