Megapen Strip Of 10 Capsules
By ARISTO PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Megapen 500mg Capsule contains Ampicillin and Cloxacillin as their active ingredients. It is an antibiotic further classified into the 'Penicillin' class of antibiotics. Megapen 500mg Capsule is used
to treat bacterial infection of lungs, throat, airways, skin, soft tissues, bone, ear, nose, wounds after surgery caused due to organisms. The medicine inhibits the growth and kills the infection-causing bacteria....
Uses of Megapen Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Megapen 500mg Capsules is used to treat bacterial infections of lungs, throat, airways, skin and soft tissue, bone, ear, nose, blood and other bacterial infections.
- It is used to treat infection of wounds and lungs after surgery.
Contraindications of Megapen Strip Of 10 Capsules
- If you are allergic to Ampicillin, Cloxacillin or other ingredients of Megapen 500mg Capsule.
- If you are allergic to antibiotics like Cefixime, Cefpodoxime, Amoxicillin.
- Megapen 500mg Capsule must never be used for eye infections and eye contact must be avoided.
Side effects of Megapen Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Skin allergies with itching, rashes, red bumps and blister
Precautions and Warnings of Megapen Strip Of 10 Capsules
Can I take Megapen 500mg Capsule during pregnancy?
The effect of Megapen 500mg Capsule in pregnant women is not known. It must be used if prescribed by the doctor after considering it to be essential and safe. Inform the doctor about pregnancy or think you may be pregnant.
Can I take Megapen 500mg Capsule while breastfeeding?
Megapen 500mg Capsule passes into breastmilk and causes side effects like diarrhoea and fungal infection of mouth in a breastfed baby. Avoid breastfeeding when you are taking the medicine.
Can I drive after consuming Megapen 500mg Capsule?
Megapen 500mg Capsule does not affect the ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol while taking Megapen 500mg Capsule?
Consuming alcohol causes symptoms related to the stomach like nausea and vomiting. Avoid drinking.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have an allergy to Penicillins.
- You suffer from allergic reactions and skin rashes after taking the medicine.
- You suffer from watery diarrhoea or severe stomach pain, immediately stop the medicine and consult the doctor.
- You develop infections while taking the medicine.
- You have kidney problems.
- You must not give the medicine to newborn babies suffering from jaundice.
- It is advised to complete the course and not skip a dose even if you feel better.
Mode of Action of Megapen Strip Of 10 Capsules
How Does It Work?
Megapen 500mg Capsule inhibits the formation of the outer membrane of bacteria and kills the bacteria responsible for the infection.
Directions for Use of Megapen Strip Of 10 Capsules
Megapen 500mg Capsule must be taken as a whole with a glass of water at a fixed time to gain optimal benefit. It must not be broken, crushed or chewed.
Interactions of Megapen Strip Of 10 Capsules
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affect the way Megapen-500 mg capsule or Megapen-500 mg capsule itself reduces the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the physician about the medicines, supplements or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- You suffer from skin allergies if you are taking medications like Allopurinol along with the medicine.
- Antibiotics like Chloramphenicol, Azithromycin, Sulphonamides, Doxycycline interfere with the way the medicine works.
- The medicine affects how oral contraceptive medication works. Thus, it is advised to use physical contraceptive measures like condoms.
- Other medicines like Probenecid, Sulfasalazine and Aspirin.
Storage and disposal of Megapen Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Store at a dry place at or below 25°C.
- Keep it away from children.
Dosage of Megapen Strip Of 10 Capsules
An overdose of Megapen 500mg Capsule may cause nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea. If you think you have taken too much of the medicine than prescribed, inform the doctor or reach out to the nearest hospi
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking a dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with a regular dose schedule. Avoid taking a double dose of the med
icine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long do I need to continue taking Megapen 500mg Capsule?
A: You are supposed to complete the prescribed dosage given by the physician. If you skip the dose or do not complete the course, it may cause resistance and decrease the effectiveness of treatment.
Q: Megapen 500mg Capsule is safe for cold and flu as well?
A: No, the medicine is not for treating cold and flu. This is specific for bacterial infections, while cold and flu are caused by viruses. Taking the medicine in such conditions may lead to antibiotic resistance.
Q: Megapen 500mg Capsule causes diarrhoea on use?
A: Yes, the use of Megapen 500mg Capsule causes diarrhoea along with the desired effect. Not everyone gets them. It is an antibiotic that kills good and bad bacteria when good bacteria present in the intestine gets killed it causes diarrhoea. If you suffer from severe diarrhoea, talk to the doctor about it.
Q: Is it important to take Megapen 500mg Capsule with food?
A: Megapen 500mg Capsule must be taken with food to avoid stomach upset. It enhances the absorption of the medicine. Consuming the medicine on empty stomach results in stomach upset.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 23 Jul 2021 | 04:50 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
KBC Ghar Baithe Jeeto Jackpot! Win Rs.1,00,000.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved