Medrol 8mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Medrol 8 MG Description
Medrol 8 mg tablet is used to treat various allergic conditions, relieve pain and inflammation of various body parts. It contains methylprednisolone which belongs to a class of medications called ste
roids. Methylprednisolone acts by inhibiting the release of various chemical substances responsible for allergic and inflammatory conditions. Medrol 8 mg tablet should be used cautiously by children below 18 years of age, as long term use may result in growth retardation. You should take this medicine as advised by your doctor, do not stop the medicine abruptly as it may result in withdrawal effects. Side effects of this medicine are mood swings, infections, weakness, weight gain. Mostly the side effects get resolved on their own over a short duration, however, if your condition deteriorates visit the nearest doctor or clinic.
|You Save||₹11.70 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Methylprednisone / Methylprednisolone(8.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Allergic condition, Pain, Inflammation|
|Side effects||Infection, weight gain, muscle weakness, increased blood pressure|
Uses of Medrol 8 MG
Contraindications of Medrol 8 MG
- If you are allergic to Methylprednisolone or any other ingredients of Medrol 8 mg tablet.
- If you have a fungal infection or any other systemic infection.
- If you have administered a live or attenuated vaccine recently.
Side effects of Medrol 8 MG
- Facial puffiness
- Weight gain
- Fluid retention
- Altered mood
- Ulcer of stomach
- Muscle weakness
Precautions and Warnings of Medrol 8 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience any skin allergies and a rise in blood sugar levels or you are diabetic.
- You experience mood disturbances, fits and other psychiatric problems including suicidal thoughts.
- You experience visual disturbances and eye infections. Upon long term use, there is a probability that you may develop a cataract.
- You are elderly, you have a heart problem, high blood pressure and cholesterol, blood clotting problems, liver and kidney diseases.
- It can impair the fertility of an individual, be cautious.
- You have a history of muscle weakness due to steroid therapy or have a condition called myasthenia gravis.
- Medrol 8 mg tablet makes you more prone to infections, in case you already have an infection like fungal infection or you have measles or chickenpox or you are taking medicines to suppress immune responses discuss your condition with the doctor. ...
- Medrol 8 mg tablet may cause inflammation and swelling in different parts of your gut like stomach, pancreas and can also cause ulcers.
- Children and adolescents receiving steroids should be observed for growth abnormalities as steroids can retard the growth.
Mode of Action of Medrol 8 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Medrol 8 MG
- Take Medrol 8 mg tablet as instructed by your doctor as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
Interactions of Medrol 8 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- You should not take any live vaccine while taking this medicine as it can reduce the effectiveness of the vaccine.
- Antacids and antibiotics rifamycin and erythromycin can reduce the effect of this medicine.
- You may require a higher dose of this medicine if you are taking medicines to treat fits like phenobarbital, phenytoin.
- If you are taking antifungal medicines like amphotericin and ketoconazole, oral contraceptive medicines like ethinyl estradiol and norethindrone, antibiotics like troleandomycin and erythromycin, immunosuppressants like ciclosporin, methotrexate you are more likely to experience the side effects of either of the medicine. ...
- There is an increased risk of stomach bleeding if you are taking painkillers or aspirin along with this medicine.
- You should be cautious if you are taking any anti-diabetic medicine like insulin, medicines to stop blood clotting, a water pill and thyroid medicine such as carbimazole and thiamazole, medicines for heart failure like digoxin....
- Somatropin a growth hormone if taken along with this medicine can inhibit its growth in an individual.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Medrol 8 MG
- Keep this medication away from children and pets.
- Store this medicine at room temperature not exceeding 25°C.
- Do not use this medicine post its expiration date.
- Follow medical waste management protocol at the time of disposal of this medicine.
- This medication does not require any special storage conditions.
Dosage of Medrol 8 MG
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed any dose of this medicine take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I inform my healthcare provider before starting Medrol 8 tablet?
Q: Should I worry about vaccinations while taking Medrol 8 tablet?
Q: Why is Medrol 8 tablet unsafe during breastfeeding?
Q: Is Medrol 8 tablet a steroid?
- Medrone 4 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 23 Aug 2021]
- CDSCO - Methylprednisolone [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 23 Aug 2021]
- LactMed - Methylprednisolone [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 23 Aug 2021]
- Medrone 4 mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 23 Aug 2021]