Magnamycin 500mg Injection
By PFIZER LTD
1 Injection(s) in Injection
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Magnamycin 500 MG Description
Magnamycin Injection is an antibiotic medicine containing cefoperazone as the active ingredient. It is used to treat severe bacterial infections of the lungs, airways, urinary tract, skin, soft tissu
es, joints and bones. This medicine acts by inhibiting the formation of the cell wall and killing the various susceptible bacterial organisms. Magnamycin Injection will be given to you by a doctor or nurse at the hospital setting or a clinic. Inform your doctor about all the known medical conditions, medical and medication history as well as all the medicines you are taking, including herbal supplements.
|You Save||₹21.00 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Loose stools Nausea Vomiting Headache Fever|
Check more medicines with composition as Cefoperazone(500.0 Mg)
Uses of Magnamycin 500 MG
- Magnamycin Injection is used to treat severe bacterial infections such as respiratory tract infection, urinary tract infection, skin and soft tissue infection, joint and bone infection, uterus and ovaries....
Contraindications of Magnamycin 500 MG
If you are allergic to cefoperazone or any other antibiotics of the penicillin and cephalosporin class or any of the ingredients of Magnamycin Injection.
Side effects of Magnamycin 500 MG
- Loose stools
- Allergic reactions
Precautions and Warnings of Magnamycin 500 MG
Can I take Magnamycin Injection during pregnancy?
There is limited information available about the safety of Magnamycin Injection during pregnancy. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, your doctor will tell you about the use of this medicine after assessing the needs.
Can I take Magnamycin Injection while breastfeeding?
The components of Magnamycin Injection pass into the breastmilk. Inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding, he/she will advise if the medication should be used during lactation or not.
Can I drive if I have consumed Magnamycin Injection?
It is highly unlikely that Magnamycin Injection will affect your ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Magnamycin Injection?
It is strictly advised not to consume alcohol when you have taken Magnamycin Injection as it can cause reactions like flushing, sweating, headache or fast heartbeats. Do not consume alcohol for at least five days after the last dose of this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of severe allergic reactions to antibiotics.
- You have a disease related to the liver and kidney.
- You are taking blood-thinning medicines.
- You are suffering from diarrhoea when on treatment or even after discontinuing the treatment.
- You notice abnormal bleeding.
- You develop an allergic reaction after taking Magnamycin Injection.
Mode of Action of Magnamycin 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Magnamycin Injection acts by killing the bacteria responsible for infections.
Directions for Use of Magnamycin 500 MG
- Magnamycin Injection will be given to you in the hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection.
- Follow any instructions suggested by the doctor or nurse during the procedure or for aftercare.
Interactions of Magnamycin 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Magnamycin Injection works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Medicines or solutions containing ethanol can cause flushing, sweating, headache and increased heartbeats.
- If you are taking an antibiotic that belongs to the aminoglycoside class, it is advisable to monitor kidney functions regularly.
- Simultaneous use of anti-gout medicines like probenecid should be used with caution.
Storage and disposal of Magnamycin 500 MG
Store this medicine below 25°C. Protect it from light. Keep it out of the reach of children. Any unused portion should not be stored and should be discarded properly.
Dosage of Magnamycin 500 MG
- Your doctor or nurse will give Magnamycin Injection. Therefore, it is less likely that you shall receive more of this medicine. If you experience any symptoms right after taking the injection, seek medical help....
Missed a Dose
You will be monitored by your doctor or nurse on when the injection should be given to you. It is unlikely that the dose will be missed. However, if you think your doctor or nurse might have missed a dose, inform them....
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Magnamycin Injection?
A: Magnamycin Injection is used to treat severe infections caused by various bacterial organisms. It aids to treat infections of the lungs, airways, urinary tract, skin, soft tissues, joints and bones.
Q: What do you mean by the inappropriate use of antibiotics?
- Inappropriate use of antibiotics constitutes taking antibiotics when not needed, for wrong diseases, taking inappropriate dosage and not completing the course of antibiotic treatment as prescribed by the doctor....
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed