Maczi 200mg Syp
By ANIKEM LABORATORIES
15ml Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Maczi 200mg Syp is an antibiotic that contains azithromycin as its active ingredient. This medicine is designed for children's use only. It is used for the treatment of bacterial infections of various parts of the body like ears, throat, lungs, skin, soft tissues, urinary tract, etc. It works by killing the bacteria responsible for the infection. It is very important to complete the course of this antibiotic medicine as prescribed by the doctor. Do not skip a dose or consume it more than that recommended by the doctor. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own as it can lead to antibiotic resistance and recurrence of infection....
2 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Maczi 200mg Syp
Uses of Maczi 200mg Syp
- Maczi 200mg Syp is used for the treatment of bacterial infection in the ears, lungs, throat, tonsils, airways, nasal passage, skin and soft tissue.
- It is also used for the treatment of enteric fever and pneumonia or lung infection due to coming in contact with an infected person (CAP).
Contraindications of Maczi 200mg Syp
If your child has suffered any allergic reaction due to this medicine or any other antibiotic from the same class as azithromycin.
Side effects of Maczi 200mg Syp
Precautions and Warnings of Maczi 200mg Syp
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Your child has any kind of kidney disease or kidney failure.
- Your child experiences severe skin allergies such as Stevens-Johnson syndrome after taking this medicine, experience a side effect called encephalopathy, which makes you feel confused, unconscious, less alert and causes difficulty in movement and fits....
- Your child is suffering from a condition called haemolytic anaemia (a type of anaemia where the red blood cells are broken down faster than they are formed).
Mode of Action of Maczi 200mg Syp
How Does It Work?
This medicine works by inhibiting the growth and killing of bacteria responsible for causing infection.
Directions for Use of Maczi 200mg Syp
- Give it to your child as instructed by your doctor, it can be given with or without food.
- Shake it well before use. Use a measuring cup, spoon or dropper for the exact quantity.
- Do not give this medicine to your child directly from the bottle.
- Complete the course of the antibiotic medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Maczi 200mg Syp
Interactions with other medicines
- Antacids should be taken with a minimum gap of one hour with this medicine.
- Medicines used for migraine headaches such as ergotamine should not be used concomitantly.
- Tell your doctor about any other medicines, supplements or herbal preparations your child is currently taking to avoid any interactions. Because sometimes Maczi 200mg Syp may affect the way other medicines work and other medicines may affect how Maczi 200mg Syp works, if taken at the same time....
- Other medicines which should be used with caution are immunosuppressants like cyclosporin, medicines used during heart failure like digoxin, anti-gout medicines like colchicine, blood thinners such as warfarin, etc....
Storage and disposal of Maczi 200mg Syp
- It should be stored at room temperature, away from direct sunlight or heat.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
- Do not take this medicine after its expiry date which is mentioned on the medicine.
Dosage of Maczi 200mg Syp
Symptoms of an overdose may be diarrhoea, vomiting, feeling sick. Immediately inform your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
You Should never miss your dose of this antibiotic medicine and complete the entire course for effective treatment. If you have missed to give any dose of this medicine to your child, give it to them as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop giving Maczi 200mg Syp to my child if he/she feels better after few days?
A: No, it may decrease the effectiveness of treatment and will increase the resistance of bacteria. Always complete the course of antibiotic medicine and do not stop the treatment mid way even if your child is feeling better.
Q: Can I give Maczi 200mg Syp to my child for fever?
A: It is an antibiotic medicine and is not effective for controlling general fever. However, it is used in the treatment of enteric or typhoid fever due to a bacterial infection known as salmonella. Consult your doctor before giving any medicine to your child.
Q: Can I give Maczi 200mg Syp to my child for throat infection or cough?
A: A throat infection can be either due to bacterial or viral infection. Do not give this medicine to your child without consulting your doctor.