Macpod 50mg Suspension 30ml
Macpod 50 MG Description
Macpod Suspension is an antibiotic medicine used for the treatment of bacterial infection of lungs, airways, throat, ears, nose etc. Macpod Suspension contains cefpodoxime as its active ingredient. T
his medicine specially designed for use in children and should be used under adult’s supervision. It works by inhibiting the growth of infection causing bacteria. Before giving this medicine to your children inform your doctor if your child is allergic to antibiotics or has experienced any allergic reactions after taking antibiotics. Give this medicine as prescribed and for the prescribed duration to your child. Do not give this medicine to your child for viral infection such as cold and flu. Always complete the course of antibitoic medicine for your child, not completing the course of antibiotics or missing any dose of antibiotics can result in failure of therapy.
Uses of Macpod 50 MG
Contraindications of Macpod 50 MG
- If your child is allergic to cefpodoxime or any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- If your child has a history of severe allergic reactions to any other antibiotic like cephalosporins. If you are not sure about which are these medicines ask your doctor.
Side effects of Macpod 50 MG
- Skin rashes
Precautions and Warnings of Macpod 50 MG
Other General Warnings
- Your child ever had allergic reactions to penicillin, cephalosporins or similar medicines.
- Your child has a kidney problem.
- Your child has diarrhoea with or without stomach pain and fever even after stopping treatment with Macpod Suspension.
- Do not use this medicine for any other condition than that prescribed by the doctor.
- Do not stop the treatment with this medicine midway during your course even if your child starts feeling better. The course should be completed, otherwise, it can lead to resistance. Seek medical help if your child has persistent diarrhoea....
Mode of Action of Macpod 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Macpod 50 MG
- Macpod Suspension should be taken as directed by your doctor, read the label carefully before using.
- This medicine needs to be reconstituted before use in boiled and cooled water.
- Shake it well and make the volume up to the given mark on the bottle.
- A reconstituted solution should be used within the duration mentioned on the bottle.
Interactions of Macpod 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Macpod Suspension works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Macpod Suspension should be used with caution along with antacids or medicines to treat gout.
Storage and disposal of Macpod 50 MG
- Store Macpod Suspension at room temperature in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, heat and moisture.
- Keep the bottle tightly closed and away from the reach of children and pets.
- Discard any unused portion after the specific period of time as per the label.
Dosage of Macpod 50 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Macpod Suspension?
Q: How do you store Macpod Suspension?
- CDSCO - Cefpodoxime proxetil [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 1 June 2022]
- CEFOPROX Tablets/DT/Powder for Oral Suspension [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 1 June 2022]
- CEFPODOXIME PROXETIL [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 1 June 2022]
- Cefpodoxime - Drugs and Lactation Database (LactMed) [Internet]. Bethesda (MD): National Library of Medicine (US); 2006 [cited 1 June 2022]