Maclar 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By GLENMARK PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Maclar Tablet is used in various infections on the body like the skin, soft tissue, chest and stomach infections. It contains clarithromycin which is an antibiotic medicine. It acts by stopping the multiplication of bacteria. Do not take Maclar Tablet if you are having an allergy, abnormal heart rhythm, liver or kidney problems, low potassium or taking medicines for allergy. Do not use it in children below 12 years of age. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. Before using Maclar Tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history....
6 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Maclar 500mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Uses of Maclar 500 MG
- Maclar Tablet is used for the treatment of various infections in the body like infections of the throat, sinus, skin, soft tissue, chest (infection of lungs and windpipe).
- It is also used in the treatment of ulcers in the intestine caused by bacteria known as helicobacter pylori. It is also used for pneumonia as well as for skin infections.
Contraindications of Maclar 500 MG
- If you have any history of allergy to any of the contents of Maclar Tablet or other macrolide antibiotics.
- If you have any abnormality in the heart rhythm like ventricular arrhythmia or QT prolongation.
- If you have any member in the family having a history of abnormal heart rhythm or QT prolongation.
- If you have any liver and/or kidney problems.
- If you are taking medicines such as terfenadine, astemizole, cisapride or pimozide (as these medicine along with Maclar Tablet can produce abnormal heart rhythm).
- If you are taking other medicines which may produce abnormal heart rhythm.
- If you have low potassium levels in the blood.
- If you are taking medicines like ergotamine, dihydroergotamine (for migraine), colchicine (for gout), ticagrelor, ranolazine (for prevention of heart attack and stroke), lovastatin, simvastatin (cholesterol-lowering medicines)....
Side effects of Maclar 500 MG
- Stomach pain
- Skin rash
- Loss of Appetite
- Loss of taste
Precautions and Warnings of Maclar 500 MG
Can I take Maclar Tablet during pregnancy?
Always consult your doctor if you are pregnant or are planning to have a baby. After careful clinical examination and evaluating risk-benefit aspects by the doctor, Maclar Tablet will be prescribed if necessary. Avoid self-medication.
Can I take Maclar Tablet while breastfeeding?
There is limited data related to the safety of Maclar Tablet in breastfeeding mothers. Hence, it is not advisable to use this medicine before consulting your doctor if you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Maclar Tablet?
Maclar Tablet may cause dizziness, headache, tiredness or feel sick. Any of these side effects would reduce your ability to react, so do not drive or use machinery if you are taking this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Maclar Tablet?
The chances of dizziness increase if you take Maclar Tablet with alcohol. Even alcohol adds on the side effects related to the liver with concomitant use of this medicine. So, avoid using this medicine with alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have an allergy to lincomycin or clindamycin like antibiotics.
- You have abnormal liver or kidney functions.
- You have or had a history of any heart problems.
- Your blood magnesium level has previously been low.
- You have severe or prolonged diarrhoea (pseudomembranous colitis) during or after taking Maclar Tablet.
- You have used Maclar Tablet before on several occasions or for a long time.
- You have signs and symptoms of liver disease such as loss of appetite, jaundice, dark urine, itching or abdomen pain.
- You are using a combination of Maclar Tablet and benzodiazepines, such as alprazolam, triazolam and midazolam (medicines used in brain-related diseases).
- You take other medicines which affect your hearing function.
- In case of severe acute hypersensitivity reactions, such as anaphylaxis, Stevens-Johnson Syndrome and toxic epidermal necrolysis (skin peeling with increase chances of infection), your doctor may discontinue Maclar Tablet therapy immediately. ...
- It is not recommended to use Maclar Tablet in children below 12 years of age.
Mode of Action of Maclar 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Maclar Tablet is used to treat infections caused by bacteria. These bacteria also need growth and multiplication for their survival. Clarithromycin being antibiotic medicine halts their growth by blocking the protein synthesis process in them. Thus, their growth and multiplication get arrested and eventually it helps to treat the infectious conditions....
Directions for Use of Maclar 500 MG
- Take Maclar Tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water. Do not break or chew the medicine.
- Always take this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you.
- If you are taking it once a day, then always take this medicine at the same time like in the early morning before breakfast.
- Even after improvement of symptoms continue taking this medicine for the period your doctor has prescribed to control the symptoms and as a preventive measure.
Interactions of Maclar 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Maclar Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines such as terfenadine, astemizole, cisapride or pimozide. (as these medicines along with Maclar Tablet can produce abnormal heart rhythm).
- Concomitant use of Maclar Tablet with other medicines like Digoxin, Quinidine, disopyramide, Verapamil (used in heart problems) may cause abnormal heart rhythm.
- The use of Maclar Tablet with nateglinide, repaglinide or insulin (treatment of diabetes) can result in further lowering of blood glucose levels. Hence, if the combination is used then the blood sugar levels should be monitored. ...
- The effect of Carbamazepine, phenytoin, valproate (medicines to treat epilepsy or fits) and Theophylline (used in asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) increases when used together with this medicine....
- Concomitant used of Warfarin, Phenprocoumon (blood-thinning medicines) with Maclar Tablet may increase the chances of bleeding.
Storage and disposal of Maclar 500 MG
- Store Maclar Tablet below 30°C in the original packaging.
- Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after its expiry date.
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.
Dosage of Maclar 500 MG
Symptoms of an overdose of Maclar Tablet may increase the side effect of medicine. Taking too many tablets may cause abdominal discomfort and other problems. Contact your doctor immediately in case you take too much of the medicine....
Missed a Dose
It is advisable to complete the course of antibiotics. Do not miss any dose. If you have missed taking any dose of Maclar Tablet, then take it as early as you remember. If it is the time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Clarithromycin the same as Amoxicillin?
A: No, Amoxicillin and Clarithromycin are both antibiotics but both the medicines are of a different class. They act on different bacteria with different modes of actions.
Q: What is the use of Maclar Tablet?
A: Maclar Tablet is used for the treatment of various infections in the body like infections of the throat, sinus, skin, soft tissue, chest (infection of lungs and windpipe). It is also used in the treatment of intestinal ulcers caused by bacteria known as helicobacter pylori.
Q: Is Maclar Tablet an antibiotic?
A: Yes, Maclar Tablet is an antibiotic medicine used to treat various bacterial infections.
- Clarithromycin 500mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
- Clarithromycin 500mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
- Clarithromycin - CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
Country of Origin