Loxicard 2% Vial Of 50ml Injection
Loxicard 2 % Description
Loxicard Injection is used to produce a loss of sensation in a small part of the body or large area of the body such as arms, legs or abdomen before surgery to relieve pain during or after surgery. I
t contains lignocaine which is an anaesthetic medicine. It works by stopping the conduction of pain signals through nerves from the skin to the brain. Nausea or vomiting, dizziness, an abnormal sensation of the skin, slow heartbeats are some of the side effects of this injection. This medicine will be given to you in hospital or clinic by a doctor or nurse as an injection. You should avoid self-injecting. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history, before starting this medicine.
|Contains||Lidocaine / Lignocaine(2.0 %)|
|Side effects||Injection site reactions|
Uses of Loxicard 2 %
Contraindications of Loxicard 2 %
Side effects of Loxicard 2 %
- Injection site reactions
- Nausea or vomiting
- An abnormal sensation of the skin
- Slow heartbeats
- Low or high blood pressure
Precautions and Warnings of Loxicard 2 %
Other General Warnings
- You have joint pain or joint stiffness.
- You have slow heartbeats or heart disease.
- You have high blood pressure.
- You have a feeling of restlessness, anxiety, sleepiness, dizziness, lightheadedness after taking this injection.
- You have liver diseases, severe kidney diseases or heart diseases.
- You have brain disorders or spinal deformity.
- You have epilepsy, a brain disorder characterised by repeated seizures.
Mode of Action of Loxicard 2 %
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Loxicard 2 %
- Loxicard Injection will be given by a doctor or nurse in a hospital/clinic.
- Do not self-inject, follow any aftercare instructions given by the doctor/nurse.
Interactions of Loxicard 2 %
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Loxicard Injection works or this injection itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, medicines used in rain disorders, antifungal medicines and antibiotics, etc.
Storage and disposal of Loxicard 2 %
- Store it at 15°C to 30°C temperature in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Loxicard 2 %
- Loxicard Injection will be given by a doctor or nurse, thus chances of an overdose are unlikely. However, if you experience any discomfort or specific symptoms, inform your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital....
- Symptoms of an overdose may include an abnormal sensation around the mouth, a loss of sensation on the tongue, lightheadedness, ringing sensation in the ears, decreased tolerance to everyday sounds, vision problem, tremors, seizures, difficulty in breathing, low blood pressure, slow heartbeats, irregular heartbeats, etc....
Missed a Dose
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)