Losartas 25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Losartas 25 MG Description
Losartas Tablet is an antihypertensive medicine containing Losartan as its active ingredient. It belongs to the "Angiotensin Receptor Blocker (ARBs)" class of medicine. It is used to treat high blood
pressure and also helps to reduce other heart problems. While taking this medicine you should follow a healthy diet and should also exercise regularly. Losartas Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. Do not stop taking this medicine unless asked to do so by your doctor. The doctor may also suggest avoiding potassium supplements during the treatment because they may raise potassium levels in the bloodstream. So, it is necessary to keep a regular check on your blood pressure and the doctor may ask for a few kidney tests also during the treatment to check if the medicines are properly working. You should provide a complete medical history along with family history to your doctor before starting this medicine.
- Losakind 25mg TabletBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 26.62₹ 22.6326% CHEAPER₹ 2.26/Tablet
- Zilos 25mg TabletBy Fdc Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 19.25₹ 16.3646% CHEAPER₹ 1.64/Tablet
- Losanorm 25mg TabletBy Ipca Laboratories10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 36.15₹ 30.73₹ 3.07/Tablet
- Lorsave 25mg Tablet 15'sBy Eris Life Sciences Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 56.27₹ 47.83₹ 3.19/Tablet
- Sarpot 25mg TabletBy Mitoch Pharma Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 38.00₹ 32.30₹ 3.23/Tablet
- Angizaar 25mg TabletBy Micro Labs10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 39.00₹ 33.15₹ 3.32/Tablet
- Losar 25mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 75.85₹ 64.47₹ 4.3/Tablet
- Repace 25mg TabletBy Sun Pharma10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 45.00₹ 38.25₹ 3.83/Tablet
- Covance 25mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Sun Pharma10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 45.00₹ 38.25₹ 3.83/Tablet
- Tozaar 25mg TabletBy Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 42.00₹ 35.70₹ 3.57/Tablet
Uses of Losartas 25 MG
Contraindications of Losartas 25 MG
- If you are allergic to Losartan or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are pregnant.
- If you have severe liver or kidney disease.
Side effects of Losartas 25 MG
- Vertigo or giddiness
- Increased potassium in the blood
- Anaemia (low red blood cell count)
- Kidney problem
- A sudden drop in blood sugar level
- Increase in blood urea, serum creatinine and serum potassium (in patients with heart failure)
Precautions and Warnings of Losartas 25 MG
Other General Warnings
- You ever had angioedema (swelling of the face, lips, throat, tongue).
- You have vomiting or diarrhoea.
- Your blood vessels leading to your kidneys are narrow or had a kidney transplant.
- You are taking medicines like Diuretics.
- You have a liver problem.
- You are suffering from heart failure or any heart disease.
- Caution is required if you are diabetic and taking medicines like Enalapril, Lisinopril, Ramipril.
Mode of Action of Losartas 25 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Losartas 25 MG
Interactions of Losartas 25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Sometimes Losartas Tablet may interact with other medicines or vice versa. Therefore, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking.
- Especially if you are on certain medications like blood thinners (warfarin or heparin), anti-cancer medicines, anti-depressants like lithium, potassium supplements or medicines containing potassium, other anti-hypertensives like water pills (furosemide), medicines for heart-related disorders like digoxin etc....
- If you have diabetes, do not take aliskiren along with this medicine.
- Concomitant use of Losartas Tablet and painkillers, should be avoided as it may impair kidney functions
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are anti-bacterial medicines such as Trimethoprim, corticosteroids used to treat the inflamed area of body parts etc.
- Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Losartas 25 MG
- Do not store Losartas Tablet above 25°C.
- Store it in the original packaging to protect it from sunlight and moisture.
- Keep out of sight and reach of children.
Dosage of Losartas 25 MG
- Overdose symptoms of the Losartas Tablet can include dizziness, increased levels of potassium in the blood, kidney failure, loss of consciousness.
- Seek emergency medical help if you experience any of the side effects.
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I inform my healthcare professional before I start treatment with Losartas Tablet?
- You must give an account of your past and present diseases, especially diabetes and all the ongoing medications, supplements and herbal medicines that you are taking.
- If you take anti-diabetic medication or insulin, track your blood sugar carefully while taking losartan, particularly during the first month of its use.
- The combination of these diabetes medicines when on losartan may cause significant changes in your blood sugar levels owing to drug-drug interactions. Hence, sharing complete history is of utmost importance....
Q: Are there any dietary restrictions to be followed when I am taking Losartas Tablet?
- Yes, avoid high potassium-containing foods (spinach, banana, peas, kidney beans).
- Low-salt diet preferred.
- Avoid fruits, foods and health supplements with a high potassium content.
Q: Why is Losartas Tablet given?
- Cozaar 100mg - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 24 May 2022]
- Cozaar 100mg - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 24 May 2022]
- CDSCO. Losartan [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 24 May 2022]