Lonazep 1mg Injection
Lonazep 1 MG Description
Lonazep 1mg injection is an anticonvulsant/anti-epileptic injection used to control seizures (fits) and relieve symptoms of anxiety and panic disorders. It belongs to the Benzodiazepine group of medi
cines and is chemically composed of Clonazepam. It is a prescription medicine. Clonazepam acts on GABA-A receptors (gamma-aminobutyric acid) in the brain and inhibits the excessive activity of the brain, suppressing seizures. It produces sedation and drowsiness and relieves anxiety. Epilepsy or seizure is a sudden uncontrollable excessive nerve activity in the brain associated with movements and changes in your consciousness. A panic disorder is a sudden intense fear of something when there is no cause or real danger. Your doctor can only start Lonazep 1mg injection after he has confirmed your illness. Your doctor will recommend the dose and duration of the injection. The common side effects of Lonazep 1mg injection are sedation, drowsiness, loss of coordination, fatigue, memory problems, tremors, visual disturbances, confusion, urinary problems, palpitations, dehydration, chest discomfort and running nose. Do not stop the medicine abruptly or skip the dose, or overdose. Sudden stoppage of the injection can result in seizures and withdrawal symptoms like pain in the abdomen, tremors, hallucinations and behavioral disorders. If you develop any severe allergic reaction following the injection or persistent symptoms, please report to the emergency immediately. The doctor might advise you to undergo regular blood count evaluation and liver function tests if you take the injection for a longer duration.
|₹1.39 (14% on MRP)
|Epilepsy and Seizure (Fits) disorders (Lennox Gustaut Syndrome and Myoclonic Seizures), Panic disorders and Anxiety disorders.
|Sedation, Drowsiness, Problems with Walking and Coordination, Memory problems, Dizziness, Fatigue, Tremors, Visual Disturbances, Confusion, Urinary problems, Palpitations, and Dehydration.
Uses of Lonazep 1 MG
- Controls Epilepsy And Seizure disorders like Lennox Gustaut Syndrome (Type Of Seizure Disorder In Children) and Myoclonic Seizures.
- Symptomatic Relief in Panic Disorder and Phobias
- Symptomatic Relief in Anxiety Disorders
Contraindications of Lonazep 1 MG
- Allergy to the Injection or any of its constituents
- Liver Problem
- Acute Angle-Closure Glaucoma (increased pressure in the eye)
Side effects of Lonazep 1 MG
- Sedation and Drowsiness
- Problems with walking and coordination
- Problems with Memory
- Visual disturbances
- Urinary problems
- Palpitations and changes in blood pressure
- Chest Discomfort
- These are some of the common side effects of the injection of Lonazep 1mg, which do not require medical attention. The doctor should be consulted for more information on the side effects of the injection....
Precautions and Warnings of Lonazep 1 MG
Other General Warnings
- You develop a severe allergic reaction to the injection.
- You experience persistent side effects or new-onset symptoms.
- You have liver or kidney problems.
- If you have a respiratory disease.
- If you have or have had depression, mood problems, or behavioral problems.
- You are above 65 years.
- You have a history of alcoholism.
- You are pregnant or planning to conceive or are a nursing mother.
- If you have any other medical conditions.
- If you have an eye disease called acute angle-closure glaucoma (increased pressure in the eye causing visual disturbances).
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines you take, including prescription and non-prescription medicines. Taking Lonazep injection with certain other medicines can cause side effects or affect how well they work. Do not start or stop other medicines without talking to your doctor....
Mode of Action of Lonazep 1 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Lonazep 1 MG
- The injection should be taken in the dose and for the duration recommended by your doctor.
- The doctor will administer the injection, kindly do not self-administer.
- Do not skip the dose. You may develop seizures (fits) if you skip the injection.
- Consult your doctor immediately in case of any side effects or serious allergic reactions following injection.
Interactions of Lonazep 1 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of other medicines may cause side effects or affect how well the injection works.
- Phenothiazines (anti-anxiety medicine) increase the side effects of Lonazep.
- Phenytoin, Carbamazepine (for fits), decreases blood levels of Lonazep.
- Adefovir and Abacavir (for viral infections) increase blood levels of Lonazep.
- Tricyclic antidepressants (for depression) like Amitriptyline and Monoamine oxidase inhibitors (used in mood disorders) like Selegiline increase the side effects of Lonazep.