Lipirose 5mg Tablet
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
This medication is used to lower the cholesterol levels in the body. The primary composition of Lipirose 5mg Tab includes rosuvastatin which decreases the bad cholesterol in the body.
Uses of Lipirose 5mg Tab
- High cholesterol levels
- Heart diseases
- High blood pressure
- Heart attacks
Contraindications of Lipirose 5mg Tab
- Liver problems
- Kidney problems
- Abnormal liver tests
- Allergic to this medication
- Addiction to alcohol
- Medicine containing cyclosporine
Side effects of Lipirose 5mg Tab
- Common side effects of Lipirose 5mg Tab are heartburn, stomach pain, dizziness, heartburn and nausea
- Serious side effects are myopathy (pain in muscles), which can be in the form of muscle ache (pain), tiredness and fever
- The patient should inform the doctor if they observe any signs of blood in the urine, along with muscle pain
- Regular monitoring of liver tests need to be done as this medication can cause jaundice and increased liver enzymes
- Abnormal muscle breakdown (rhabdomyolysis) - a condition with severe muscle pain, soreness and fever can occur
Precautions and Warnings of Lipirose 5mg Tab
Can I take Lipirose 5mg Tab during pregnancy?
Do not take this medication if you are pregnant, or if you are planning pregnancy as this medication can be harmful to the foetus. Women of child-bearing age should use effective contraceptives while using this medication.
Can I take Lipirose 5mg Tab while breastfeeding?
A small amount of this medicine passes into the breast milk, so it is unsafe to take this medication if you are planning to breastfeed the baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed the medicine?
This medication does not affect the ability to drive, and so you can drive if you are taking this medication.
Can I consume alcohol with the medicine?
Alcohol intake should be reduced while you are on this medication as it can cause liver damage.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have taken a medication called fusidic acid (an antibiotic) in the last seven days
- You have kidney or liver problems
- You have muscle pain or family history of muscle problems
- You have had muscular problems in the past during treatment with other cholesterol-lowering medications
- You regularly drink a large amount of alcohol
Mode of Action of Lipirose 5mg Tab
How Does It Work?
An enzyme called HMG-CoA produces cholesterol. This medication acts by inhibiting the enzyme HMG-CoA and thus lowers the production of bad cholesterol (low-density cholesterol). This medication also increases the production of good cholesterol (high-density cholesterol).
Directions for Use of Lipirose 5mg Tab
Lipirose 5mg Tab can be taken any time of the day with or without food. It is advisable to take the dosage at the same time every day.
Interactions of Lipirose 5mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- When used with other lipid-lowering agents, this medication can cause an increased risk of myopathy
- When given along with medications such as amiodarone, diltiazem or verapamil, monitor the lipid levels (cholesterol) to ensure that the lowest necessary dose of this medication is used
- Medications such as cyclosporine, warfarin, oral contraceptive pills, itraconazole, ketoconazole, erythromycin, clarithromycin, telithromycin and HIV protease inhibitors can have important interactions as they reduce the level of statinsread less
- Antacids such as aluminium hydroxide should not be taken within 2 hours of taking this medication
- Fusidic acid (an antibiotic) can cause severe muscle breakdown, and hence this medication should not be taken along or within 7 days of stopping fusidic acid
Interactions with food items
This medication can interact with grapefruit juice, and hence limit the intake of grapefruit juice.
Other general Interactions
Individuals with liver, kidney and muscle-related problems should inform their doctors about the same for a better and safer prescription.
Storage and disposal of Lipirose 5mg Tab
Always keep this medication out of the reach of children. Store in a cool and dry place.
Dosage of Lipirose 5mg Tab
No particular side effects of an overdose of Lipirose 5mg Tab are known; one must avoid the overdose of this medication. The common side effects of this medication may be seen with overdose.
Missed a Dose
In case you miss a dose of this medication, take it as soon as you remember it. However, do not take two doses of this medication within 12 hours of each other.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long will the medicine take to lower my cholesterol completely.?
A: This medication gradually lowers your cholesterol level, and it can vary from person to person. Also, diet modifications are required for best results.
Q: Can I stop taking this medication once my cholesterol levels are normal?
- Take this medication as directed by your physician. Do not stop taking this medication or else your cholesterol levels may increase, leading to complications.
Q: What are the precautions to take to lower the cholesterol level?
A: Medications are just playing one part in lowering cholesterol; you need to follow certain precautions to lower your cholesterol levels Avoid eating food with high-fat content Exercise regularly for at least 30 minutes Do not skip your medications Inform your doctor if you face any side effect
Q: How soon will the medicine work?
A: You may see your cholesterol levels lowering in 2-4 weeks after starting this medication. Results may vary between individuals. Your doctor may adjust your dosage to help you maintain optimum cholesterol levels.
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 10:57 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
- Other Variants
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved