Lipikind 50 Mg Tablet 10
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
This is a hypolipidemic medicine belonging to a group of medications used to decrease bad cholesterol in the body. The composition of Lipikind 50 Mg Tablet 10 is atorvastatin and its salt present in this medicine helps reduce low-density lipoprotein in the body.
Uses of Lipikind 50 Mg Tablet 10
- High cholesterol
- Heart disease
- High triglyceride levels
Contraindications of Lipikind 50 Mg Tablet 10
- Hepatitis, jaundice or any other liver disease
- Pregnancy or during breast-feeding
- Patients allergic to this medicine
- Any hepatitis medicines like glecaprevir or pibrentasvir
Side effects of Lipikind 50 Mg Tablet 10
- This medicine may be responsible for some common side effects like nausea, constipation, throat pain, joint pain, muscle pain, back pain, diarrhoea, blood test abnormalities, headache etc
- Some rare side effects of Lipikind 50 Mg Tablet 10 include dizziness, lack of appetite, itching, allergy, insomnia, tiredness, etc
- It can also cause some serious side effects like acute kidney failure, muscle breakdown, blistering, serious illness, skin rashes etc
Precautions and Warnings of Lipikind 50 Mg Tablet 10
Can I take the medicine during pregnancy?
Pregnant women or those planning pregnancy should not take this medicine.
Can I take the medicine while breastfeeding?
Breastfeeding women should avoid using this medicine. It may pass onto the mother's milk and can harm the baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed the medicine?
Yes, it is safe to drive after taking this medicine. The medicine is not known to affect driving abilities in any way.
Can I consume alcohol with the medicine}?
Alcohol consumption can increase the chances of liver damage if taken with this medicine, and hence, should be avoided.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are taking fusidic acid as this combination can lead to serious muscle problems
- You have kidney-related ailments
- You have a family history of muscle-related problems
- You have experienced any health-related problems in the past (especially muscle problems) after using cholesterol-reducing medicines
- You consume large amounts of alcohol
Mode of Action of Lipikind 50 Mg Tablet 10
How Does It Work?
This medicine acts against the HMG-CoA reductase enzyme, which helps in the production of cholesterol. By inhibiting this enzyme, this medicine lowers bad cholesterol (low-density lipoprotein) levels and increases good cholesterol (high-density lipoprotein) levels in the body.
Directions for Use of Lipikind 50 Mg Tablet 10
This medicine comes in the form of tablets that can be taken orally with water. You should try taking this medicine at the same time each day. Also, it can be taken with or without food.
Interactions of Lipikind 50 Mg Tablet 10
Interactions with other medicines
- A dosage of Lipikind 50 Mg Tablet 10 taken along with other cholesterol-lowering medicines (e.g., gemfibrozil, colestipol, ezetimibe) may increase the risk of muscle breakdown
- Consumption of this medicine with fusidic acid or within seven days of fusidic acid consumption may cause serious side effects
- When taken along with amiodarone, diltiazem, or verapamil, only the lowest necessary dose of this medicine must be used
- Medicines like itraconazole, telithromycin, voriconazole, clarithromycin, indinavir, ciclosporin, ritonavir, ketoconazole, erythromycin, clarithromycin, lopinavir, atazanavir, darunavir, and tipranavir/ritonavir may increase the concentration of this medicine in the blood and cause serious side effectsread less
- Avoid taking hepatitis medicines like glecaprevir or pibrentasvir when taking this medicine
Interactions with food items
You should reduce the intake of grapefruit juice if taking this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Lipikind 50 Mg Tablet 10
This medicine must be stored away from heat, moisture, and light. It can be kept between 20 and 25 °C temperature.
Dosage of Lipikind 50 Mg Tablet 10
You should seek medical attention in case of an overdose of this medicine.
Missed a Dose
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. But if it's time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue your regular schedule. You should avoid taking extra medicine to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: While taking the medicine, what extra precautions should I follow?
A: You should exercise regularly and reduce fatty foods when on this medicine. This will help ensure that the benefits of this medicine are maximised.
Q: I am above 70 years of age. Is this medicine safe for me to take?
A: It's suggested to consult your doctor before taking this medicine if you are aged 70 or above.
Q: I am lactose intolerant. Is it safe for me to take this medicine?
A: The medicine contains lactose and thus should not be taken by those who are lactose intolerant.
Q: What would be the duration of treatment with the medicine?
A: The duration of your treatment with this medicine would be determined by your doctor based on a number of factors.
Q: I've started to see the results of this medicine. Can I stop taking this medicine now?
A: No, you should not stop your treatment before consulting your doctor first.
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved