Lipicure 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Lipicure 10mg Tab 15`S is prescribed as a hypolipidemic medication for decreasing the levels of low-density lipoproteins (LDL) in the body. The generic name of Lipicure 10mg Tab 15`S is atorvastatin.
Uses of Lipicure 10mg Tab 15`S
- Treatment of high cholesterol and high triglyceride levels in the body
- Treatment of heart-related diseases
Contraindications of Lipicure 10mg Tab 15`S
- Patients with hepatitis, jaundice or abnormal liver tests
- Patients with allergic reaction to this medicine or its constituents
- Pregnant women or breastfeeding mothers
- Patients on the prescription of glecaprevir or pibrentasvir (medicines for the treatment of hepatitis)
Side effects of Lipicure 10mg Tab 15`S
- The common side effects of Lipicure 10mg Tab 15`S are headache, throat pain, bleeding from nose, nausea, constipation, diarrhoea, pain in joints, muscles and back, abnormal liver functions or abnormal values of creatine kinase, fatigue and dizzinessread less
- The rare side effects of Lipicure 10mg Tab 15`S include loss of appetite, nightmares, insomnia, numbness or tingling sensation in the fingers, rashes and itching, rhabdomyolysis (emergency medical care is needed), severe illness with peeling and swelling of the skin, mouth, eyes and genitals, and blisters on palms of hands or soles of feetread less
Precautions and Warnings of Lipicure 10mg Tab 15`S
Can I take Lipicure 10mg Tab 15`S during pregnancy?
Lipicure 10mg Tab 15`S should not be taken during pregnancy or if you are planning pregnancy as this medicine is not considered to be safe.
Can I take Lipicure 10mg Tab 15`S while breastfeeding?
The medicine is not considered to be safe during breastfeeding. Hence, it should be avoided.
Can I drive if I have consumed Lipicure 10mg Tab 15`S?
Yes, you can drive as this medicine does not affect the ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Lipicure 10mg Tab 15`S?
Excessive intake of alcohol during treatment can cause liver damage. Hence, alcohol consumption during its prescription should be avoided.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
Prior to the consumption of Lipicure 10mg Tab 15`S, the physician should be informed if you have a history or are prone to liver or kidneys' disorders. He/she should also be given a complete medical and surgical history to avoid any serious side effects.
Mode of Action of Lipicure 10mg Tab 15`S
How Does It Work?
This medicine acts by inhibiting the enzyme HMG-CoA reductase, which is responsible for the formation of cholesterol. Thus, the levels of LDL (elevated cholesterol levels) in the body are reduced.
Directions for Use of Lipicure 10mg Tab 15`S
The dosage of Lipicure 10mg Tab 15`S should be taken in prescribed amount with water at a fixed time daily. It can be taken with or without meals.
Interactions of Lipicure 10mg Tab 15`S
Interactions with other medicines
- This medicine should not be taken with fusidic acid or within seven days of stopping fusidic acid as it can cause a serious side effect of muscle breakdown (rhabdomyolysis)
- There is an increased risk of muscle breakdown when this medicine is used with gemfibrozil, colestipol, ezetimibe, and other cholesterol-lowering medicines
- The lowest dose of the medicine should be given when the individual is on the prescription of amiodarone, diltiazem, or verapamil
- Medicines including Iitraconazole, voriconazole, clarithromycin, cyclosporine, ketoconazole, erythromycin, clarithromycin, telithromycin, ritonavir, lopinavir, atazanavir, indinavir, darunavir, and tipranavir can increase the levels of atorvastatin in the blood leading to serious side effectsread less
Interactions with food items
Intake of grapefruit juice should be regulated while using this medicine.
Other general Interactions
Patients with liver or kidneys' disorders and muscle pain or history of muscle pain in the family should avoid its medication. Pregnant and breastfeeding women are also advised not to take this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Lipicure 10mg Tab 15`S
The medicine should be stored in a cool and dry place, away from sunlight, excessive heat and children. It should not be used after expiry date and should be properly disposed of via proper methods suggested by your pharmacist.
Dosage of Lipicure 10mg Tab 15`S
The physician should be informed immediately in case of an overdose of this medicine. An overdose of Lipicure 10mg Tab 15`S can increase the risks of side effects.
Missed a Dose
The missed dose should be taken as soon as you recall it. If it is time for the impending dose, then the missed dose should be skipped and the regular dosing schedule should be continued. Extra doses should not be taken for compensation of the missed done.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are the general precautions to be taken during treatment with the medicine?
A: The uses of Lipicure 10mg Tab 15`S are in the lowering of elevated cholesterol levels in the body. For maximum benefits, regular exercise is strongly suggested. Also, avoid eating food with high fat content.
Q: What should I discuss with the physician before consumption of atorvastatin?
A: The physician should be informed if you have been taking fusidic acid or same type of medicines along with the duration of the same prescription. He/she should also be informed about any kidneys or liver ailments. He/she should be notified in case of a family history of muscle problems or any current condition involving muscle ache or issues with other cholesterol-lowering medicines.
Q: What are the things to keep in mind during treatment with the medicine?
A: The physician may closely monitor and test you for diabetes or risk of developing diabetes. The risk is high if you are overweight and have dietary habits involving fatty food.
Q: When and how should I take the medicine?
A: The medicine should be taken as advised by your doctor. It should be swallowed whole with water and should be preferably taken at the same time everyday. It can be taken before or after meals. The dose adjustments are to be done by the physician only.
Q: What are the storage conditions for the medicine?
A: The medicine should be stored at 25?C away from heat, moisture, children and pets.
- electronic Medicines Compendium (eMC). Package leaflet: information for the user. ATORVASTATIN 10 mg film-coated tablets. Atorvastatin 20 mg film-coated tablets. Atorvastatin 40 mg film-coated tablets. Atorvastatin 80 mg film-coated tablets.
- National Center for Biotechnology Information. Drugs and Lactation Database. LactMed. Atorvastatin.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 09:33 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved