Liofen 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By SUN PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
8 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Liofen 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets is a muscle relaxer. Liofen 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets has Baclofen as its active ingredient. It is used to reduce symptoms of muscle spasticity (a condition in which your muscles stiffen or tighten) due to any disease or injury of the brain or spinal cord, etc. Take this medicine in doses and duration as prescribed by the doctor. It should be taken with food. Before starting this medicine, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from.
Uses of Liofen 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Liofen 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets is used in treating the symptoms of muscle spasticity (stiffness, tightness) which may be due to multiple sclerosis (a disease affecting the brain or spinal cord), any injury of the brain or spine, any diseases of the spinal cord, etc.
Contraindications of Liofen 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Baclofen or any other ingredients of Liofen 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets.
- If you had a stomach ulcer.
Side effects of Liofen 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Headache, dizziness
- Nausea, vomiting
- Constipation and diarrhoea
- Tiredness, sleepiness, weakness
- Muscle pain, Shakiness
- Dry mouth, skin rash,
- Eyes problems
- Altered mood, confusion
- Hallucinations or nightmares, insomnia
- Frequent urination
- Excessive sweating, Breathing difficulties
- Low blood pressure, unconsciousness
Precautions and Warnings of Liofen 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Liofen 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets during pregnancy?
This medicine should be avoided as there are chances that it may be exposed to your unborn baby. However, your doctor may give you this medicine if it is needed and advantage overweighs the risk. It is essential to always consult a doctor before starting any medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take Liofen 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets while breastfeeding?
- This medicine passes into human milk but in small amounts that if taken in normal doses may not harm the baby. However, consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Liofen 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets?
This medicine may make you dizzy, feel sleepy and cause you some visual problems. Avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Liofen 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while taking this medicine, as it may worsen the side effects of this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have had a stroke in the past.
- You have problems passing urine.
- You have any issues with your mental health.
- You are pregnant women or breastfeeding mother.
- You suffer from diabetes, fits or Parkinson’s disease.
- You have any problems with your heart, liver or kidney.
- You have high blood pressure and are being treated for it.
- You have a history with any drug abuse or being dependent on it.
- Liofen 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets is not recommended for children who weigh less than 33 kgs.
Mode of Action of Liofen 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Baclofen in Liofen 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets works by reducing or blocking the activity of certain nerves within a part of the brain that controls the contraction and relaxation of muscles, improving the movement of muscles and helps them relax.
Directions for Use of Liofen 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Liofen 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It can be taken with or without food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Liofen 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements to avoid any interaction.
- You may experience nausea, confusion, hallucinations, irritation or your condition may even worsen when taking Liofen 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets along with medicines used to treat Parkinson's disease like levodopa, carbidopa, etc.read less
- You may experience excessive or increased sedation (drowsiness, sleepiness) when this medicine is co-administered with other medicines that relax muscles like tizanidine.
- Medicines like morphine (used to treat severe pain) must be used with caution, as it may cause a decrease in your blood pressure.
- Concomitant use of medicines like lithium, amitriptyline used to treat mental health may increase the effect of this medicine leading to weak muscle tone.
- Other medicines like diltiazem, ibuprofen, promethazine, etc should be used with caution along with Liofen 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets.
Interactions with food items
- Liofen 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets should be taken with food or a glass of milk to avoid stomach discomfort.
Storage and disposal of Liofen 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Liofen 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets should be stored at room temperature, protected from moisture and heat.
- Keep them out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard unused medicine properly. Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Liofen 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Excess of this medicine may lead to altered heartbeats or blood pressure, difficulty in breathing, heart problems, coma. You may experience symptoms like nausea, vomiting, sleepiness, unconsciousness, confusion, hallucination, shortness of breath, shakiness. Seek urgent medical help if you experience any symptoms or have consumed an excessive amount of Liofen 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets.
Missed a Dose
In case you’ve missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember it. If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How to take Liofen 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets?
A: It should be taken as directed by the doctor. Swallow it with a glass of water or milk, with food. Do not miss any dose or take it more than that prescribed.
Q: Why should Liofen 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets be taken with food?
A: Your doctor may recommend you take this medicine with or after your meals to avoid any stomach discomfort.
Q: Can Liofen 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets make me drowsy?
A: Yes, this medicine may cause sleepiness or drowsiness as a side effect.
Last Updated on: 20 Mar 2021 | 09:46 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved