Levosiz M Tablet
By SYSTOPIC LABORATORIES
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Levosiz M tablet is used to relieve symptoms of allergic rhinitis such as a runny & stuffed nose, blockage in airways, sneezing, itching, watery eyes and other allergic symptoms.Levosiz M tablet is a combination medicine containing montelukast and levocetirizine. It works by blocking the production of chemicals responsible for causing the allergy. It should be taken as directed by the doctor, in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. Swallow it with a glass of water, with or without food. Your doctor may advise you to take the Levosiz M tablet, preferably at bedtime. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from before starting this medicine....
|You Save||₹11.70 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Montelukast(10.0 Mg),Levocetirizine(5.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Headache, drowsiness, feeling tired and dry mouth|
Check more medicines with composition as Montelukast(10.0 Mg) + Levocetirizine(5.0 Mg)
10 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Levosiz M Tablet
Uses of Levosiz M Tablet
Levosiz M tablet is used for the treatment of allergic rhinitis
Contraindications of Levosiz M Tablet
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredient of this medicine like Levocetirizine, Cetirizine or Montelukast
- If you have kidney problems or undergoing dialysis
- If you are unable to digest lactose and glucose (galactose intolerance)
Side effects of Levosiz M Tablet
- Stomach pain
- Dry mouth
- Tiredness or weakness
- Blocked or runny nose
- Dizziness or drowsiness
- Indigestion or dyspepsia
Precautions and Warnings of Levosiz M Tablet
Can I take Levosiz M tablet during pregnancy?
The safety of this medicine in pregnancy is not established. Do not take this medicine unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Levosiz M tablet while breastfeeding?
- It is not safe to use this medicine during breastfeeding as Levocetirizine passes into human milk and can harm the baby
- It can cause drowsiness in the breastfed baby
Can I drive if I have consumed Levosiz M tablet?
This medicine may cause dizziness or drowsiness. Be cautious while driving or operating any machinery after taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Levosiz M tablet?
It is advised to avoid alcohol consumption during the treatment as it might alter your alertness. You should also not drink alcohol if you are taking any medicines for sleeplessness as the side effects may worsen.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are taking medicines for allergies (corticosteroids) like Prednisone and Prednisolone
- You are already taking painkillers like aspirin as it can increase the risk of asthma
- You experience a rash or breathing difficulty
- You are suffering from psychiatric illness
- This medicine can cause anxiety, aggression, lack of sleep and suicidal thoughts. In case you experience any of these, immediately inform your doctor
- You are suffering from a genetic disorder called phenylketonuria
- You are not able to empty the bladder completely
- This medicine is not meant for relief from acute asthma, use your inhaler for asthma relief in acute attack
Mode of Action of Levosiz M Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Montelukast blocks certain natural substances called leukotrienes which may cause allergies. It reduces swelling, relaxes airways and helps to make breathing easier
- Levocetirizine blocks histamine, a natural substance, which is produced by the body during allergic reactions
Directions for Use of Levosiz M Tablet
- Levosiz M tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Levosiz M Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Levosiz M tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Medicines used to treat fits or epilepsy like Phenytoin
- Medicines used to treat anxiety or sleeplessness (CNS depressants) like Phenobarbital
- Medicines used to treat tuberculosis like Rifampicin
Interactions with food items
This medicine can be taken with or without food.
Storage and disposal of Levosiz M Tablet
- Store Levosiz M tablets below 30°C
- Try to protect it from light and moisture
- Keep it away from the reach of children
Dosage of Levosiz M Tablet
- Symptoms of overdose include drowsiness, aggression, restlessness, thirst and headache
- In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I have depression, can Levosiz M tablet worsen it?
A: This medicine is known to cause side effects like anxiety, depression, irritability and suicidal behaviour. It would be best if you are cautious as there can be an increased frequency of suicidal thoughts. In case it occurs, immediately inform your family and doctor.
Q: Can I take this medicine during an asthma attack?
A: No, it will not help in an acute attack of asthma. It is advised to take appropriate rescue medicine like inhalers given by your doctor during an asthma attack. Keep taking this medicine as well and do not stop it abruptly.
Q: When should I take Levosiz M tab?
A: You can take Levosiz M tablet either before or after meals or as suggested by the doctor. Do not exceed the maximum daily doses and treatment durations recommended.
Q: Is Levosiz M tablet safe in pregnancy?
A: There is inadequate information available on the safety of Levosiz M tablet in pregnancy. Hence, it should be used if prescribed by your doctor. You should avoid self-medicating this medicine or any medicine during pregnancy.
Q: What is Levosiz M tablet used for?
A: Levosiz M tablet is used for the treatment of allergic rhinitis. It relieves symptoms of allergic rhinitis like red watery eyes, sneezing, a runny nose. It also helps in relieving other allergic conditions that include itching.
Q: Is tab Levosiz M effective for cough?
A: No, Levosiz M is not effective for cough. A cough could be due to different causes and hence it would be best to take a doctor's advice before taking any medicine.
Q: Can I take Levosiz M tablet in covid?
A: No, you should not take Levosiz M or any medicine to treat or prevent covid-19 without consulting a doctor. If you have been tested positive with COVID-19, immediately inform the doctor. The doctor will prescribe you the appropriate medicine on the basis of the severity of the underlying condition and medical history.
- MONTAIR LC & MONTAIR LC KID DT / Syrup [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 5 April 2022]
- Levocetirizine [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 5 April 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 5 April 2022]
- Montelukast 10 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 23 March 2022]
- Levocetirizine 5 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 23 March 2022]
Expires on or After