Levo 500mg Tablet
Levo 500 MG Description
Levo 500 mg tablet is an antibiotic medicine. It is used for the treatment of bacterial infection of the lungs, throat, airways, nose, ears, urinary tract, skin and soft tissues. It contains levoflox
acin as its main component. It works by killing the bacteria responsible for infection by blocking certain vital functions of bacterial cells like growth and replication. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. Do not stop taking this medicine if you feel better within a few days. Always finish the course of antibiotic medicine for effective treatment. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting Levo 500 mg tablet.
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea|
- Levoquin 500mg TabletBy Cipla Gx5 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 43.96₹ 37.3758.5% CHEAPER₹ 7.47/Tablet
- Phlevo 500mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 87.92₹ 64.1864.33% CHEAPER₹ 6.42/Tablet
- Lquin 500mg TabletBy Cipla Gx10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 90.49₹ 76.9257.28% CHEAPER₹ 7.69/Tablet
- Levoday 500 Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Zydus Healthcare Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 89.82₹ 85.3352.61% CHEAPER₹ 8.53/Tablet
- Lcin 500mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Lupin10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 89.80₹ 76.3357.61% CHEAPER₹ 7.63/Tablet
- Fynal 500mg Strip Of 5 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd5 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 41.65₹ 35.4060.67% CHEAPER₹ 7.08/Tablet
- Levoflox 500mg TabletBy Cipla Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 89.82₹ 76.3557.61% CHEAPER₹ 7.64/Tablet
- Uribact 500mg TabletsBy Overseas Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 90.49₹ 76.9257.28% CHEAPER₹ 7.69/Tablet
- Levomac 500mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 87.92₹ 74.7358.5% CHEAPER₹ 7.47/Tablet
- Alevo 500mg TabletBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 87.92₹ 74.7358.5% CHEAPER₹ 7.47/Tablet
Uses of Levo 500 MG
Contraindications of Levo 500 MG
- If you are allergic to levofloxacin or any other ingredients of Levo 500mg tablet.
- If you are allergic to a class of medicines called fluoroquinolones. If you are not sure which are these medicines ask your doctor.
- If you have a history of fits and seizures (epilepsy).
- If you have tendons (tendonitis) related problems.
- If you are below 18 years old.
- If you are pregnant/breastfeeding or are planning to become pregnant.
Side effects of Levo 500 MG
- Sleep disturbances
Precautions and Warnings of Levo 500 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have diabetes, psychiatric illness, brain injury, kidney or liver-related problems.
- You have a history of fits, you are above the age of 60 years.
- You are taking steroids.
- You experience low or high blood sugar, consider monitoring your blood sugar frequently if you are diabetic and on antidiabetic medicine.
- You experience nervous system-related symptoms such as confusion, sleeplessness, nightmares, thoughts of harming yourself, feeling low, anxiety, etc. Immediately seek medical advice.
- You have heart problems, a history of heart attack, slow heart rate, salt imbalance.
- You have glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (an inherited disorder that affects red blood cells).
- You have or had developed an allergic reaction after taking the Levo 500 mg.
- You are suffering from myasthenia gravis, a condition of muscle weakness. This medicine can further worsen the condition of muscle weakness.
- Levo 500 mg should not be used by children and adolescents.
- This medicine is known to cause tendon rupture, nerve damage/pain (peripheral neuropathy). Be cautious and tell your doctor if you already have any of this condition before initiating the treatment.
Mode of Action of Levo 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Levo 500 MG
Interactions of Levo 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Levo 500 mg tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat your heart problems, brain disorders, other antibiotics, blood thinners, painkillers, steroids.
- Medicines containing aluminum, magnesium or sucralfate used for acidity problems should be taken with a minimum gap of 2 hours with the Levo 500 mg.
- Other medicines such as methotrexate, cimetidine, probenecid should be used cautiously along with the Levo 500 mg.
- Dietary supplements that contain iron may affect the way this tablet works, therefore, this medicine should be taken two hours before or after having any product that contains iron.
Storage and disposal of Levo 500 MG
- Store Levo tablets at room temperature in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly. Do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Levo 500 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with the physician before starting tab Levo 500 mg?
Q: What precautions should be taken when using tablet Levo 500 mg?
- Avoid going out in the sun. Wear a protective covering or use sunscreen (SPF 30 or 40) to prevent sunburn.
- If you experience pain, swelling of a tendon or weakness or inability to use one of your joints; rest and refrain from exercise and discontinue the Levo 500 mg treatment immediately and contact your doctor....
- If you experience sudden chest or back or stomach pain, seek medical help immediately.
- Have plenty of water and maintain a healthy diet.
Q: Can I discontinue taking Levo 500 tablet if I feel my condition is improving?
Q: Does Levo tablet cause diarrhoea?
Q: What does Levo 500 contain?
Q: Can I take Levo 500 for covid-19?
- Levofloxacin 250 mg Film-coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 15 April 2022]
- CDSCO - Levofloxacin [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 15 April 2022]
- LEVOFLOX Tablets (Levofloxacin) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 15 April 2022]
- Can Alcohol Abuse Cause or Worsen an Infectious Disease? [Internet]. Alcohol.org. 2021 [cited 15 April 2022]