Levasol 150mg Strip Of 1 Tablet
By MERIDIAN MEDICARE LTD
1 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Levasol 150 MG Description
Levasol Tablet is an anti-worm medicine. It contains levamisole as its active ingredient. It is used in the treatment of worm infections. This medicine should be taken as directed by the doctor and i
n doses and duration as prescribed. Before using the Levasol Tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
|You Save||₹2.25 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, stomach pain|
Check more medicines with composition as Levamisole(150.0 Mg)
Uses of Levasol 150 MG
Levasol Tablet is used for the treatment of worm infections.
Contraindications of Levasol 150 MG
If you are allergic to levamisole or any other ingredients of Levasol Tablet.
Side effects of Levasol 150 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Levasol 150 MG
Can I take Levasol Tablet during pregnancy?
Please consult your doctor before using Levasol Tablet during pregnancy as there is limited information about its safety in pregnant women.
Can I take Levasol Tablet while breastfeeding?
Levasol Tablet should not be used while breastfeeding as there is limited safety data available. Your doctor may prescribe an alternate medicine, especially while nursing a newborn or premature infant.
Can I drive if I have consumed Levasol Tablet?
Levasol Tablet may make you feel dizzy and sleepy, you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Levasol Tablet?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol and Levasol Tablet, it is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of consuming alcohol regularly.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your liver or kidneys.
- You develop an allergic reaction after using Levasol Tablet.
- You do not notice any improvement in your condition while on treatment.
- You are pregnant, think you may be or are planning a pregnancy.
- You are breastfeeding.
- Do not use Levasol Tablet for any other condition than that prescribed by the doctor.
Mode of Action of Levasol 150 MG
How Does It Work?
Levamisole in Levasol Tablet works by attaching to the muscle of the worms, paralyzes it and reduces their ability to multiply.
Directions for Use of Levasol 150 MG
Levasol Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Levasol 150 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Levasol Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Especially if you are taking medicines like Ivermectin and Albendazole....
Storage and disposal of Levasol 150 MG
- Store Levasol Tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Levasol 150 MG
Seek medical attention in case you have consumed too much of Levasol Tablet.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Levasol Tablet, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Levasol Tablet?
A: Levasol Tablet is used for the treatment of worm infections.
Q: Is Levasol Tablet an antibiotic?
A: No, Levasol Tablet is not an antibiotic, it is an antiparasitic medicine which is used to treat infections caused by worms (such as roundworm and hookworm).
Q: Does the Levasol Tablet contain a steroid?
A: No, the Levasol Tablet does not contain a steroid. It contains levamisole which is used to treat parasitic worm infections.
- Levamisole - an overview | ScienceDirect Topics [Internet]. Sciencedirect.com. 2022 [cited 20 May 2022]
- Levamisole: Uses, Interactions, Mechanism of Action | DrugBank Online [Internet]. Go.drugbank.com. 2022 [cited 20 May 2022]
- Lactmed - Levamisole [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 20 May 2022]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed