Letoval 2.5mg Tablet
By RANBAXY LABORATORIES (SUN PHARMA)
5 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Letoval 2.5mg Tablet is an anti-cancer medicine containing Letrozole as its active ingredient. It is used in treating advanced breast cancer in post-menopausal women. This medicine should be taken as instructed by your doctor. The dose and frequency will be decided by your doctor. Swallow it with a glass of water, with or without water. Never miss any dose or consume it more than what is recommended. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Letoval 2.5mg Tablet
Letoval 2.5mg Tablet is used in post-menopausal women for the treatment of advanced breast cancer.
Contraindications of Letoval 2.5mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Letrozole or any other ingredients of Letoval 2.5mg Tablet.
- If you still get your periods.
- If you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant.
- If you are breast-feeding.
Side effects of Letoval 2.5mg Tablet
- Headache, dizziness
- Tiredness, weakness
- Nausea, vomiting
- Indigestion, constipation
- Hot flushes (Sudden feeling of warmth)
- Increased sweating
- Skin rashes
- Increased or loss of appetite
- Joint stiffness, bone and joint pain
- Palpitations, chest pain
- Vagina dryness, vaginal bleeding
Precautions and Warnings of Letoval 2.5mg Tablet
Can I take Letoval 2.5mg Tablet during pregnancy?
Letoval 2.5mg Tablet is meant to be used only after menopause. It must not be used during pregnancy as it may harm the unborn baby. You must take proper birth control measures while consuming it, as you may still have the potential to become pregnant during treatment.
Can I take Letoval 2.5mg Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if Letrozole passes into breast milk, hence you should not use Letoval 2.5mg Tablet while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Letoval 2.5mg Tablet?
Letoval 2.5mg Tablet may make you dizzy, thus you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Letoval 2.5mg Tablet?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol and Letoval 2.5mg Tablet, it is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of regular drinking.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are suffering from any liver or kidney diseases
- You have any disease that affects the strength of your bones.
- You experience tendon pain or swelling while on treatment with Letoval 2.5mg Tablet.
- Your periods have not yet stopped, and you have not yet gone through menopause. Your doctor might ask you to confirm your menopause by performing some blood tests if it cannot be clinically confirmed.
- Letoval 2.5mg Tablet is not recommended for use in patients below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Letoval 2.5mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Letrozole in Letoval 2.5mg Tablet works by reducing the level of a natural female hormone known as estrogen that is produced in the body. Eventually, stopping the growth of the cancer cells, which depend on estrogen for its growth.
Directions for Use of Letoval 2.5mg Tablet
- Letoval 2.5mg Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Letoval 2.5mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Letoval 2.5mg Tablet may interact with other medications and provide an altered response to the treatment. Please notify your doctor if you are undergoing any other treatments, over-the-counter medications (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.read less
- Concomitant use of Letoval 2.5mg Tablet along with tamoxifen (used to prevent breast cancer) should be avoided as it may alter its effects.
- Other medicines like phenytoin, clopidrogel should be used with caution along with Letoval 2.5mg Tablet.
Interactions with food items
Letoval 2.5mg Tablet can be taken with or without food.
Storage and disposal of Letoval 2.5mg Tablet
- Store Letoval 2.5mg Tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Letoval 2.5mg Tablet
Seek urgent medical attention in case you have consumed too much of Letoval 2.5mg Tablet.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of Letoval 2.5mg Tablet take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Letoval 2.5mg Tablet?
A: Letoval 2.5mg Tablet is used in post-menopausal women for the treatment of advanced breast cancer.
Q: How to take Letoval 2.5mg Tablet?
A: Letoval 2.5mg Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, with or without food. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
Q: Should Letoval 2.5mg Tablet be taken with or without food?
A: Letoval 2.5mg Tablet can be taken with or without food.
Q: Does Letoval 2.5mg Tablet cause addiction?
A: No, Letoval 2.5mg Tablet is not an addiction causing medicine. However, it should be used as per dose and duration prescribed by your doctor.
Q: How long to take Letoval 2.5mg Tablet?
A: The dose and duration of Letoval 2.5mg Tablet will depend on the response to treatment. Follow your doctor's instructions and do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
Q: Can Letoval 2.5mg Tablet be used in children?
A: No, Letoval 2.5mg Tablet should not be used in children and adolescents as there is limited safety information available.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 17 Feb 2021 | 01:39 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 25% Off on first medicine order
Upto Rs.600 cashback on Paytm wallet + Flat 25% off on your first medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved