Lamriga Dt 100mg Tablets
Lamriga Dt 100 MG Description
Lamriga Dt Tablet is an anticonvulsant medication that is used in treating epilepsy and bipolar disorder. It contains lamotrigine as its active ingredient. It acts by decreasing the abnormal impulses
from the nerves in the brain and helps in preventing mood swings. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. You develop any rashes after taking this medicine, inform your doctor immediately. Before using the Lamriga Dt Tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Lamriga Dt 100 MG
Contraindications of Lamriga Dt 100 MG
Side effects of Lamriga Dt 100 MG
- Skin rash
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Lamriga Dt 100 MG
- Use of the Lamriga Dt Tablet during pregnancy (especially first trimester) may cause an increased risk of birth defects such as cleft lip or cleft palate.
- Thus, consult your doctor before using if you are pregnant, think you may be or are planning a pregnancy.
- Use effective contraception (condoms, a cap or a coil.) if you are a woman of childbearing age and are taking this medicine, also seek advice from your doctor.
- Do not discontinue the treatment without discussion with your doctor.
Other General Warnings
- You have observed any rashes after taking the Lamriga Dt Tablet. Immediately contact your doctor or visit the nearest hospital.
- You have any behavioural changes or mood changes.
- You are suffering from a condition - Brugada syndrome.
- You have a known history of kidney problems.
- You are on a medication that contains lamotrigine.
- You develop any suicidal thoughts, contact your doctor.
- You have ever developed meningitis after taking this medicine.
Mode of Action of Lamriga Dt 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Lamriga Dt 100 MG
- Lamriga Dt Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Lamriga Dt 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Lamriga Dt Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially, if you are taking hormonal contraceptives, antibiotics, other medicines to treat fits or epilepsy or other psychiatric illnesses, HIV infection, etc.
Storage and disposal of Lamriga Dt 100 MG
- Store the Lamriga Dt Tablet below 25°C in a dry place, protected from light.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Lamriga Dt 100 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is epilepsy?
Q: What is bipolar disorder?
Q: What is the use of the Lamriga Dt Tablet?
- Lamotrigine tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 7 July 2021]
- LAMETEC DT Tablets [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 7 July 2021]
- [Internet]. Hpra.ie. 2021 [cited 7 July 2021]
- CDSCO - Lamotrigine [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 7 July 2021]
- Lamotrigine tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 7 July 2021]