Lamivir 150mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By CIPLA LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Lamivir 150 MG Description
Lamivir Tablet is an antiviral medicine. It is used to treat HIV and hepatitis B viral infection along with other antiviral medications. Lamivir contains Lamivudine as an active ingredient. This medi
cine acts by decreasing the amount of hepatitis B and HIV virus in the blood by inhibiting the growth and development of the virus. Take Lamivir as advised by your doctor. You should take this medicine at the same time every day for better results. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
|You Save||₹16.28 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||HIV, Hepatits B|
|Side effects||Increase liver enzyme, muscle ache, muscle cramp, rash|
Check more medicines with composition as Lamivudine(150.0 Mg)
Uses of Lamivir 150 MG
Used to treat HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) and Hepatitis B virus infection along with other antiviral medications.
Contraindications of Lamivir 150 MG
If you are allergic to lamivudine or any other ingredients of Lamivir Tablet.
Side effects of Lamivir 150 MG
- Increased liver enzyme
- Muscle ache
- Muscle cramp
Precautions and Warnings of Lamivir 150 MG
Can I take Lamivir Tablet during pregnancy?
Lamivir can be used during pregnancy if prescribed by your doctor after assessing the need and risk.
Can I take Lamivir Tablet while breastfeeding?
Lamivir can be used during breastfeeding if prescribed by your doctor after assessing the need and risk to the new born baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Lamivir Tablet?
If you experience fatigue or body ache after taking Lamivir, it is advised to be careful or avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Lamivir 150mg Strip Of 10 Tablets?
No, you should avoid consuming alcohol along with Lamivir, as it may increase the side effect. Talk to your doctor, if you consume it often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have elevated liver enzymes, as during or discontinuing Lamivir may exacerbate hepatitis.
- You have any other liver diseases.
- You are on any other immunosuppressive medicine therapy.
- You have Hepatitis C.
- You are resistant to Lamivudine or you are taking another medicine containing Lamivudine.
- You have inflammation of the pancreas.
Mode of Action of Lamivir 150 MG
How Does It Work?
Lamivudine acts by inhibiting the growth and multiplication of the virus in the body. Thereby decreasing the viral load or reducing the amount of HIV and Hepatitis in the blood.
Directions for Use of Lamivir 150 MG
- Lamivir Tablet is to be taken as advised by the doctor.
- Take the medicine with a glass of water.
- Take the medicine at a fixed time every day for optimal results.
Interactions of Lamivir 150 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affect the way the Lamivir Tablet works or Lamivir itself reduces the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor about other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking to avoid possible interactions.
- Especially if you are taking antacids, antibiotics, antiviral or sorbitol.
Storage and disposal of Lamivir 150 MG
- Store Lamivir Tablet at room temperature in a cool and dry place away from heat and moisture.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Lamivir 150 MG
If you think you have taken too much of Lamivir Tablet, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Missing a dose of Lamivir may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment. If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Lamivir Tablet if I feel better?
A: No, it may decrease the effectiveness of treatment and will increase the resistance of bacteria. Always inform your doctor if you want to stop treatment.
Q: Is Lamivir an antibiotic?
A: No, Lamivir Tablet is not an antibiotic medicine. It is an antiviral medicine used to treat various viral infections such as HIV and hepatitis B.
- LAMIVIR Tablets [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2022 [cited 13 June 2022]
- Lamivudine 100 mg Film-coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 13 June 2022]
- Lamivudine 100 mg Film-coated Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 13 June 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 13 June 2022]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed