Lamictal Dt 100mg Tab
14 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Lamictal Tablet is an anticonvulsant medication that is used in treating epilepsy and bipolar disorder. It contains lamotrigine as its active ingredient. It acts by decreasing the abnormal impulses fr
om the nerves in the brain and helps in preventing mood swings. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. You develop any rashes after taking this medicine, inform your doctor immediately. Before using the Lamictal Tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history....
Uses of Lamictal Dt 100mg Tab
Lamictal Tablet is used for the treatment for the epilepsy (seizures) and bipolar disorder.
Contraindications of Lamictal Dt 100mg Tab
If you are allergic to lamotrigine or any other active ingredients present along with it.
Side effects of Lamictal Dt 100mg Tab
- Skin rash
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Lamictal Dt 100mg Tab
Can I take the Lamictal Tablet during pregnancy?
- Use of the Lamictal Tablet during pregnancy (especially first trimester) may cause an increased risk of birth defects such as cleft lip or cleft palate.
- Thus, consult your doctor before using if you are pregnant, think you may be or are planning a pregnancy.
- Use effective contraception (condoms, a cap or a coil.) if you are a woman of childbearing age and are taking this medicine, also seek advice from your doctor.
- Do not discontinue the treatment without discussion with your doctor.
Can I take the Lamictal Tablet while breastfeeding?
Lamotrigine passes into the breastmilk and may affect your baby, thus consult your doctor before using the Lamictal Tablet while breastfeeding. If prescribed, watch out for adverse effects such as drowsiness, rash and poor weight gain.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Lamictal Tablet?
You should avoid driving while on treatment as the Lamictal Tablet may make you feel sleepy or dizzy or may cause blurred vision, lack of muscle coordination or a depressed level of consciousness.
Can I consume alcohol with the Lamictal Tablet?
Do not drink alcohol while you are using the Lamictal Tablet as it may worsen the side effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have observed any rashes after taking the Lamictal Tablet. Immediately contact your doctor or visit the nearest hospital.
- You have any behavioural changes or mood changes.
- You are suffering from a condition - Brugada syndrome.
- You have a known history of kidney problems.
- You are on a medication that contains lamotrigine.
- You develop any suicidal thoughts, contact your doctor.
- You have ever developed meningitis after taking this medicine.
Mode of Action of Lamictal Dt 100mg Tab
How Does It Work?
Lamotrigine in the Lamictal Tablet works by decreasing the impulses from the nerves in the brain that cause seizures and also mood changes.
Directions for Use of Lamictal Dt 100mg Tab
- Lamictal Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Lamictal Dt 100mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Lamictal Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially, if you are taking hormonal contraceptives, antibiotics, other medicines to treat fits or epilepsy or other psychiatric illnesses, HIV infection, etc.
Storage and disposal of Lamictal Dt 100mg Tab
- Store the Lamictal Tablet below 25°C in a dry place, protected from light.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Lamictal Dt 100mg Tab
An overdose of the Lamictal Tablet can lead to serious adverse effects such as lack of coordination, rapid, uncontrollable eye movements, unconsciousness, fits (convulsions) or coma. Thus, it should b
e immediately reported to your treating doctor or nearby hospital. Always carry the package of the tablet along with you for easy assessment of the severity of an overdose....
Missed a Dose
You should never miss a dose of the Lamictal Tablet. If you have missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with
your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is epilepsy?
A: Epilepsy is a brain-related disorder affecting people of all ages characterized by recurrent seizures that are brief episodes of involuntary movement that may involve a part of the body or the entire body. It is caused due to abnormal electrical activity in the brain and sometimes accompanied by loss of consciousness and control of bowel or bladder function.
Q: What is bipolar disorder?
A: Bipolar disorder is a brain-related condition that affects a person's mood, energy and ability to function. People may also feel abnormally happy, irritable and sad or low.
Q: What is the use of the Lamictal Tablet?
A: Lamictal Tablet is used for the treatment for the epilepsy (seizures) and bipolar disorders.
- Lamotrigine tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 7 July 2021]
- LAMETEC DT Tablets [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 7 July 2021]
- [Internet]. Hpra.ie. 2021 [cited 7 July 2021]
- CDSCO - Lamotrigine [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 7 July 2021]
- Lamotrigine tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 7 July 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 25 Aug 2021 | 08:24 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved