Lactiron Syrup 300ml
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
300ml Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Lactiron 66.6 % Description
Lactiron Syrup is used to treat constipation. It contains lactilol as its main component. Lactiron works by allowing water into the intestine making stool soft and easy to pass out from the body. It
should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Lactiron Syrup may cause some side effects such as stomach discomfort, cramps and gas, but not everybody gets them. These side effects normally go away with time, but if you feel the side effects persist, you should consult your doctor.
|Uses||Constipation, hepatic encephalopathy|
|Side effects||Nauses, abdominal cramps/discomfort, diarrhoea|
Check more medicines with composition as Lactitol(66.6 %)
Uses of Lactiron 66.6 %
- Lactiron Syrup is used in the treatment of constipation.
- It is also used to prevent hepatic encephalopathy - a decline in the brain function which occurs due to liver disease.
Contraindications of Lactiron 66.6 %
- If you are allergic to lactilol or any other ingredients of Lactiron Syrup.
- If you are suffering from intestinal obstruction (blockage in your intestine).
- If you are suffering from galactosaemia (a metabolic disorder that affects how the body processes galactose).
Side effects of Lactiron 66.6 %
- Stomach discomfort
- Abdominal cramps
- Flatulence (gas)
Precautions and Warnings of Lactiron 66.6 %
Can I take Lactiron Syrup during pregnancy?
Consult your doctor before consuming Lactiron Syrup as limited study has been done during pregnancy.
Can I take Lactiron Syrup while breastfeeding?
Due to limited study of Lactiron Syrup while breastfeeding it is recommended to consult your doctor before using it.
Can I drive if I have consumed Lactiron Syrup?
Lactiron Syrup usuallly does not affect the ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Lactiron Syrup?
There is limited information about the effects of Lactiron Syrup with alcohol, but you should avoid taking alcohol in excessive amount.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop diarrhoea or watery stools while on treatment with Lactiron Syrup.
- You need to undergo electro cauterisation procedures.
- You develop an allergic reaction or side effects after taking this medicine.
- It is not recommended in the case of ileostomy (surgical operation in the ileum).
- Do not use it for a prolonged duration without consulting the doctor.
Mode of Action of Lactiron 66.6 %
How Does It Work?
Lactiron Syrup works by making stool pass easily from the body when water is allowed into the intestine.
Directions for Use of Lactiron 66.6 %
- Take Lactiron Syrup as directed by your doctor.
- Shake well before use.
- Read the instructions on the bottle before usage.
- Patients should maintain an adequate daily fluid intake.
Interactions of Lactiron 66.6 %
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Lactiron Syrup works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking water pills, steroids, antibiotics, anacids, carbenoxolone, amphotericin B, digitalis, neomycin.
Storage and disposal of Lactiron 66.6 %
- Store Lactiron Syrup in a cool and dry place.
- Store it at room temperature.
- Do not freeze.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Lactiron 66.6 %
- Symptoms of overdose are diarrhoea and abdominal cramps. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much Lactiron Syrup, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you missed taking Lactiron Syrup during the course then take it immediately. But if it's time to take another dose then skip the missed dose and take it normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How does Lactiron Syrup work?
A: Lactiron Syrup works by allowing water into the intestine, thus making stool soft and easy to pass out from the body.
Q: What is Lactiron Syrup used for?
A: Lactiron Syrup is used in the treatment of constipation and prevent hepatic encephalopathy.
Q: Can we drink water after Lactiron Syrup?
A: Yes, you can drink water after taking Lactiron Syrup. In fact, you should maintain an adequate daily fluid intake.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed