Ketrip 25mg Tablets
Ketrip 25 MG Description
Ketrip is a prescription medication. It contains Amitriptyline. This medication is a tricyclic antidepressant. It is used to treat depression and manage neuropathic pain (pain that occurs due to dama
ge to nerves) and migraine in varying doses. Depression is associated with low mood, difficulty performing daily activities, difficulty sleeping, hopelessness, and negative feelings. These changes may be associated with altered levels of many chemical messengers in the brain, such as serotonin, dopamine, and norepinephrine. Treatment may last for several months and requires regular follow-up. The medication should be taken as per the recommendations of a trained medical professional. It is not advisable to start or stop the tablet suddenly. Withdrawal symptoms may occur on abrupt discontinuation. It is recommended to take the pill at the same time daily for maximum efficacy.
|You Save||₹3.44 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Depression, neuropathic pain, and migraine|
|Side effects||Constipation, urinary retention, Weight gain, Confusion, Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing), Tiredness, Blurred vision, Dryness in mouth|
Uses of Ketrip 25 MG
- Major Depressive Disorder
- Neuropathic pain (pain that occurs due to damage to nerves)
Contraindications of Ketrip 25 MG
- Avoid using this medication in case of hypersensitivity reactions to these medications/ inactive ingredients.
- This medication should not be used in patients with a recent history of heart conditions such as irregular heart rhythm or myocardial infarction (heart attack).
- It is contraindicated in patients with angle-closure glaucoma.
- The tablet should be discontinued before elective surgery to decrease the risk of interaction with anaesthetic agents.
- This medication decreases the seizure threshold and should be used cautiously in epilepsy/ seizure disorders patients.
- It should be used with caution in adolescents and young adults less than 24 years due to a potential increase in the risk of suicidal ideation.
Side effects of Ketrip 25 MG
- Weight Gain
- Dry mouth
- Somnolence/ Sleepiness
- Urinary retention
- Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on getting up from a lying down position)
Precautions and Warnings of Ketrip 25 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are on any other medications you are. Ketrip is metabolised using a group of enzymes that affect the blood levels of many other medications if taken at the same time.
- If you experience any sudden mood changes or suicidal ideation.
Mode of Action of Ketrip 25 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Ketrip 25 MG
- Ketrip Tablets should be taken as prescribed by the treating physician.
- It is recommended to take this medication on a regular schedule, i.e., at the same time every day, for optimal pharmacological effects of this medication.
- Swallow this medication as a whole. Do not crush, chew or break this tablet.
- Do not stop the tablet or change the dose suddenly unless advised by a doctor.
- This medication may require 2-4 weeks for onset of action. Inform your doctor regarding other medications you may be taking to review and prevent any associated effects of any medicine interaction.
Interactions of Ketrip 25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- This medication affects the heart rhythm and should not be used in addition to other medications with the same effect, as it may result in potentially life-threatening conditions. Examples include astemizole, cisapride, etc....
- This medication should not be used along with medications belonging to the class of monoamine oxidase inhibitors such as isocarboxazid, selegiline, etc. This can cause a dangerous increase in levels of serotonin....
- Ketrip should not be used with any other medications known to increase serotonin levels as it may result in a potentially fatal condition known as serotonin syndrome. These include methylene blue, tramadol, linezolid, etc. ...
- Ketrip should not be used with alcohol or other agents that act as depressants of the central nervous system.
- Ketrip should not be mixed with medications belonging to the class of opioids or benzodiazepines such as alprazolam or clonazepam.
Interactions with food items
- This medication has no specific interactions with food.
Storage and disposal of Ketrip 25 MG
Dosage of Ketrip 25 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Bhavika Shah
MBBS, MD (Dermatology), DNB (Dermatology)