Kefpod Cv 200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By GLENMARK PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Kefpod Cv Tablet is an antibiotic containing a combination of cefpodoxime and clavulanic acid that belongs to the 'Cephalosporin' and 'Beta-Lactamase' class of medicine respectively. Kefpod Cv Tablet
is used to treat bacterial infections of the throat/neck, lungs, ear, urinary tract and skin caused by various bacterial organisms. Cefpodoxime and Clavulanic acid in Kefpod Cv Tablet work in a synergistic manner to produce optimal effects by killing or inhibiting the growth of the bacteria and inactivating the enzymes released by the bacteria. Take this medicine as advised by your doctor for the prescribed duration. Do not stop taking this medicine, even if you start feeling better, as it may result in treatment failure and other consequences. The common side effects of Kefpod Cv Tablet are diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting and gas. If you feel the side effects persist or the condition worsens, you should contact your doctor immediately....
Uses of Kefpod Cv 200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Kefpod Cv Tablet is used to treat bacterial infections of different parts of the body such as the urinary tract, lungs, throat, skin, ear, reproductive tract.
Contraindications of Kefpod Cv 200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you have an allergy to cefpodoxime, clavulanic acid or any of the ingredients of Kefpod Cv Tablet.
- If you are allergic to the cephalosporin class of antibiotics. If you have an infection that is caused by the bacteria clostridium difficile....Read more
- If you have liver or kidney problems.
- If you are suffering from fits.
Side effects of Kefpod Cv 200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Kefpod Cv 200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Kefpod Cv Tablet during pregnancy?
- There is limited data available about the effect of Kefpod Cv Tablet during pregnancy. Hence, it is recommended not to take this medicine, unless it is prescribed by your doctor.
- Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or you are planning to have a baby.
Can I take Kefpod Cv Tablet while breastfeeding?
The components of Kefpod Cv Tablet pass into the breastmilk and can cause fungal infections of the mouth and diarrhoea in your baby, though not everyone experiences it. Hence, it should not be taken during breastfeeding, unless it is prescribed by your doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Kefpod Cv Tablet?
It is advisable not to drive or use machines when you have taken Kefpod Cv Tablet as it may cause dizziness.
Can I consume alcohol with Kefpod Cv Tablet?
Do not consume alcohol when taking Kefpod Cv Tablet as it can cause facial flushing, nausea, vomiting or a more severe reaction. Talk to your doctor if you take it often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of allergic reactions to antibiotics.
- You are suffering from persistent diarrhoea when on this medicine or even after discontinuing this medicine.
- You are an alcoholic.
Mode of Action of Kefpod Cv 200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Cefpodoxime controls the growth of bacteria and kills them by inhibiting the synthesis of the bacterial cell wall. However, the bacteria make an enzyme (beta-lactamases) that can destroy cefpodoxime.
- Clavulanic acid inactivates this enzyme and hence helps cefpodoxime to function optimally.
Directions for Use of Kefpod Cv 200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Kefpod Cv Tablet should be consumed as a whole with a sufficient amount of water and should be taken after meals to avoid an upset stomach. Do not stop taking this medicine abruptly, as may lead to tr
Interactions of Kefpod Cv 200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Kefpod Cv Tablet contains Cefpodoxime and clavulanic acid, any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination.
- Concomitant use of acid-lowering drugs like antacids, ranitidine, cimetidine with Kefpod Cv Tablet decrease the effect of this medicine.
- Concomitant use of Probenecid with Kefpod Cv Tablet increases the effect of this medicine.
- When medicines known to cause harm to the kidney such as amphotericin-B, vancomycin, amikacin are administered along with Kefpod Cv Tablet may increase the risk of kidney disease.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are currently taking to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Kefpod Cv 200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Kefpod Cv Tablet at or below 25°in a cool and dry place.
- Please keep it in the original packaging in order to protect it from light.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Kefpod Cv 200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- An overdose of Kefpod Cv Tablet may cause nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea; and if have kidney problems and you take more of this medicine, brain diseases (encephalopathy) may occur.
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- It is advisable not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in the failure of therapy.
- If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take Kefpod Cv Tablet?
A: You need to complete the full course of Kefpod Cv Tablet, as per your doctor's prescribed duration. If you stop it early, there may be chances of infection reoccur.
Q: I have the flu, can I take Kefpod Cv Tablet?
A: Flu is the common cold that is generally caused by viruses. This medicine only works against bacteria and not viruses. Do not self-medicate, as this antibiotic is for severe infections. Seek medical help and follow your doctor's advice.
Q: Can Kefpod Cv Tablet be used to treat throat infection?
A: Yes, Kefpod Cv Tablet can be used to treat the throat infection caused by various susceptible bacterial organisms. Your doctor might prescribe you the one based on causative organisms and their sensitivity to this medicine.
Q: Can I take Kefpod Cv Tablet without food?
A: Kefpod Cv Tablet should be taken with food to avoid an upset stomach, also it enhances the absorption of this medicine thereby consuming this medicine on an empty stomach can result in an upset stomach.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 15 Apr 2021 | 10:31 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved