Jardiance 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Jardiance 10 MG Description
Jardiance 10mg tablet is used to treat type 2 diabetes when blood sugar level cannot be controlled with diet and exercise alone. Jardiance 10mg tablet contains empagliflozin as its active ingredient.
Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor, preferably after meals. Do not stop taking this medicine, as it can result in increased blood sugar levels and complications. It is recommended to carry sugar candy along, as this medicine can cause low blood glucose levels as its side effect. If you experience signs of low blood glucose levels often, consult your doctor, he/she might alter the dose of this medicine.
Uses of Jardiance 10 MG
Contraindications of Jardiance 10 MG
Side effects of Jardiance 10 MG
- Low blood sugar
- Feeling thirsty
- Frequent urination
- Urinary tract infections
Precautions and Warnings of Jardiance 10 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are suffering from type 1 diabetes.
- You have symptoms of low blood sugar.
- You had diabetic complications such as diabetic ketoacidosis due to uncontrolled diabetes.
- You experience dehydration or have diarrhoea or fever or if you are not able to eat or drink or if you are taking medicines that increase urine production, such as blood pressure.
- You are over 75 years of age.
- You have an underlying medical condition such as kidney, liver or heart disease.
- You have altered blood levels.
- You have a urine infection.
- Jardiance 10mg tablet is not recommended in children and adolescents below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Jardiance 10 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Jardiance 10 MG
Interactions of Jardiance 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Jardiance 10mg tablet works or the Jardiance 10mg tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- In particular, if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder....
Storage and disposal of Jardiance 10 MG
- Store it below 30°C in a cool dry place.
- Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children and pets.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date.
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.
Dosage of Jardiance 10 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can the Jardiance 10mg tablet cause a urine infection?
Q: Will the Jardiance 10mg tablet cause weight loss?
Q: What time of day should I take Jardiance?
Q: How long does it take for Jardiance to work?
- Jardiance 10 mg and 25 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 5 November 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 5 November 2021]
- Empagliflozin: medicine used to treat type 2 diabetes [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2021 [cited 5 November 2021]