Jardiance 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Jardiance 10mg tablet is used to treat type 2 diabetes when blood sugar level cannot be controlled with diet and exercise alone. Jardiance 10mg tablet contains empagliflozin as its active ingredient.
Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor, preferably after meals. Do not stop taking this medicine, as it can result in increased blood sugar levels and complications. It is recommended to carry sugar candy along, as this medicine can cause low blood glucose levels as its side effect. If you experience signs of low blood glucose levels often, consult your doctor, he/she might alter the dose of this medicine....
Uses of Jardiance 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Jardiance 10mg tablet is used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes in adult patients that cannot be controlled by diet and exercise alone.
Contraindications of Jardiance 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
If you are allergic to empagliflozin or any other ingredient of the Jardiance 10mg tablet.
Side effects of Jardiance 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Low blood sugar
- Feeling thirsty
- Frequent urination
- Urinary tract infections
Precautions and Warnings of Jardiance 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take the Jardiance 10mg tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the safety of the Jardiance 10mg tablet so always take a doctor's advice before using this medicine if you are pregnant or planning to have a baby.
Can I take the Jardiance 10mg tablet while breastfeeding?
There is limited information about the safety of the Jardiance 10mg tablet in lactating mothers. Thus, it is recommended to avoid this medicine while breastfeeding. Consult a doctor before using, if you are breastfeeding your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Jardiance 10mg tablet?
If you feel dizzy after taking the Jardiance 10mg tablet, avoid driving. You may experience decreased blood sugar levels, thus keep sugar candy or any sweet juices handy.
Can I consume alcohol with the Jardiance 10mg tablet?
Chances of dizziness and hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) increase if you take the Jardiance 10mg tablet with alcohol. Thus, it is recommended to avoid alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are suffering from type 1 diabetes.
- You have symptoms of low blood sugar.
- You had diabetic complications such as diabetic ketoacidosis due to uncontrolled diabetes.
- You experience dehydration or have diarrhoea or fever or if you are not able to eat or drink or if you are taking medicines that increase urine production, such as blood pressure.
- You are over 75 years of age.
- You have an underlying medical condition such as kidney, liver or heart disease.
- You have altered blood levels.
- You have a urine infection.
- Jardiance 10mg tablet is not recommended in children and adolescents below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Jardiance 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
In Type 2 diabetes your pancreas does not produce enough insulin to control the level of glucose in your blood and thus your body is unable to utilize its insulin effectively. Certain protein like sod
ium-glucose co-transporter-2 (SGLT2) in the kidney, helps to maintain blood sugar levels by retaining glucose from urine. Jardiance 10mg tablet medicine blocks the SGLT2 protein in your kidneys. This causes an excess of blood sugar to be removed from your urine. Thereby this medicine lowers the amount of sugar in your blood....
Directions for Use of Jardiance 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Jardiance 10mg tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed
by your doctor....
Interactions of Jardiance 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Jardiance 10mg tablet works or the Jardiance 10mg tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- In particular, if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder....Read more
Storage and disposal of Jardiance 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store it below 30°C in a cool dry place.
- Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children and pets.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date.
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.
Dosage of Jardiance 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, reach out to your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed any dose of the Jardiance 10mg tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do
not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can the Jardiance 10mg tablet cause a urine infection?
A: Yes, the Jardiance 10mg tablet can cause urinary tract infection in some individuals, as its common side effect. You may experience symptoms such as a burning sensation when passing urine, urine that appears cloudy, pain in the pelvis and lower abdomen or mid-back pain.
Q: Will the Jardiance 10mg tablet cause weight loss?
A: No, the Jardiance 10mg tablet is not known to cause weight loss. You must exercise daily along with diet to reduce weight along with good control over sugar levels.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 16 Jul 2021 | 06:46 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved