Ivepred 16mg Tablet
By SUN PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ivepred 16 tablet contains methylprednisolone, a steroid as an active ingredient. Ivepred tablet is used in various conditions like skin allergies, asthma and lung-related problems. Methylprednisolone acts by decreasing the immune response by altering the action of the chemical substance responsible for allergies and inflammatory conditions. You should take this medicine in the correct dose and for the exact duration as prescribed by your doctor. It is advised to complete the full course of the treatment as per the doctor's directions. Incomplete treatment may result in worsening health conditions. Your doctor will gradually decrease the dose of the medicine. Before using the Ivepred 16 tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history. Inform your doctor if you have taken any vaccination or have a vaccination scheduled....
|You Save||₹18.01 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Methylprednisone / Methylprednisolone(16.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Allergic and inflammatory conditions|
|Side effects||Increased risk for infections, stomach ulcers, acne|
Check more medicines with composition as Methylprednisone / Methylprednisolone(16.0 Mg)
2 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Ivepred 16mg Tablet
Uses of Ivepred 16 MG
Ivepred 16 Tablet is used for the treatment and/or suppression of inflammatory and allergic disorders associated with different organs. It is also helpful in various allergic ailments like asthma, skin allergies....
Contraindications of Ivepred 16 MG
- If you are allergic to methylprednisolone, steroids or any other components of the Ivepred 16 tablet.
- If you are suffering from any kind of severe fungal infection such as infection of the lungs, throat or food pipe.
- If you have any untreated infection.
- If you recently had or have an upcoming vaccination scheduled.
Side effects of Ivepred 16 MG
- Increased risk for infections
- Stomach ulcers
- Muscle weakness
- Mood disorders
- Thinning of the skin
- High blood pressure
Precautions and Warnings of Ivepred 16 MG
Can I take the Ivepred 16 tablet during pregnancy?
Pregnant women should not take the Ivepred 16 tablet as it can lead to low birth weight, abnormal growth in the unborn baby. Cases of cataracts have been observed in babies born to mothers taking these steroids for the long term. Thus, unless your doctor feels that the benefits of taking this medicine outweigh the risks to the foetus, a pregnant woman should not take this medicine.
Can I take the Ivepred 16 tablet while breastfeeding?
Ivepred 16 tablets may pass into the breastmilk in small amounts. Hence, the use of this medicine is not recommended during breastfeeding unless it is absolutely necessary.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Ivepred 16 tablet?
Ivepred 16 tablet can cause confusion, dizziness and mental problems. Therefore, if you experience any of these symptoms after taking this medicine, do not drive.
Can I consume alcohol with the Ivepred 16 tablet?
There is no known interaction of the Ivepred 16 tablet with alcohol. It is advisable to consult your doctor before taking it.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your heart, stomach, intestines, pancreas, liver or kidney.
- You develop any skin allergies after taking the Ivepred 16 tablet.
- You are diabetic or have tuberculosis.
- You are experiencing mood disturbances, fits and other psychiatric problems including suicidal thoughts.
- You have glaucoma or are experiencing visual disturbances and eye infections. Upon long-term use, there is a probability that you may develop a cataract.
- You are elderly, you have a heart problem, high blood pressure and cholesterol, blood clotting problems, liver and kidney diseases.
- You are suffering from a condition causing muscle weakness or have osteoporosis.
- You are suffering from Cushing’s disease, Pheochromocytoma, Scleroderma or Kaposi’s sarcoma.
- It can impair the fertility of an individual.
- Ivepred 16 tablet can make you more prone to infections, in case you already have an infection like a fungal infection, you have measles or chickenpox or you are taking medicines to suppress the immune response, It is advisable to discuss your condition with a doctor....
- Children and adolescents receiving steroids should be observed for growth abnormalities as steroids can retard the growth.
Mode of Action of Ivepred 16 MG
How Does It Work?
- Ivepred 16 tablet is effective against many diseases and works by reducing swelling, pain and redness. Methylprednisolone is a man-made steroid. It acts by suppressing the immune response in allergies and inflammation....
Directions for Use of Ivepred 16 MG
- Take the Ivepred 16 tablet exactly as prescribed by your physician.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
Interactions of Ivepred 16 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Ivepred 16 tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Especially, if you are taking anti-tubercular medicines, antibiotics, antihypertensive medicines, oral contraceptives, antacids and antidiabetic medicines....
- Immunosuppressants like Ciclosporin and Tacrolimus, you are more likely to experience side effects of either of the medicine.
- Concomitant use of painkillers can cause the risk of stomach bleeding.
- Medicines used to treat muscle disorders (myasthenia gravis or muscle weakness) such as Distigmine, Neostigmine and Pancuronium, if taken along with the Ivepred 16 tablet, can lead to muscle weakness.
Interactions with food items
Avoid having grapefruit juice while taking the Ivepred 16 tablet.
Storage and disposal of Ivepred 16 MG
- Store the Ivepred 16 tablet at room temperature and away from extreme heat and moisture.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Ivepred 16 MG
Taking more than the prescribed dose can cause side effects, which can become severe over time. If you think you have taken too much of the Ivepred 16 tablet contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember unless it's time for your next dose. Do not take a double dose of the Ivepred 16 tablet to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does Ivepred tablet affect vaccinations?
A: Ivepred 16 tablet can reduce the effectiveness of live or weakened vaccines. Hence, it is advisable to consult your doctor before taking any vaccine.
Q: Can I stop taking the Ivepred 16 tablet on my own if I feel my symptoms are recovering?
A: No, steroids therapy should not be stopped abruptly, your doctor will gradually reduce your dose before completely withdrawing this therapy.
Q: Is Ivepred 16 tablet a steroid?
A: Yes, Ivepred tablet is a steroid, which reduces inflammation (redness and swelling) and allergies by inhibiting the release of certain chemical messengers responsible for the condition.
- CDSCO - Methylprednisolone [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 18 January 2022]
- Medrone 2mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 18 January 2022]
- Lactmed - Methylprednisolone [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 18 January 2022]
- Medrone 2mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 18 January 2022]
Country of Origin
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.