Isotroin 5mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
By CIPLA LIMITED
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Isotroin 5mg Capsule 10'S is a form of vitamin A medication that is also known as an anti-acne medicine and is used to treat acne. The generic name of the medicine is isotretinoin.
Uses of Isotroin 5mg Capsule 10'S
The uses of Isotroin 5mg Capsule 10'S are in the treatment of skin cancer and acne (especially nodular acne).
Contraindications of Isotroin 5mg Capsule 10'S
- Allergic to it or its constituents
- Liver diseases
- High levels of lipids (cholesterol) in blood
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women
- High levels of vitamin A in the body
- On the prescription of tetracyclines (a type of antibiotics)
Side effects of Isotroin 5mg Capsule 10'S
- Temporary worsening of acne
- Severe allergic reactions
- Chapped lips
- Dry eyes, mouth, or skin
- Dry nose that may lead to nosebleeds
- Dizziness or drowsiness
- Chapped lips
- Hearing problems or ringing sensation in the ears and vision issues
- Severe psychological disturbances including suicidal tendencies
- Stomach and pancreatic disorders
- Kidney problems
- Abnormal hair growth
- Bleeding, redness or swelling of the gums
- Pain in bones
- Growth problems in children
Precautions and Warnings of Isotroin 5mg Capsule 10'S
Can I take the medicine during pregnancy?
It is highly dangerous to use this medicine during pregnancy as it may cause serious harm to the foetus.
Can I take the medicine while breastfeeding?
Do not use this medication during breastfeeding as it is known to pass via the breastmilk to the infant.
Can I drive if I have consumed the medicine?
Do not drive at night after administering this medicine as it is known to inhibit night vision.
Can I consume alcohol with the medicine?
Consumption of alcoholic beverages along with Isotroin 5mg Capsule 10'S may cause side effects such as faster heartbeats, nausea and vomiting; hence, kindly avoid alcohol during the administration of this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are pregnant or became pregnant during the administration of this medicine
- You experience depression, suicidal thoughts, headache, vomiting and mood swings after its administration
- This medicine is known to cause dryness and increased senstivity to skin. It is better to use a moisturiser and sunscreen while going out in the sun. Do not start, alter or stop this medicine on your own. Take precaution in the administration of this medicine to paediatric patients. Do not suggest this medicine to anyone with similar symptoms. The use of this medicine is restricted to prescriptional use only. Consult your doctor on the completion of the treatment and get follow-up tests for liver enzymes and cholestrolread less
Mode of Action of Isotroin 5mg Capsule 10'S
How Does It Work?
The composition of Isotroin 5mg Capsule 10'S reduces the oil secreted by the oil glands on the skin, thereby renewing the skin more quickly.
Directions for Use of Isotroin 5mg Capsule 10'S
Administer the dosage of Isotroin 5mg Capsule 10'S as prescribed by your doctor. Do not overdose yourself with this medicine. This medicine is for oral use only and it should be swallowed (not chewed, crushed or broken) whole with water.
Interactions of Isotroin 5mg Capsule 10'S
Interactions with other medicines
- Other forms of vitamin A (can lead to overdose)
- Anticonvulsion medicines (decrease the effect of this medicine)
- Tetracycline (it can develop additive effects)
- Contraceptive pills
Interactions with food items
This medicine does not interact with any food; however, it is advisable to avoid the intake of junk and oily food for optimum results.
Other general Interactions
This medicine is known to have interactions with medical conditions such as liver disease and high levels of cholesterol.
Storage and disposal of Isotroin 5mg Capsule 10'S
This medicine needs to be stored in a closed container (preferably cool and dry place) far away from heat, moisture and the reach of children. Kindly avoid using this medicine beyond the date of expiry. Follow medical waste management instructions when disposing this medicine.
Dosage of Isotroin 5mg Capsule 10'S
This medicine should be used at equally measured doses. The overdose of Isotroin 5mg Capsule 10'S may lead to adverse side effects such as vomiting, headache, dizziness, facial flushing, loss of balance and stomach pain.
Missed a Dose
Kindly avoid missing the dose. In the case of missed dose, try to administer this medicine as soon as you realise it. But if it is time for the upcoming dose, the missed dose can be skipped. Do not compensate for it by doubling the dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What information should I give my healthcare provider when starting this medicine?
A: Kindly report your complete medical/surgical history, any history of liver and kidneys disorders, pregnancy or if you are planning to start a family to your doctor before starting this medicine.
Q: What is the ideal dosage of this medicine?
A: The dosage of Isotroin 5mg Capsule 10'S varies from person to person depending upon the type, severity and test results of the individual. Consult your doctor for more details about the same.
Q: Can this medicine be used for children?
A: This medicine can be used by children above 12 years of age, consult your doctor for the appropriate dosage of this medication for children below 12 years.
Q: How long should I take this medicine?
A: The duration of this medicine is determined and prescribed by your doctor. Consult your doctor for more details on the same.
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 03:42 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved