Ismo 10mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
By ABBOTT HEALTHCARE PVT LTD
30 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ismo Tablet contains Isosorbide mononitrate as its active ingredient. Ismo Tablet belongs to a class of medicines called 'coronary vasodilators'. It is used for the prevention of chest pain or angina
due to reduced blood supply to the heart, for the treatment of Coronary heart disease (a heart condition where there is reduced blood and oxygen supply to the heart). Other uses of this medicine include pulmonary hypertension (raised blood pressure in the blood vessels of the lungs) and as a followup treatment after a heart attack. Before taking this tablet you should tell your doctor if you are allergic to this medicine, similar medicines or medicines containing nitroglycerin. Take this medicine regularly along with making certain lifestyle modifications for better heart health....
Uses of Ismo 10mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
- For the prevention of angina attacks.
- For the treatment of coronary heart diseases.
- As a followup treatment post-heart attack.
- For the treatment of pulmonary hypertension.
Contraindications of Ismo 10mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
Known allergy to isosorbide mononitrate or any ingredients of this medicine. If you have low blood pressure, acute heart attack, bleeding inside the brain. If you have any other heart condition or d
isorder of heart muscle and narrowed heart valves. If you have less volume of blood in your body or had a head injury. If you have a problem with blood circulation or shock or circulatory failure. If you have or had a head injury (trauma) or an eye condition (glaucoma)....
Side effects of Ismo 10mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
- Lack of energy
- Low blood pressure
- Rapid heartbeats
Precautions and Warnings of Ismo 10mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
Can I take Ismo Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information available on the safety of this medicine during pregnancy. Hence, it is preferable not to take this medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take Ismo Tablet while breastfeeding?
Breastfeeding should be discontinued while taking Ismo Tablet.
Can I drive if I have consumed Ismo Tablet?
This medicine can cause a drop in blood pressure that can lead to dizziness, mainly during the beginning of the treatment. It can also give headache and affect your vision, hence it is advisable to avoid driving if affected.
Can I consume alcohol with Ismo Tablet?
Do not consume alcohol with this medicine as it can lead to a significant drop in blood pressure and cause dizziness, fainting and headache.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have low blood pressure or conditions that can lead to reduced blood pressure such as shock, thyroid disorder, anaemia, increased pressure inside the brain or more susceptible to faint upon reduced blood flow....Read more
- Your thyroid gland is not working properly and producing less thyroid hormones.
- You are weak and malnourished, have kidney or liver disorder.
- You have very low body temperature or poor blood circulation.
- This medicine is not helpful in controlling sudden angina attacks or episodes of angina once it has begun.
Mode of Action of Ismo 10mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Isosorbide mononitrate present in this medicine releases nitric oxide in the body once it gets metabolised in the body. It then relaxes the blood vessels and improves blood and oxygen supply to the he
art. It also reduces the load on the heart and makes it work efficiently....
Directions for Use of Ismo 10mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
- Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
- You should take this at the same time for effective results.
Interactions of Ismo 10mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of medicines used for erectile dysfunction such as Sildenafil, Alprostadil with Ismo Tablet can increase vasodilation and lower the blood pressure. This can sometimes result in life-threatening conditions like a heart attack....Read more
- Medicines used to lower blood pressure such as beta-blockers (atenolol, propranolol), calcium channel blockers (nifedipine, diltiazem), vasodilators (glycerol trinitrate, methyldopa), angiotensin receptor blockers (olmesartan medoxomil, candesartan cilexetil) can result in a significant reduction in blood pressure....Read more
- Certain medicines used for the treatment of mood disorders, psychosis and migraine should be used cautiously and the patient should be watched for the symptoms of hypotension.
- Any other medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take should be informed to your doctor.
Storage and disposal of Ismo 10mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
- Store Ismo Tablet below 30°C in its original container.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Ismo 10mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
Taking too much of Ismo Tablet may lead to very low blood pressure and can make you feel sick, dizzy and faint. An excessive overdose can lead to coma or collapse and immediate measures should be take
n in order to revive the patient. If you happen to take too much of this medicine, contact your doctor or reach out to the nearby hospital immediately....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking your medicine, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is nearly time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Never ta
ke two doses of this medicine to compensate for the missed dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Ismo Tablet be cut in half?
A: Yes, it comes in a form of dividable tablets. However, you should not break this medicine in two halves unless told by your doctor. Taking excess or less medicine can lead to side effects or reduced action. This can ultimately impact treatment.
Q: What is the composition of Ismo Tablet?
A: This medicine contains Isosorbide mononitrate as its active ingredient.
Q: How does Ismo Tablet work?
A: Ismo Tablet releases nitric oxide once it gets metabolised in the body. Nitric oxide causes vasodilation, relaxes blood vessels, reduces the blood pressure and load on the heart.
Last Updated on: 03 Mar 2021 | 11:22 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved