Involym 408mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
By LA PRISTINE BIOCEUTICALS PVT LTD
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Involym capsule contains an antibiotic known as Lymecycline. It used for the treatment of skin infections like acne. It interferes with the growth and multiplication of bacteria and damages them. Do not take this medicine if you are allergic to it, having kidney problems, are pregnant or breastfeeding. Involym capsule should not be used in children below eight years of age. Inform your doctor about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from before starting this medicine.
Uses of Involym 408mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
Involym capsule is used for the treatment of acne. It is also used to treat other bacterial infections in the body.
Contraindications of Involym 408mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
- If you are allergic to any of the contents of the Involym capsule.
- If you have any kidney problems.
- If you are pregnant or planning to have a baby.
- If you are using other medicines like retinoids (other medicines to treat acne).
- Do not use this medicine in children below 8 years of age as it may increase the risk of permanent damage to tooth enamel and discolouration.
Side effects of Involym 408mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Involym 408mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
Can I take an Involym capsule during pregnancy?
Involym capsule may cause harm to the unborn baby. So, it is advisable not to use this medicine if you are pregnant or planning to have a baby.
Can I take Involym capsules while breastfeeding?
Involym capsule passes into breast milk and can adversely affect your baby, so do not use this medicine if you are breastfeeding your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Involym capsules?
There is limited information about the effects of the Involym capsule on driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Involym capsules?
Consuming alcohol is not advisable as it increases acne and may also cause more damage to the liver and kidney.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any liver or kidney problem.
- You have Systemic lupus erythematosus (an allergic condition that produces joint pain, skin rashes, fever).
- You have a condition named Myasthenia gravis (a condition causing muscle weakness).
- You must avoid being in the sunlight for too long.
Mode of Action of Involym 408mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
How Does It Work?
Bacteria produce infections of minor glands situated on the skin and blocks them, due to which infectious material gets accumulated in them and produces blackheads or whiteheads. They are also called pimples or spots. Lymecycline attacks these bacteria. Bacteria needs protein for their growth and development. Lymecycline interferes with this protein synthesis process in the bacteria and blocks their multiplication and damages them.
Directions for Use of Involym 408mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
Involym capsule should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It can be taken on an empty stomach. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor. Even after improvement of symptoms continue taking this medicine for the period your doctor has prescribed to control the symptoms and as a preventive measure.
Interactions of Involym 408mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of oral retinoids or Vitamin A (medicines for skin problems) with this medicine increases the risk of side effects.
- The risk of haemorrhage increases when the Involym capsules are used together with blood thinners such as Warfarin.
- The effect of Diuretics (used in kidney diseases, heart problems and high blood pressure) and Penicillin (antibiotic medicine) is altered when used with this medicine together.
- Methoxyflurane (anaesthetic medicine) and the Involym capsule when used together can result in severe toxic reactions in the kidney.
- Concomitant use of Involym capsules and Lithium (used for mental illness) should be avoided as this medicine may increases the level of lithium which can be dangerous.
- Wait for at least two hours after taking medicines like indigestion medicines, ulcer healing medicines, Quinapril (used for high blood pressure), supplements containing calcium, aluminium, magnesium, zinc or iron.read less
- Tell your doctor about any of the other medicines you are taking which includes medicine without prescription and herbal medicines as well, as these medicines may alter the effectiveness of Involym capsules or increase the chances of side effects.read less
Storage and disposal of Involym 408mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Store Involym capsules below 25°C in the original packaging.
- Keep this medicine out of sight and reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after its expiry date.
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.
Dosage of Involym 408mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
If you think you have taken too much of the Involym capsule, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. An overdose of this medicine may increase the chances of side effects.
Missed a Dose
If you forget a dose of Involym capsule, take it as soon as you remember it. However, if it is nearly time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to make up for the forgotten dose. Do not stop taking this medicine without your doctor’s advice, as this may result in a flare-up of symptoms.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of the Involym capsule?
A: Involym capsule is used for the treatment of acne. It is also used to treat other bacterial infections in the body.
Q: How does the Involym capsule work?
A: Lymecycline works by attacking the acne-causing bacteria. Bacteria needs protein for their growth and development. Lymecycline interferes with this protein synthesis process in the bacteria and blocks their multiplication, and damages them.
Q: Can I use an Involym capsule if I am having a kidney problem?
A: No, the Involym capsule should be used with caution in patients suffering from liver or kidney problems as it may worsen your condition. Your doctor may advise a blood test to see the liver and kidney at the start and during the treatment with this medicine.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 29 Apr 2021 | 10:43 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved