Inh 300mg Tablets
Inh 300 MG Description
Inh 300mg tablet falls under the category of “antibiotics” used to manage Tuberculosis. It contains “Isoniazid,” which works by killing the organisms that cause tuberculosis (Mycobacterium tuberculos
is). Usually, it is taken in combination with other medicines to prevent the spread of infection more efficiently. It is important to not leave the course of medicine in between, even if optimum health is attained. Make sure to complete the treatment protocol prescribed by the doctor, as not doing so may result in the treatment failing as well as the occurrence of side effects. Some commonly encountered side effects of Inh 300mg tablet include tingling sensation and numbness in hands and feet. Report the doctor in case of yellowing of eyes, nail beds, dark urine, pain in stomach and joints as it may be associated with jaundice. In some cases, the occurrence of hepatitis and increased liver enzymes are also noticed as side effects. Do not delay reporting it to the doctor, as these side effects may require appropriate treatment and medical attention. The doctor regularly monitors the liver functions while keeping the patient on Inh 300mg tablets. Try not to consume alcohol while consuming Inh 300mg tablets, as this may cause adverse side effects and can worsen the condition. Pregnant and breastfeeding mothers must consult the doctor before consumption of the Inh 300mg tablet.
|You Save||₹48.30 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Pulmonary tuberculosis, extrapulmonary tuberculosis|
|Side effects||Nausea, loss of appetite, unusual tiredness, convulsions, dark urine, mental depression, skin rash, pain in joints, unusual bleeding, unusual bruising.|
Uses of Inh 300 MG
- Pulmonary tuberculosis (within the lungs)
- Extrapulmonary tuberculosis (outside the lungs)
Contraindications of Inh 300 MG
Side effects of Inh 300 MG
- Dark urine
- Loss of appetite
- Unusual tiredness
- Mental depression
- Skin rash
- Pain in joints
- Unusual bleeding
- Unusual bruising
- Tingling or numbness of hands and feet
Precautions and Warnings of Inh 300 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are diagnosed with Liver impairment – The use of Inh 300mg tablets is not well established in patients with liver impairment due to the increased risk of occurrence of severe side effects. Regular monitoring of liver function tests, dose adjustments, and appropriate substitution of medicines must be made if needed, according to the patient's condition....
- You are diagnosed with Renal impairment – The use of Inh 300mg tablets is not well established in patients with renal impairment due to its severe side effects on the patient's body. Regular monitoring of renal function tests, dose adjustments, and appropriate substitution of medicines must be made if needed, according to the patient's condition....
Mode of Action of Inh 300 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Inh 300 MG
- Take the Inh 300mg tablet as per the doctor's directions.
- Swallow one tablet as a whole.
- Inh 300mg tablet is generally taken on an empty stomach.
- Avoid chewing, breaking, or crushing the tablet.
Interactions of Inh 300 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Inh 300mg tablet may show interactions with the following medications:
Interactions with food items
- While using Inh 300mg tablet, avoid foods containing tyramine (such as aged cheese, soy sauce, red wine, etc.) and chocolates.
Storage and disposal of Inh 300 MG
Dosage of Inh 300 MG
- In case of a suspected overdose, seek emergency help as the overdose may be associated with many symptoms like seizures, metabolic acidosis, coma, and even death.
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Inh 300mg tablet an antibiotic?
Q: Can Inh 300mg tablet be used as a chemotherapy medication?
- No. Inh 300mg tablet is an antibiotic for tuberculosis. Make sure not to confuse it with any chemotherapy medication to cure cancer.