Hucog 5000iu Injection
By BHARAT SERUMS & VACCINES LTD
1ml Injection in Dry Vial
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Hucog 5000iu Injection contains human chorionic gonadotropin as an active ingredient. It is used in treating infertility in both men and women. This medicine will be given to you by a doctor or nurse. Avoid self-injecting this medicine. Before starting this medicine, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting this medicine....
|You Save||₹78.65 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Human Chorionic Gonadotrophin (Hcg)(5000.0 Iu)|
|Classification||DRUGS FOR INFERTILITY|
Check more medicines with composition as Human Chorionic Gonadotrophin (Hcg)(5000.0 Iu)
Uses of Hucog 5000 IU
- Hucog 5000iu Injection is similar to a hormone that helps in the normal development of an egg in an ovary of women and activates the release of an egg during ovulation.
- It helps women in treating infertility (unable to get pregnant).
- It is also used in men to increase sperm count.
- This medicine is also used to help certain boys in normal sexual development.
Contraindications of Hucog 5000 IU
- If you are allergic to human chorionic gonadotropin or any of the other ingredients of Hucog 5000iu Injection.
- If you have a tumor of the hypothalamus or pituitary gland (in the brain).
- If you have a cyst in the ovaries.
- If you have vaginal bleeding due to an unknown reason.
- If you have breast, ovaries or womb cancer.
- If you had an extrauterine pregnancy (pregnancy outside of your womb) recently.
- If you have swelling of your veins or blood clotting of your veins.
- If you are unable to get pregnant due to menopause, or early menopause or abnormal functions of sexual organs.
Side effects of Hucog 5000 IU
- Injection site pain, redness, swelling
- Headache, fatigue
- Vomiting, nausea
- Stomach pain, diarrhoea
- Irritation, restlessness
- Breast pain
- Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome (ovaries may have overreacted to the medicine and large cyst may be developed)
- Precocious puberty (a condition wherein a child’s body starts changing into an adult too early), enlarged breast in men
- Allergic reactions
- Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (a condition in women who take medicines to get pregnant)
- Blood clotting problems
Precautions and Warnings of Hucog 5000 IU
Can I take Hucog 5000iu Injection during pregnancy?
You should not take this medicine during pregnancy, as limited information is available about its safety in pregnancy. You should consult your doctor before using this medicine during pregnancy or if you think you may be pregnant.
Can I take Hucog 5000iu Injection while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if this medicine passes in breast milk or not. Hence, you should not breastfeed while taking this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Hucog 5000iu Injection?
It is not expected that this medicine will affect your ability to drive, but if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert, then avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Hucog 5000iu Injection?
There is limited information about the effects of this medicine on alcohol, but avoid taking alcohol in excessive amounts.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any blood clot problems like swelling of your veins or blood clotting in your veins.
- Before starting the medicine, you and your partner should get the fertility test done.
- The risk of getting Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome (OHSS) may increase.
- When taking this medicine, you may be at the risk of being pregnant with more than one child (twins, triplets).
- You should have an early ultrasound done to check for the possibility of (ectopic pregnancy) pregnancy outside the womb.
- The risk of miscarriage may increase when using Assisted Reproductive Techniques (ART) to get pregnant as compared to normal pregnancy.
- When you get a pregnancy test done using a serum or urine while using this medicine or even 10 days after using it, there may be a possibility that you get a false-positive test result.
- This medicine should not be used in children and adolescents.
Mode of Action of Hucog 5000 IU
How Does It Work?
- This medicine is similar to a hormone that is naturally found in your body called chorionic gonadotropin, which helps in reproduction and fertility.
- Hucog 5000iu Injection binds on the ovary cells to a receptor in the body that is shared with a hormone called luteinising hormone which helps in pregnancy and puberty.
Directions for Use of Hucog 5000 IU
- This medicine will be given in the hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection.
- Do not self-inject this medicine.
- Follow the instructions suggested by your doctor or nurse during the procedure or for aftercare.
Interactions of Hucog 5000 IU
Interactions with other medicines
- Hucog 5000iu Injection may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- No significant interactions have been reported, but when this medication is used in females together with menotropins to treat infertility, it may cause multiple births (twins, triplets).
Storage and disposal of Hucog 5000 IU
- Store this injection under the conditions mentioned on the pack.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Hucog 5000 IU
The doctor and nurse usually give this injection; the chances of overdose are less because the treatment and the dose will be specific to the patient. However, in case of any discomfort after or during the treatment with this medicine, it should be informed immediately to the doctor....
Missed a Dose
The doctor or nurse usually gives this injection in the hospital or a clinic. Therefore, the chances of missing a dose are less. However, if you feel that a dose has been missed, then please inform your doctor and nurse....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Hucog 5000iu Injection by myself?
A: No, this medicine will be administered to you by a healthcare professional.
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Hucog 5000iu Injection?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform your doctor if you have liver or kidney disease.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby.
- This medicine may interact with other medicines, hence inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines, including supplements or herbal products. Also, inform your doctor if you are stopping any medicine....
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.