Heptidin 4mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Heptidin 4 MG Description
Heptidin Tablet contains cyproheptadine that belongs to a class of antihistamine (anti-allergy) medicines. It is used to treat different types of allergic reactions. Inform the doctor if you are preg
nant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and regarding the medicines and supplements you take and the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting the medicine.
- Biopron Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Leeford Healthcare Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 17.60₹ 14.0827.32% CHEAPER₹ 1.41/Tablet
- Practin 4mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 44.94₹ 41.80₹ 4.18/Tablet
- Peritol Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Themis Medicare Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 31.46₹ 31.46₹ 3.15/Tablet
- Ciplactin 4mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Cipla Gx15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 53.93₹ 45.85₹ 3.06/Tablet
Uses of Heptidin 4 MG
Contraindications of Heptidin 4 MG
- If you are allergic to cyproheptadine or other ingredients of Heptidin Tablet.
- If you have stomach ulcers or a condition where the stomach emptying is blocked.
- If you are unable to urinate (occurs in the male patient due to growth of the prostate gland).
- If you have narrow-angle glaucoma (high pressure in the eye).
- If you are taking medicines like selegiline, phenelzine.
- If you have other allergies.
- If you are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Heptidin 4 MG
Precautions and Warnings of Heptidin 4 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any heart diseases, high blood pressure.
- You have bronchial asthma, thyroid.
- You have increased pressure inside the eye.
- You have problems with the kidney, stomach or intestines.
- You suffer difficulty in urinating due to expanded prostate gland (occurs in men).
- You are above 60 years, as elderly patients may be more prone to side effects like dizziness, giddiness and trouble breathing.
- Heptidin Tablet, when given to children, may cause excitation. You must be careful while giving the medicine to young children.
Mode of Action of Heptidin 4 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Heptidin 4 MG
- Take as directed by the doctor.
- Swallow as a whole with a glass of water, with or without food. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- Take it at the same time every day for optimal results and avoid consuming it more than prescribed by the doctor
Interactions of Heptidin 4 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Heptidin Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals that you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder. Avoid using the medicine with other anti-allergic medications applied to the skin as they may cause an increase in the side effects....
- You must let the doctor or the laboratory person know that you are using meclizine while going for a lab test, as the medicine may interfere with the lab tests.
Storage and disposal of Heptidin 4 MG
- Store below 25°C at a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Heptidin 4 MG
- An overdose of the medicine may cause sleepiness, dizziness, confusion, restlessness, excitation, nervousness, shaking, fits, hallucinations, dry mouth, fixed or widened pupils, redness, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, constipation....
- In addition to the above symptoms, an overdose of the medicine may cause trouble in breathing, heart failure in newborn or young babies.
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed taking a dose of Heptidin Tablet, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with the regular dose schedule.
- Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What must I let my healthcare expert know before taking the medicine?
- Discuss with the doctor the detailed medical and surgical history.
- Discuss with the doctor if you have liver or kidney disease.
- Discuss with the doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby.
- It may interact with other medicines, inform the doctor if you are taking other medicines, including supplements or herbal products. Discuss with the doctor if you are stopping the medicine.