Halotop S Ointment 30gm
Halotop S Ointment 30gm Description
Halotop S Ointment is a topical medicine used for the management of plaque psoriasis. Psoriasis is a chronic skin disease that causes red, itchy, scaly patches, most commonly seen on the elbows, trun
k, knees, and scalp. This medication is available as an ointment to apply topically on the skin. Halotop S Ointment contains Salicylic Acid and Halobetasol/Ulobetasol as their active ingredients. This combination of medicine works by reducing the production of chemical transmitters responsible for swelling and itching. It is to be applied exactly as suggested by the physician. It is available as an ointment/cream. Avoid contact with medicine on your eyes, nose and mouth. The physician should be consulted immediately if the patient experiences any side effects, the condition worsens or in case of allergic side effects. The medicine should be continued for as long as your doctor recommends. It is essential to follow the complete course of treatment; otherwise, your symptoms could reappear. Inform your doctor about all your current prescription medicines and pre-existing medical illnesses.
|You Save||₹44.85 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Salicylic Acid(3.0 %) + Halobetasol / Ulobetasol(0.05 %)|
|Uses||Management of Plaque Psoriasis.|
|Side effects||Burning, Itching, Irritation, Redness, or Dryness of the Skin, Allergic Reactions; Burning Sensation at the site of application, Change in Skin Colour.|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR PSORIASIS|
- Halox S Oint 10gmBy Sun Pharma10g Ointment in TubeMRP 155.00₹ 131.75₹
- Halox S Oint 20gmBy Sun Pharma20g Ointment in TubeMRP 270.00₹ 229.50₹
Uses of Halotop S Ointment 30gm
Contraindications of Halotop S Ointment 30gm
- If you are allergic to any component of the Halotop S Ointment, i.e. Salicylic Acid and Halobetasol.
- If you have Cushing's syndrome.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Side effects of Halotop S Ointment 30gm
- Burning, Itching, Irritation, Redness, or Dryness of the Skin.
- Allergic Reactions
- Burning Sensation at the site of application.
- Change in Skin Colour.
Precautions and Warnings of Halotop S Ointment 30gm
Other General Warnings
- You have any allergic reactions after taking the Halotop S Ointment.
- You are breastfeeding or pregnant.
- Your symptoms do not get resolved, or your condition worsens.
- You have long term cardiac, liver, and kidney disease.
Mode of Action of Halotop S Ointment 30gm
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Halotop S Ointment 30gm
- Halotop S Ointment is for external use only.
- Apply a thin layer of Halotop S Ointment over the affected area or as prescribed by the doctor.
- Apply Halotop S Ointment onto the infected area only.
- Avoid contact with eyes, nose and mouth.
- Until your doctor advises, there is no need to use a dressing or bandage.
- Wash your hands before and after the application of Halotop S Ointment.
- Avoid application of Halotop S Ointment on damaged or broken skin
Interactions of Halotop S Ointment 30gm
Interactions with other medicines
- Talk to your doctor about what prescription and non-prescription medications, herbal products, and nutritional supplements you’re taking or plan to take as there is a chance of medicine interaction. Other medicines can interact with Halotop S Ointment, making it less effective or increasing side effects....
Storage and disposal of Halotop S Ointment 30gm
Dosage of Halotop S Ointment 30gm
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I apply more Halotop S Ointment at once to relieve my symptoms quickly?
Q: Can I discontinue applying Halotop S Ointment on my own after I see improvement in my skin condition?
- Drugs H. Halobetasol Topical: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 24 May 2022]
- Awad N, Preuss C. Halobetasol Cream [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 24 May 2022]
- Drugs H. Salicylic Acid Topical: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 24 May 2022]
- [Internet]. 2022 [cited 24 May 2022]