Grandem Syp 10ml
By ARISTO PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
10ml Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Grandem syrup contains Granisetron as its active ingredient and is useful to treat nausea and vomiting, which are associated with cancer medications, radiotherapy or any surgery. This syrup should be taken in doses and duration as prescribed by the doctor. Do not stop taking this medicine suddenly without informing your doctor. Diarrhoea, headache, constipation, insomnia are few side effects of Grandem syrup. Contact your doctor immediately if you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens....
|You Save||₹8.12 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
Check more medicines with composition as Granisetron(1.0 Mg)
Uses of Grandem 1 MG
Grandem Syrup is used for the treatment of nausea and vomiting, which may be due to cancer medicines (chemotherapy) or radiotherapy.
Contraindications of Grandem 1 MG
If you are allergic to Granisetron or any of the ingredients of Grandem syrup.
Side effects of Grandem 1 MG
- Increased liver enzymes
Precautions and Warnings of Grandem 1 MG
Can I take Grandem syrup during pregnancy?
- You should consult your doctor before using Grandem syrup, as there is limited information about its safety during pregnancy.
- Your doctor will prescribe you this medicine if considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take Grandem syrup while breastfeeding?
- It is unknown if Granisetron passes into breastmilk. Hence, do not breastfeed, while taking this medicine.
- Consult your doctor before using Grandem syrup while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Grandem syrup?
It is not expected that Grandem syrup will affect your ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Grandem syrup?
It is advisable not to consume alcohol along with the Grandem syrup, as consuming alcohol during treatment can affect the heart's rhythm.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your heart.
- You are suffering from any liver disease.
- You are taking medicines like dolasetron, ondansetron, fluoxetine, paroxetine, sertraline, fluvoxamine, citalopram, escitalopram, venlafaxine, duloxetine along with Grandem syrup.
- You experience symptoms like vomiting, stomach pain, constipation, difficulty in passing stools due to blockage in your intestine, as this medicine may reduce your bowel movement. ...
- You experience symptoms like high body temperature, sweating, shivering, fits and confusion and other mental changes (serotonin syndrome). In such a situation, appropriate observation is required.
- Grandem syrup is not recommended for children as there is limited safety data available.
Mode of Action of Grandem 1 MG
How Does It Work?
After chemotherapy or radiotherapy, serotonin is the main chemical substance responsible for vomiting. Granisetron in Grandem syrup works by inhibiting the action of this serotonin (body's chemical), thus preventing the feeling of nausea and vomiting....
Directions for Use of Grandem 1 MG
- Take Grandem syrup as instructed by your doctor.
- Shake well before use.
- Read the instructions on the bottle before usage.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon or dropper for the exact quantity.
- Do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
Interactions of Grandem 1 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements to avoid any interaction with Grandem syrup.
- Simultaneous use of Grandem syrup along with medicines used to treat an irregular heartbeat, other medicines like dolasetron or ondansetron, can affect the heart activity.
- Concomitant use of Grandem along with medicines used to treat your mental health problems like fluoxetine, paroxetine, sertraline, venlafaxine, duloxetine, etc can cause symptoms like high body temperature, agitation, increased reflexes, tremor, sweating, dilated pupils, etc (serotonin syndrome)....
Interactions with food items
Grandem syrup can either be taken with or without food.
Storage and disposal of Grandem 1 MG
- Grandem syrup should be stored at room temperature, protected from moisture and heat.
- Keep it out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
Dosage of Grandem 1 MG
Seek urgent medical help if you feel you have taken Grandem syrup in excess.
Missed a Dose
In case you’ve missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next dose, then skip the missed one. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How does Grandem syrup work?
A: Serotonin is a natural substance in the body that may cause nausea and vomiting. Grandem works by blocking the action of this serotonin, thus preventing nausea and vomiting.
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Grandem syrup?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform your doctor if you have heart, liver or stomach disease.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby.
- Grandem syrup may interact with other medicines. Hence, inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines, including supplements or herbal products. Also, inform your doctor if you are stopping any medicine....
Q: What is Grandem syrup?
A: Grandem syrup is an anti-emetic medicine containing Granisetron as its active ingredient. It is used to treat nausea and vomiting caused due to chemotherapy or radiotherapy.
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.