Grandem Syp 10ml
By ARISTO PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
10ml Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
1 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Grandem syrup contains Granisetron as its active ingredient and is useful to treat nausea and vomiting, which are associated with cancer medications, radiotherapy or any surgery. This syrup should be taken in doses and duration as prescribed by the doctor. Do not stop taking this medicine suddenly without informing your doctor. Diarrhoea, headache, constipation, insomnia are few side effects of Grandem syrup. Contact your doctor immediately if you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens.
Uses of Grandem Syp 10ml
Grandem Syrup is used for the treatment of nausea and vomiting, which may be due to cancer medicines (chemotherapy) or radiotherapy.
Contraindications of Grandem Syp 10ml
If you are allergic to Granisetron or any of the ingredients of Grandem syrup.
Side effects of Grandem Syp 10ml
- Increased liver enzymes
Precautions and Warnings of Grandem Syp 10ml
Can I take Grandem syrup during pregnancy?
- You should consult your doctor before using Grandem syrup, as there is limited information about its safety during pregnancy.
- Your doctor will prescribe you this medicine if considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take Grandem syrup while breastfeeding?
- It is unknown if Granisetron passes into breastmilk. Hence, do not breastfeed, while taking this medicine.
- Consult your doctor before using Grandem syrup while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Grandem syrup?
It is not expected that Grandem syrup will affect your ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Grandem syrup?
It is advisable not to consume alcohol along with the Grandem syrup, as consuming alcohol during treatment can affect the heart's rhythm.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your heart.
- You are suffering from any liver disease.
- You are taking medicines like dolasetron, ondansetron, fluoxetine, paroxetine, sertraline, fluvoxamine, citalopram, escitalopram, venlafaxine, duloxetine along with Grandem syrup.
- You experience symptoms like vomiting, stomach pain, constipation, difficulty in passing stools due to blockage in your intestine, as this medicine may reduce your bowel movement.read less
- You experience symptoms like high body temperature, sweating, shivering, fits and confusion and other mental changes (serotonin syndrome). In such a situation, appropriate observation is required.
- Grandem syrup is not recommended for children as there is limited safety data available.
Mode of Action of Grandem Syp 10ml
How Does It Work?
After chemotherapy or radiotherapy, serotonin is the main chemical substance responsible for vomiting. Granisetron in Grandem syrup works by inhibiting the action of this serotonin (body's chemical), thus preventing the feeling of nausea and vomiting.
Directions for Use of Grandem Syp 10ml
- Take Grandem syrup as instructed by your doctor.
- Shake well before use.
- Read the instructions on the bottle before usage.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon or dropper for the exact quantity.
- Do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
Interactions of Grandem Syp 10ml
Interactions with other medicines
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements to avoid any interaction with Grandem syrup.
- Simultaneous use of Grandem syrup along with medicines used to treat an irregular heartbeat, other medicines like dolasetron or ondansetron, can affect the heart activity.
- Concomitant use of Grandem along with medicines used to treat your mental health problems like fluoxetine, paroxetine, sertraline, venlafaxine, duloxetine, etc can cause symptoms like high body temperature, agitation, increased reflexes, tremor, sweating, dilated pupils, etc (serotonin syndrome).read less
Interactions with food items
Grandem syrup can either be taken with or without food.
Storage and disposal of Grandem Syp 10ml
- Grandem syrup should be stored at room temperature, protected from moisture and heat.
- Keep it out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
Dosage of Grandem Syp 10ml
Seek urgent medical help if you feel you have taken Grandem syrup in excess.
Missed a Dose
In case you’ve missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next dose, then skip the missed one. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How does Grandem syrup work?
A: Serotonin is a natural substance in the body that may cause nausea and vomiting. Grandem works by blocking the action of this serotonin, thus preventing nausea and vomiting.
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Grandem syrup?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform your doctor if you have heart, liver or stomach disease.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby.
- Grandem syrup may interact with other medicines. Hence, inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines, including supplements or herbal products. Also, inform your doctor if you are stopping any medicine.read less
Q: What is Grandem syrup?
A: Grandem syrup is an anti-emetic medicine containing Granisetron as its active ingredient. It is used to treat nausea and vomiting caused due to chemotherapy or radiotherapy.
Last Updated on: 20 Mar 2021 | 09:46 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved