Gramliv 500mg Tablets
Gramliv 500 MG Description
Gramliv Tablet is an antibiotic medicine. It is used for the treatment of bacterial infection of the lungs, throat, airways, nose, ears, urinary tract, skin and soft tissues. It contains levofloxacin
. Gramliv Tablet works by killing the bacteria responsible for infection by blocking certain vital functions of bacterial cells like growth and replication. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. Do not stop taking this medicine if you feel better within a few days. Always finish the course of antibiotic medicine for effective treatment
- Phlevo 500mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 87.92₹ 61.54₹
- Levotas 500mg TabletBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd Gx5 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 45.25₹ 29.41₹
- Levoquin 500mg TabletBy Cipla Gx5 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 45.24₹ 38.45₹
- Lotor 500mg TabletBy Zuventus Health Care Ltd5 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 32.89₹ 32.89₹
- Lcin 500mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Lupin10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 100.23₹ 85.20₹
- Fynal 500mg Strip Of 5 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd5 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 41.65₹ 35.40₹
- Alevo 500mg TabletBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 90.50₹ 76.92₹
- Leon 500mg TabletBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 87.90₹ 74.71₹
- Levoflox 500mg TabletBy Cipla Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 87.92₹ 74.73₹
- Levomac 500mg Tablet 10'sBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 87.92₹ 74.73₹
Uses of Gramliv 500 MG
Contraindications of Gramliv 500 MG
- If you are allergic to levofloxacin or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are allergic to a class of medicines called fluoroquinolones. If you are not sure which are these medicines ask your doctor.
- If you have a history of fits and seizures (epilepsy).
- If you have tendons (tendonitis) related problems.
- If you are below 18 years old.
- If you are pregnant/breastfeeding or are planning to become pregnant.
Side effects of Gramliv 500 MG
- Sleep disturbances
Precautions and Warnings of Gramliv 500 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have diabetes, psychiatric illness, brain injury, kidney or liver-related problems.
- You have a history of fits, you are above the age of 60 years.
- You are taking steroids.
- You experience low or high blood sugar, consider monitoring your blood sugar frequently if you are diabetic and on antidiabetic medicine.
- You experience nervous system-related symptoms such as confusion, sleeplessness, nightmares, thoughts of harming yourself, feeling low, anxiety, etc. Immediately seek medical advice.
- You have heart problems, a history of heart attack, slow heart rate, salt imbalance.
- You have glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (an inherited disorder that affects red blood cells).
- You have or had developed an allergic reaction after taking the Gramliv Tablet.
- You are suffering from myasthenia gravis, a condition of muscle weakness. This medicine can further worsen the condition of muscle weakness.
- Gramliv Tablet should not be used by children and adolescents.
- This medicine is known to cause tendon rupture, nerve damage/pain (peripheral neuropathy). Be cautious and tell your doctor if you already have any of this condition before initiating the treatment.
Mode of Action of Gramliv 500 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Gramliv 500 MG
Interactions of Gramliv 500 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Gramliv Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat your heart problems, brain disorders, other antibiotics, blood thinners, painkillers, steroids.
- Medicines containing aluminum, magnesium or sucralfate used for acidity problems should be taken with a minimum gap of 2 hours with the Gramliv Tablet.
- Other medicines such as methotrexate, cimetidine, probenecid should be used cautiously along with the Gramliv Tablet.
- Dietary supplements that contain iron may affect the way this tablet works, therefore, this medicine should be taken two hours before or after having any product that contains iron.
Storage and disposal of Gramliv 500 MG
- Store the Gramliv Tablet at room temperature in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly. Do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Gramliv 500 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with the physician before starting Gramliv Tablet?
Q: What precautions should be taken when using Gramliv Tablet?
- Avoid going out in the sun. Wear a protective covering or use sunscreen (SPF 30 or 40) to prevent sunburn.
- If you experience pain, swelling of a tendon or weakness or inability to use one of your joints; rest and refrain from exercise and discontinue the Gramliv Tablet treatment immediately and contact your doctor....
- If you experience sudden chest or back or stomach pain, seek medical help immediately.
- Have plenty of water and maintain a healthy diet.
Q: Can I discontinue taking Gramliv Tablet if I feel my condition is improving?
Q: Does Gramliv Tablet cause diarrhoea?
- Levofloxacin 250 mg Film-coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
- CDSCO - Levofloxacin [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
- LEVOFLOX Tablets (Levofloxacin) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
- Can Alcohol Abuse Cause or Worsen an Infectious Disease? [Internet]. Alcohol.org. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]