Gonal F 1050iu Box Of 1 Combipack Injection
Gonal F 1050 IU Description
Gonal F Combipack Injection is a fertility medicine that is used in the treatment of female infertility. It is used to stimulate the ovaries. This may increase the chance of pregnancy. It contains Ur
ofollitropin as its active ingredient which is a purified form of a hormone called follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH). Gonal F Combipack Injection will be given to you by a doctor or nurse. Avoid self-injecting this medicine. Before starting this medicine, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting treatment with Gonal F Combipack Injection.
|Side effects||Nausea, Vomiting, stomach pain, headache|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR FEMALE INFERTILITY|
Uses of Gonal F 1050 IU
- To treat infertility in women with FSH deficiency.
- It is also used to help the ovaries produce multiple eggs for use in "in-vitro" fertilization or Assisted reproductive technologies (ART)
Contraindications of Gonal F 1050 IU
- If you are allergic to urofollitropin or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have a high level of LH and FSH hormones.
- If you have a thyroid problem or adrenal dysfunction (a disorder in which the adrenal glands don't produce enough hormones).
- If you have a tumour in the brain.
- If you have a cyst in the ovaries.
- If you have any cause of infertility other than anovulation (when an egg doesn't release from your ovary during menses).
Side effects of Gonal F 1050 IU
- Pain, irritation, swelling, redness at the site of injection
- Stomach ache
Precautions and Warnings of Gonal F 1050 IU
Other General Warnings
- You had experience with infertility problems. Such patients can have mild adverse effects and should be carefully monitored during the treatment.
- You may experience ovarian enlargement along with extended stomach and stomach pain. To prevent this minimum effective dose of this injection should be used and cautious monitoring of ovarian reaction is required....
- You may develop the risk of Ovarian Hyper-Stimulation Syndrome (OHSS). The symptoms may include lower abdominal pain, breathing difficulty, rapid weight gain, nausea etc. If you experience any of such symptoms, talk to your doctor it may require discontinuation of treatment....
- You may have a higher risk of being pregnant with more than one child at the same
- time (multiple pregnancies).
Mode of Action of Gonal F 1050 IU
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Gonal F 1050 IU
- Gonal F Combipack Injection will be given in the hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection.
- Do not self-inject this medicine.
- Follow the instructions suggested by your doctor or nurse during the procedure or for aftercare.
Interactions of Gonal F 1050 IU
Interactions with other medicines
- Gonal F Combipack Injection may interact with other medicines and discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Especially if you are taking any other medicines used in the treatment of female infertility, as it may increase the effect on ovaries.
Storage and disposal of Gonal F 1050 IU
- Store this injection under the conditions mentioned on the pack.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Gonal F 1050 IU
Missed a Dose
B. Pharm, M. Pharm
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)