Gliotem 100mg Capsule
By SUN PHARMA
1 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Gliotem 100 MG Description
Gliotem Capsule is an anti-cancer medicine. It is used to treat and manage brain and spine cancer along with other therapies. Gliotem contains temozolomide as the active ingredient. It acts by killin
g cancer-causing cells, thereby preventing the spread of cancer. Take Gliotem Capsule as advised by your doctor at prescribed dose and duration.
|You Save||₹303.06 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, hair loss, headache|
Check more medicines with composition as Temozolomide(100.0 Mg)
Uses of Gliotem 100 MG
Gliotem is used for the treatment and maintenance of brain and spine cancer along with other therapies.
Contraindications of Gliotem 100 MG
- If you are allergic to temozolomide, dacarbazine or any other ingredient of Gliotem Capsule.
- If you have bone marrow failure or decreased activity of bone marrow.
Side effects of Gliotem 100 MG
- Loss of appetite
- Hair loss
Precautions and Warnings of Gliotem 100 MG
Can I take Gliotem Capsule during pregnancy?
Gliotem Capsule should not be used during pregnancy, as there is limited information about its effect on unborn baby. Your doctor will decide the necessity of the treatment with this medicine during pregnancy after assesing the risk and need.
Can I take Gliotem Capsule while breastfeeding?
Gliotem Capsule should not be used while breastfeeding, due to limited information. Breastfeeding should be discontinued while on this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Gliotem Capsule?
If you experience fatigue or sleepiness after taking Gliotem, it is advised to avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Gliotem Capsule?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while on Gliotem. Talk to your doctor if you consume it often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop any infections while on Gliotem.
- You have viral infections such as herpes of the brain or hepatitis.
- You develop pneumonia.
- You have liver disease.
- You have any other cancers.
- You experience nausea and vomiting.
- You are an elderly.
- Males should not plan to become a father for at least 3 months after the last dose, while females should refrain from planning pregnancy at least for 6 months.
- Gliotem should not be used in children below 3 years of age.
Mode of Action of Gliotem 100 MG
How Does It Work?
The growth and multiplication of cells take place through DNA, a genetic material. Temozolomide works by inhibiting the growth and multiplication of cancer cells by stopping them from making DNA, resulting in cell death....
Directions for Use of Gliotem 100 MG
- Gliotem Capsule should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water.
- Take it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Gliotem 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Gliotem Capsule works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially if you are taking medicine to treat seizures.
Storage and disposal of Gliotem 100 MG
- Store Gliotem Capsule at a temperature below 25°C in a cool, dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Gliotem 100 MG
If you have taken too much of Gliotem, contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of Gliotem Capsule, take it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule.
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Gliotem Capsule if I feel better?
A: Do not stop taking Gliotem Capsule until and unless your doctor advises you. If you stop taking this medicine, it can lead to an incomplete killing of cancer cells and thus increase the risk of the reoccurrence of cancer. The doctor will gradually decrease the dose as per the need.
Q: My husband is on Gliotem, can we plan pregnancy after completing the course of this medicine?
A: No, you should not plan pregnancy for at least 3 months after the completion of the last dose with Gliotem Capsule.
- Temodal Capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 7 June 2022]
- Temodal Capsules - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 7 June 2022]
- TEMODAR Capsules [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 7 June 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdsco.gov. 2022 [cited 7 June 2022]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed