Glencet 5mg Tablet
Glencet 5 MG Description
Glencet Tablet is an antiallergic medicine used in allergic conditions such as common cold, allergic rhinitis (running nose), urticaria, insect bite and hives. It contains levocetirizine as its activ
e medicine. Allergic symptoms appear due to the production of a chemical in the body, namely histamine. Glencet Tablet works by blocking the actions of histamine. Do not use it if you are allergic to levocetirizine. Avoid driving and handling any machinery, as this medicine makes you less alert.
- Xevor 5mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Abbott Healthcare Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 47.85₹ 40.676.23% CHEAPER₹ 2.71/Tablet
- Zipcet 5mg TabletBy Zydus Healthcare Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 32.17₹ 27.345.19% CHEAPER₹ 2.73/Tablet
- Lecope 5mg TabletBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 32.80₹ 27.883.46% CHEAPER₹ 2.79/Tablet
Uses of Glencet 5 MG
- Glencet Tablet is used to treat allergic symptoms such as common cold, allergic rhinitis (running nose), urticaria, insect bite and hives.
- It is also used to relieve symptoms of allergy due to dust and pet allergies.
Contraindications of Glencet 5 MG
- If you are allergic to levocetirizine or any other ingredients of Glencet Tablet.
- If you have any liver disease.
Side effects of Glencet 5 MG
- Dry mouth
- Somnolence (excessive sleepiness)
- Increased heart rate
- Altered sense of taste
- Visual disturbances
Precautions and Warnings of Glencet 5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have kidney problems or urinary retention problems, your doctor may suggest lowering the dose of this medicine.
- You are suffering from fits (epilepsy).
- You may experience certain skin reactions like swelling, itching and redness immediately after you stop taking this medicine.
- You are going to take an allergic skin test, as it may interfere with the diagnosis.
Mode of Action of Glencet 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Glencet 5 MG
- Take Glencet Tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
Interactions of Glencet 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Glencet Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Medications that may interact with Glencet Tablet are theophylline (used to treat symptoms of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) and ritonavir (used to treat HIV).
Storage and disposal of Glencet 5 MG
- Store Glencet Tablet at room temperature and away from excessive heat and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Glencet 5 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long does it take for Glencet Tablet to work?
Q: Does Glencet Tablet make you tired and drowsy?
Q: How long should I continue taking Glencet Tablet?
Q: Can I take Glencet Tablet along with paracetamol?
- Levocetirizine 5 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 28 April 2021]
- Levocetirizine: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 28 April 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 20 April 2021]