Gestin 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Gestin 5 MG Description
Gestin Tablet is used to prevent miscarriage and premature labour. It is also used for gynaecological disorders such as amenorrhea, irregular menstruation, and premenstrual syndrome. It contains Ally
lestrenol as an active ingredient which is a man-made form of the female hormone progesterogne. This medicine works by imitating the actions of the natural hormone progesterone and is used for the treatment of menstrual & gynaecological disorder due to imbalance in the hormonal levels. It is not recommended for female children below 16 years. It is advised to discuss with your physician if you ever had undiagnosed vaginal bleeding, abortion, or any kind of heart or kidney-related problems before taking this medicine.
Uses of Gestin 5 MG
- To prevent repeated pregnancy loss or miscarriage, premature delivery/labour.
- To prevent Intra Uterine Growth Retardation (poor growth of a fetus during pregnancy).
- For the treatment of menstrual problems such as amenorrhea, irregular menstruation, and premenstrual syndrome.
Contraindications of Gestin 5 MG
- If you are allergic to any component of this medicine.
- If you have a liver-related problem.
- If you ever had an undiagnosed bleeding, internal bleeding in the brain.
- If you have hormone-dependent cancer like breast cancer, prostate cancer.
Side effects of Gestin 5 MG
- Stomach discomfort
- Visual disturbance
- Ulcer in eyes
- Bulging of eyes
Precautions and Warnings of Gestin 5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are suffering from any kind of heart diseases.
- You are breastfeeding or experience migraine headaches.
- You have a sinus problem, breathing difficulty, asthma or infection of the lungs or airways.
- You have kidney dysfunction or a serious liver-related disorder.
Mode of Action of Gestin 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Gestin 5 MG
Interactions of Gestin 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
Storage and disposal of Gestin 5 MG
- Store the medicine below 30°C temperature.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.