Gemitrol Nasal Spray 3.7ml
By TORRENT PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
3.7ml Nasal Spray in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Gemitrol Ns Nasal Spray contains calcitonin as its active ingredient. It is used for the treatment of thinning of bones in women whose menses are naturally stopped after a certain age (postmenopausal osteoporosis). It is also used in the treatment of bone pain due to the resorption of bone due to certain medical conditions. It works by inhibiting the resorption of bones by acting on bone cells responsible for bone resorption. Do not use the medication without your doctor's prescription. Follow up with your doctor is necessary once you complete your course....
|You Save||₹304.08 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Side effects||Redness, itching, irritation, dryness of nose|
|Classification||DRUGS FOR OSTEOPOROSIS|
Check more medicines with composition as Calcitonin(200.0 Iu)
2 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Gemitrol Nasal Spray 3.7ml
Uses of Gemitrol Ns 200 IU
Gemitrol Ns Nasal Spray is used for the treatment of thinning of bones in women whose menses are naturally stopped after a certain age. It is also used in the treatment of bone pain due to the resorption of bone due to certain medical conditions....
Contraindications of Gemitrol Ns 200 IU
- If you are allergic to calcitonin or any other ingredients of Gemitrol Ns Nasal Spray.
- If you have a condition of high calcium in your body.
Side effects of Gemitrol Ns 200 IU
- Nasal swelling
- Redness, itching, irritation, dryness of the nose
- Runny nose or blocked nose
- Bleeding from nose
- Muscle pain
- Back pain
- Joint pain
Precautions and Warnings of Gemitrol Ns 200 IU
Can I use Gemitrol Ns Nasal Spray during pregnancy?
There is limited information on the use of this medicine in pregnancy. Hence it is recommended not to use the same unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I use Gemitrol Ns Nasal Spray while breastfeeding?
A breastfeeding mother should take this medicine only under doctor's recommendation. Refrain from self-medication.
Can I drive if I have used Gemitrol Ns Nasal Spray?
No, it is not advisable to drive after consuming this medicine, as it causes drowsiness and dizziness, which affects the driving ability of an individual.
Can I consume alcohol with Gemitrol Ns Nasal Spray?
Alcohol is not known to interact with this medicine. However, you should avoid using alcohol as it can delay the healing or decrease the body's response to infection/injury.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Your doctor tells you that your blood calcium level is low.
- You have muscle cramps, seizures etc after using this medicine.
- You have nasal irritation, ulcer in your nose after using this medicine.
- You should take an adequate amount of calcium and vitamin D3 while using this medicine.
- You should tell your doctor to do a nasal examination regularly while using this medicine.
Mode of Action of Gemitrol Ns 200 IU
How Does It Work?
Gemitrol Ns Nasal Spray works by inhibiting the resorption of bones by acting on bone cells responsible for bone resorption.
Directions for Use of Gemitrol Ns 200 IU
- Use this medicine as instructed by your doctor.
- Before the use of this medicine activation of the pump is necessary.
Interactions of Gemitrol Ns 200 IU
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of Gemitrol Ns Nasal Spray if, taken at the same time. Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction....
- Concomitant use of Gemitrol Ns Nasal Spray with lithium causes a decrease in the blood level of lithium due to increased urinary excretion of lithium.
Storage and disposal of Gemitrol Ns 200 IU
- Store unopened bottle in a refrigerator at temperature (2°C to 8°C).
- Do not freeze. Store this medicine at room temperature 15°C–30°C in an upright position for up to 35 days, in a cool and dry place if it is opened.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets. Discard bottle after 30 doses.
Dosage of Gemitrol Ns 200 IU
Symptoms of overdose of this medicine include spasm of hand and feet, cramps etc. As this medicine is meant for external application cases of overdose is unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed using this medicine, use it as soon as possible. Do not overuse this medicine just to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Gemitrol Ns Nasal Spray
A: Gemitrol Ns Nasal Spray is used for the treatment of thinning of bones in women whose menses are naturally stopped after a certain age. It is also used in the treatment of bone pain due to the resorption of bone due to certain medical conditions.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.