Gemcal Strip Of 15 Capsules
By ALKEM LABORATORIES LTD
15 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Gemcal capsule is a nutritional supplement used to treat calcium, vitamin D and zinc deficiency. This supplement should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease, high levels of uric acid a
nd those diseases that lead to an increase in the concentration of calcium. Take the Gemcal capsule as suggested by your doctor....
Ingredients and Benefits
- Gemcal Capsule contains calcium, calcitriol (Vitamin D) & zinc.
- Calcium: It is one of the most profuse mineral in the body which is essential for building and maintaining healthy bones and teeth. It is very important for maintaining the balance of breaking down and building up of bones and supports flexible movements and mobility of muscles and bones....Read more
- Vitamin D or Calcitriol: It plays a very crucial role in the absorption of calcium and phosphorous from the intestine, which is critical for the formation, growth, and regeneration of bones. It supports healthy bones and teeth. It also plays an important role in cell growth, neuromuscular and immune function, and reduction of inflammation....Read more
- Zinc: It plays an important role in bone formation and mineralisation. It is an essential factor for bone healing and repair.
Uses of Gemcal Strip Of 15 Capsules
- Gemcal capsule is used for the treatment of calcium, vitamin D and zinc deficiency.
- As an adjuvant for the treatment and prevention of osteoporosis and bone disorders.
- As a supplement when calcium requirement of body is high such as in elderly, after surgery, during pregnancy and lactation.
Precautions and Warnings of Gemcal Strip Of 15 Capsules
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are allergic to calcium and zinc supplements.
- You have any existing medical condition like diabetes, hypertension, kidney or liver problem.
- You are on other medications, supplements or following any complementary or integrative health approaches.
- You should not take the Gemcal capsule if you are allergic to any of its components.
- You have any planned surgery or operation.
- Dietary supplements are intended to supplement the diets of some people and should not be a substitute for a well-balanced, varied diet and a healthy lifestyle.
Directions for Use of Gemcal Strip Of 15 Capsules
- Gemcal capsule should be taken as adviced by your doctor.
- You should not consume calcium supplements more than the stated recommended daily dose.
Storage and disposal of Gemcal Strip Of 15 Capsules
- Gemcal capsule should be stored in a clean and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What food is rich in Vitamin D, Calcium & Zinc?
A: Milk, curd, cheese, paneer and other dairy products, chinese cabbage, kale, broccoli and milk products. Zinc is found in beans, nuts, certain types of seafood (such as crab and lobster), whole grains etc.
Q: What are the benefits of Gemcal capsule?
A: Gemcal Capsule improves the conditions of deficiency of calcium, vitamin D and zinc. It also supports healthy bones and joints.
Q: Can I take Gemcal capsule during pregnancy?
A: You can take Gemcal Capsule during pregnancy, only if prescribed by your doctor.
Q: Is Gemcal capsule a health supplement? Can it be harmful if I take it too much?
A: Yes, taking Gemcal capsule too much of this supplement can be harmful. Overdose can cause stomach discomforts and increased levels of calcium, vitamin D3 and zinc in your body. If you think you have taken too much of this supplement, seek medical attention immediately.
Q: What are the side-effects of Gemcal capsule?
A: Gemcal capsule shows mild side-effects like headache, heartburn, indigestion. Please consult your doctor before use.
Q: How should I store Gemcal capsule?
A: Gemcal capsule should be stored at room temperature away from sunlight and heat. Keep it away from children and pets.
Q: Can I take Gemcal if I have a condition of hypercalcemia, (high blood calcium level)?
A: No, if you have a condition of hypercalcemia, then you should inform the doctor before starting the Gemcal supplement. As it can cause an overdose of calcium and may affect kidneys.
Q: What is the best time to take Gemcal?
A: Take Gemcal with meals or as advised by the doctor. As calcium needs the acid from stomach juices to break it down, but avoid taking this supplement with high fibrous food. Try to take it at the same time every day for optimum results.
- Calcium - Fact Sheet for Health Professionals [Internet]. Nccih.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 5 August 2021]
- Calcium Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 5 August 2021]
- Rocaltrol 0.25 and 0.5 microgram Capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 5 August 2021]
- Vitamin D - Fact Sheet for Health Professionals [Internet]. Nccih.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 5 August 2021]
- Science Direct. Zinc Supplementation for bone health [Internet]. Sciencedirect.com. 2021 [cited 5 August 2021]
- Calcitriol: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 5 August 2021]
- Calcium Carbonate: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 5 August 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
|You Save||₹45 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Vitamin D3 / Cholecalciferol(0.25 Mcg),Zinc(7.5 Mg),Calcium Carbonate(500.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Calcium, Vitamin D and Zinc deficiency|
Last Updated on: 11 Oct 2021 | 03:07 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved